Merry Christmas to all, and to all a.......... GET BENT!
Well, since I am running out of time to do this I figured I would write my Christmas post. Hard to believe it's 7 days away, is all your shopping done? What did you get me, I know what Gary and Cheryl are getting me, or my allegiance will go back over to Shannon's Eagles. So, I asked for suggestions on what to write about for my Christmas post and got several good ideas, so I thought I would try to touch on all of them.
This Christmas will start for me on the 23rd, we are going to meet at my grandma's to have Christmas with her, and the aunt and unlce nobody likes right now. It should be just a great day all around. Should be an interesting day to say the least. There we will give my grandma her gifts, and then my cousins and nephews will open theirs. The reason we are doing it on Friday is because we started a new tradition ourselves. My parents, and I all go to my sister's house now on Christmas Eve so we can be there when her 3 boys wake up on Christmas Day. It's just easier on my sister and her husband. My sister makes awesome cookies and I usually gain 5 lbs just looking at them! After the littles ones go to bed we usually play games, and watch Christmas movies. My brother in laws parents are also coming over this year, and his dad is pretty competitive, told me he wants to kick my butt at trivia! Yikes, I better start studying. Then on Christmas morning we'll watch the nephews all 3yrs old and younger open their gifts, and then while they play with all their new toys the adults will open. It should be fun, I always look forward to it. What do you guys do for the holidays, split up family time? Get up early, or sleep in?
Ben suggested I write about some good country music christmas songs. There are a lot of good ones, and obviously you have the old time favorites done by country singers. Of course those of you who have seen the grinch probably know the song "where are you christmas" that was done by Faith Hill I like that one. Garth Brooks has a good one in Santa looks alot like daddy. I highly recommend that song. Probably the most requested one I hear on my favorite radio station is two step round the Christmas tree by Suzi Bogguss. Also there are some great Christmas movies out there that are a MUST WATCH at this time of year. I have really moved Elf up on my list of favorite Christmas movies. Will Ferrell cracks me up and it's a really good move. Christmas Vacation though is still my all time favorite. I watched it tonight it's the best of all the Vacation movies for sure. I have seen this movie so much I almost know all the words! AMC is going to run a 24 hr marathon this year of Miracle on 34th street the original, and you can't go wrong with that. I am sure they got the idea from TBS running the 24 hour marathon of Christmas Story, which is another of my favorites. Highly recommend those if you haven't seen any of them.
Well, I don't want to write a book so I am going to try and wind this down. I got some inside information on what Santa got some of you, and thought I would tell you what they are now! Exciting right? By the way some of you were on the naughty list and well got coal sorry!
Design Goddess- I heard from Santa you've been pretty good this year. You can choose from 100 coupons to any Burger King of your choice, or a Tivo so you don't miss any of your favorite programs all on the same night.
Nutz- Santa's helper(phats) still feels bad that you lost your game of Dutch Blitz so I have arranged it so you get a free hour of shopping and get to take anything you want from dickhead's stuff(ryan). Or a free road trip of your choice with Phats?
Jenn- My best friend Santa worries about you dating that jackoff, so he arranged an appt for you at speed dating, and heres to hoping you dump the chump sooner then later!
Gary and Cheryl- I know you're a little worried about not having a coach yet, don't worry it's taken care of. Someone will be hired soon that will return Bama to its glory days, or at least respectability, and believe me this was no easy task. HAHA!
Edge- Hmm, Santa knows you just started a new photography business, so he bought you a new camera! He took a picture with it too, so don't be surprised to see him holding a nickel buffalo up! haha
Shannon- Ahh yes, Santa must really like you because he has arranged for you to have a weekend get away, including candlelit dinner, with Elliot from American Idol. Now don't forget you're married, don't want to end up on the naughty list next year.
Seahag- This one was easy, Santa has arranged for you get a lifetime supply of white castles so you're never without your favorite sliders.
Mike H- Another easy one, free season tickets best seats in the house to all Canucks games, eh mate?
Beading- You're getting two gifts, Santa must like you. You will have a healthy baby, and a chocolate river put in your backyard, you know like in Willy Wonka! haha.
Bekah- Santa knows how much you appreciate the great Dan Jansen, so he arranged for you to get to meet him out of his speed skating outfit! Relax, I meant in clothes on a date geesh. HAHA never going to let you live that down you know.
Kayla- UAB will make a healthy run in the NCAA tournament this year, and you will have Santa to thank for that, if this doesn't happen you're not allowed to complain
Burr-ee-toe- you get a lifetime supply of chapstick, and ketchup packets! exciting right?
Mr Shife- You get something Santa knows you've been dreaming about for a long time. A weekend stay with the one, the only, the greatness that is the HOFF! Kit will also make an appearance. Again like with Shannon you're married so behave!
That's everyone on the nice list, if you didn't get anything you've been bad so expect coal haha!
Finally I am going to give out my first ever Grinch Award. Just a note this is all in fun so nobody get mad ha.
Celebrity Grinch for 2006- Hmm tons of candidates here right, I have narrowed it down to three, one from sports, one from politics, and one from acting/music. My sports candidate is Terrell Owens, why this guy is even allowed in the league is beyond me. He is a disgrace, and that is why he is a candidate. Politics why of course our President, but I figured that wouldn't go over well, so instead Mitch Daniels. Who is that you ask, our Governor who voted for DST! JERKOFF. Finally the hollywood grinch, I am going with Mel Gibson I think his actions explain the choice right? However, in the end my biggest grinch for 2006 goes to
TERRELL OWENS! Congrats
Finally the Blog Grinch of 2006. I have debated on doing this or not, but I am not one to shy away from a little fun controversy haha. Hmm, who to choose. Mike H was a candidate for not blogging ever, but he made up for it with a late season run. Nutz was also consideration for leaving us for the dark side AKA Myspace, but like Mike H, she returned to blog just in time. So that led me with one person, yes this year's award goes to someone who has gotten rather grumpy lately. That person is,
FEARLESS! Pot Meet Kettle :) haha. CONGRATS sorry Fearless there is no money award.
So who is your grinch for this year? A celeb, your boss, a sports figure, a blogger?
Alright sorry for such a long a post. I sincerely hope you have a wonderful Holiday and a Merry Christmas! My next post won't be til the 23rd or 24th and that will be the Purdue Bowl Preview since I am leaving for Florida the 26th.
Have a safe and happy holiday season
Phats


63 Comments:
Thanks for listing your christmas country songs Phats. Somehow I knew Garth Brooks would turn up somewhere on your list LOL.
I've typed up your top 5 Country albums of the year, and we'll post on Wednesday.
Hopefully we can do this every year. I'm no expert on Country, so your input is much appreciated. Thanks
Have a great Christmas!
I'm not on that list--so I must of been bad! Coal--I'm getting coal!
AUGH!
:o
I guess you're NOT going to let that one go, huh?? :) I appreciate the thought though. I'll let you know how it goes. :)
I freakin love my gift!!! Thank you Phats!! I think if I had a night alone with Elliot he would be the perfect gentlemen..I would have nothing to worry about ;)
Merry Christmas!!
Oh my gosh I can't wait for the chapstick and ketchup! You will be receiving Splenda!
I think I might take you up on that and take the baseball glove.
I think I might take you up on that and take the baseball glove.
I think I might take you up on that and take the baseball glove.
Ben- No problem it was fun! Thanks for asking me
Star- you still have time to not get coal haha :)
Bekah- of course not! Well, maybe after Jan 1 I will stop
Shannon- haha I thought you would like that. I liked elliot, didn't want him to win though
Burr- I set ya up, can't wait for the splenda to roll in!
Nutz x3- HAHA thanks for the commentS haha. yes the baseball glove, I was thinking you'd steal the hedgehog.
I never should have suggested Gary, IN. It won't happen again.
Egan- haha! I couldn't believe you suggested that. Hope you enjoyed your trip to the windy city
nice post phats- although you scared the bejeebers outta me with the whole "7 days to christmas" bit...! i am nowhere near ready!
It was such a bad suggestion that I didn't make your list? I'm hurt.
Great gift idea, Santa must have a lot of connections. What am I saying, of course he does, he's freaking Santa!
Wow, I was almost a Blog Grinch. Good thing no other relative died, otherwise I would have been a shoe in. Something about a death in the family that keeps the spirits low, you know?
Merry Christmas Phats.
Oh, and if you could have a word with Santa, some diet cherry Coke would also be excellent.
Hi Phats - I'm back from the dark side of busyness. Thanks for stopping by in spite of my two week disappearing act. I am totally doing the WHOO HOO dance ... why? you may ask - cos I actually got to read your post from beginning to end - might this be 'cos it was not a football post? Either way, lots of love from me, DDTF and Ross to you and those you love for a wonderful holiday season ... sounds like it is going to be lovely - enjoy all the giving and receiving. xox
Have a fanastic Christmas too, Phats. I hope you have tons of fun in Orlando.
Hey Phats!! Not sure how I missed getting over to your blog today! I would have hated to miss all this festive fun!!
Okay, a few thoughts--
-Yes, please, Santa Phats, bring me a good coach for Christmas! It's getting sort of lonely down here with no real leader leading the way!
- I'm a HUGE Cowboys fan, you know this! But I can agree that TO is the biggest jerk ever! Your choice for him is right on target! (But the Cowboys still rock!)
- I love that you are hanging out with the nephews to see what they get on Christmas morning. Nothing like a child's face when they see all the loot that Santa brought! (I'm surprised, though, that you won't be with your betrothed...or was that just a rumor? lol)
- Okay, I know what Gary's getting you for Christmas. But I gotta get you something too. I don't think that his gift will be quite enough for you. (You're man enough to handle more!) So what do you want from me?
Have a great Christmas!!! I am soo needing some cookies now.
Your new family Christmas tradition sounds great! I'm sure your sister appreciates it and everyone has fun. :)
Can't wait to hear how the trivia goes for ya! ;-)
Holy Chit! I'm getting coal !! :( So much for your Barnes and Noble gift card - guess you will have to learn to read at the library hehehe ;)
I wanted to wish you a nice holiday but I didn't want to say "Holy Chit" and Merry Christmas in the same comment, wait a minute I just did...
Merry Christmas!!! :D
Angel- Sorry for scaring you!
Egan- HAHA sorry! I heard Santa is getting you a pink speedo, could that be right?
Mike H- GO CANUCKS you have totally turned me into a fan. And Merry Christmas :)
Burr- Ha Consider it done! But I want some vanilla coke with my splenda.
Dawn- I am glad this post didn't put you to sleep :) see once football season was over I told ya I'd get back to normal posting
Phoenix- you too! I hope to have tons of fun.
Cheryl- PLEASE TELL ME WHAT GARY IS GETTING ME HAHA! :) Hmm what else do I want I have to think about it and get back to you, how long do I have.
Fuzz- My sister makes a ton come on over. they are awesome too
Pissy- it worked really well last year. I will update ya on the trivia!
Tina- You crack me up!! Santa said he has a surprise you, so hand over those gift cards!
Have a happy and safe Christmas and new year.
Your family tradition sounds really nice. I like a lot of the country Christmas songs like the Faith hill one.
Take care!
Reese, of course! Tied up in a big red bow! But if Gary is getting you her, what am I supposed to get you? I can't have Gary out-gifting me!
Great post phats. made me LOL
Have a great Christmas, I get to meet my mother in law- Shudder.
*Cries
Pink is my color so you nailed it.
Regular vanilla coke or diet vanilla coke?
Carmel- Thanks you have a nice holiday too. The Faith Hill song is good, I looked for it on videocure but couldn't find it.
Cheryl- I am beginning to love christmas!!
Pixie- Much luck with meeting your mother in law haha :)
Egan- AMAZING RACE HERE WE COMe!!!
Burr- Regular please
Thanks Phats. I can't wait to see those chesticles in person. You are one cool dude, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season as well. Take care my friend.
Shife- Haha! thanks, you're pretty cool yourself
See what happens when we speak toooo soon???
Hahahahaa, U are my next Tag!!!
*smiling brightly* **with a couple of winky-winks that is**
Go HERE for all the details!!!
Luv ya!
' ]
You have a safe and Merry Christmas Phats!
~xo
The jokes on you!! I HAPPEN YO LIKE COAL!! ;)
Steve~
Kath- Did you go all Eddy on your boss, or did you get your bonus? are you putting in a pool? haha
STar- I will do it after the holidays I promise
Leeann- you too!! :)
Steven- haha, well I lied you got 5 children all 4 and younger ;)
I'll make it happen for you. :)
Sweet we can have a coca cola exchange!
Blogger Twins Activate! Form of a monkey. Form of a ice keyboard.
WOOHOO AMAZING RACE! here we come haha. you're not gonna make me do the all the gross eating challenges are you? I can handle the physical ones
Okay, Phats, gotta deal for you. You make sure Alabama gets a 2 or 3 seed and I'll make sure Purdue makes it to the Big Dance. And we've got to be in different regions so we don't play each other until late in the tourney. A sweet Christmas present for each of us!!
I'm SO laughing at Egan's Wonder Twins lines. I SO watched that every Saturday morning as a kid--and I'm aging myself there, am I not?? I LOVED it; them and Aquaman (he was hot, even if he was a cartoon!)
Off to watch Bama basketball--their game against NC State is actually on tv tonight! Woo hoo!!
*Daydreaming about Elliot* =P
Top Chef is on and Wtf!! Not a new one? Repeat! Arrgh! Who's your fav? Me likes Cliff and Sam and Ilian and Elia hehe
Betty is working my last nerve.
Kath- Count me in, sounds like fun
Cheryl- DEAL!! Are you calling me hot? oh wait you were talking about a cartoon, I was starting to worry what Gary might do to me
Shannon- HAHA! :) get em tiger
Tina- I was pissed, I got home all ready to watch, and it was a rerun WTF! I think my favorites are Elia and Ilian, imagine that we agree haha. I don't like Betty anymore she is annoying!
Hey again!! I convinced (err. . . made him feel guilty!!) Gary into doing his picks, and he's actually emailed them to you already. I'm off to do mine right now!
Well, if you'd like I can call you Aquaman from now on . . . aww, the memories he's bringing back . . .
HAVE A WONDERFUL XMAS BUD AND A LOVELY NEW YEAR,ALL THE BEST HAVE A LARGE BEER ON ME..CHEERS FOR THE YEARS COMMENTS,KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND CYA NEXT YEAR
pockey and i are on the naughty list? this is bunk.
Cheryl- YAY! I got them both I will be posting them very soon thanks guys
Icecold- THANKS!! You too my friend.
TGP- Uhh i think you and pokey invented the naughty list hahaha, but that would all change if you make me a gingerbread house
Oh, sun, beaches, warm weather, Yum-- I could eat it up!!!
Oh Santa~ Where for art thou???
I'm rewishing Holidays 2 U. I know, I'm still getting coal! ...guess it beats getting NOTHING---
Your traditional plans sound great! We open all our gifts here after I cook a big dinner on Christmas eve....that way the little kids can all stay home in the morning and play with their toys...and I can sleep in! lol. You have a wonderful Christmas Phats!!! Spending it with family is the very best! Oh..Christmas vacation is my fav Christmas movie too!
Those sound like some good cookies!
You forgot Toby Keiths cover of Old Toy Trains. Very good Christmas song. :)
Have a very merry Christmas!!
Can I get unbent now? It's starting to hurt! =P
invented the naughty list?! no sir! we are both good girls! what if we start mailing you off pieces of our gingerbread house as a ransom?
Dude....Coal??
That's so not cool!! I thought you were cool.
JACKASS!!
Delinked!
Hey Phats!!! So glad you liked your gift from me ... but I do believe that Gary might have outdone me. You need to check it out!!
(Personally, I don't know what you're gonna do with both Carrie and . . .)
Ahh, I see that you did already check out your gift. I stand corrected. Imagine Carrie and Reese both waiting up for you (and with Icees in hands). What a lucky boy you are . . .
Stop the presses!! We agree! ;) hehe
Have fun during holidays - stopping by VA on way to Florida? :P
Merry Christmas, Phats :)
Gee I sure hope I get those BK certs! Just so you know, I've discovered it wasn't BK (Although still could have been) but rather my very good friend from old times, GERD! My doc gave me some pills so hopefully I'll never have to hear from him again. So for now, I have to stay away from chocolate (boo hiss), mint (?), alcohol (*sniff, sniff*), spicy things (fine by me), and caffeine. So much for a "happy" holiday. :(
As for our tradition, this is the second year that my Aunt, Uncle, their 2 daughters and grandson will be coming to our house Christmas Eve and Day. The funny part is, they're Jewish! It's always fun. My cousin, her son and I played cards last year and her 9 yr-old beat us badly! It's sad my bro and sis couldn't make it, but at least we will have some family here with us.
Hope you have a great Christmas my friend!
PS ANSWER MY E-MAIL!!!!! (you know which one too!) :D
oh I almost forgot! My favorite Country Christmas song is "Oh Holy Night" by John Berry! Beautiful!
Merry Christmas Phats!!!
Thank you sooooo much a chocolate river!!! yumm yummm I will be swimming every day. :)
Have a great vacation and I put in an extra word with mother nature for you. I told her she better make it nice and warm and sunny or else!!
Merry Christmas!!
Star- haha! :) coal can be fun
Catch- thanks, a big home cooked dinner sounds great
Fated- I am not a fan of Toby, but I like that song. Cookies are so good
Shannon- YES!! Please do :)
TGP- you will make it back to the nice list once I get some gingerbread
Steph- HAHA!! SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG How could I forget you, no seriously how could I forget?!
Cheryl- you two are awesome, thank you so much for my gifts!
Tina- Close we have a layover in Charlotte
DG- What email ;) I love O Holy Night too
Beading- MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!! Enjoy that chocolate.
Don't you play coy with me young man! You know exactly to what e-mail I'm referring!!! :D
Have a great Christmas and enjoy the time with your family! :)
Ahhh, you're a sweet one, Mr. Grinch...ermmm...Phats
;-)
Late Merry Christmas!
Go Big Green!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home