Monday, December 11, 2006

I survived the mall

Well, I did it I finished my entire christmas shopping all in one trip WOOHOO go me. Now, I need a volunteer to wrap it all, any takers? I took a certain amount of money with me and I came home with 60$ not bad. I am one of these people that just wants to buy buy buy screw taking time and looking, what fun is that. I once again spoiled my nephews rotten, and still might pick up one more thing for them, if Kristen makes me shop with her. I am hoping she won't. I went with my sister and her husband. The day started off with the worst service ever at a Chili's! Maybe everyone was pissy because the Colts were getting owned. Speaking of getting owned, anyone catch the Saints/Cowgirls game tonight? Sorry Gary and Cheryl, but my boy Drew literally rocked the Cowboys!

Speaking of sports, sorry for you nonsports people. How about them Boilermakers!!! Our mens basketball team is off to an 8-1 start after an impressive 79-62 win over previously undefeated Missouri team Saturday. I am hesitant to get too excited yet because it's still early, and we still are Purdue. Allow me to explain. Last year was suppose to be the bounce back year but here is what happened. In the spring before the season started our projected starting point guard was suspended for the whole season for a DUI, he starts this year. Our best defensive player and great shooter David Teague tears his ACL in Oct. Out for the season. Carl Landry our best player overall, coming off an ACL tear(last game of the regular season the year before), decides he isn't healthy enough to compete. If you are keeping track that's 3 starters. Shortly into the season Nate Minnoy tears his ACL out for the rest of the season, and then our point guard Kory Spates who was in trouble all year elects to transfer. In all 5 starters gone. So you can see our luck has not always been great, so I am enjoying our success but will always be waiting for other foot to drop. Next up we play the mid major media darling Butler Sat. What sucks is they are no longer undefeated. I like our chances we'll see what happens. BOILER UP!

Anyone have any suggestions for Christmas posts this year? I am also trying to figure out the best way to put up the Purdue bowl preview before I leave for Florida. Any thing you want me to post about, suggestions welcomed.

Have a great week
Phats
By the way, how great was it to see Tyler and James win the Amazing Race! They deserved

29 Comments:

At 12:49 AM , Blogger Cinderella said...

I think it is hysterical that you are calling the Cowboys the Cowgirls!!

I am trying to behave here...I don't want to be on Gary's chit list this close to Christmas! (I will wait till after) =P

Glad you got your shopping done! Now don't you feel good about yourself?

 
At 1:10 AM , Blogger Phats said...

haha shannon I got the cowgirl thing from you haha I liked it and latched on :) He deserves it he rubbed it in when they beat the Colts.

 
At 1:17 AM , Blogger Cinderella said...

We are sooooo getting coal!!! LOL

 
At 1:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to get my Christmas shopping over and done with, you have done well, I sure hope to come home with 60 dollars in my pocket, it's normally a lot less for me so well done!

 
At 1:32 AM , Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

I will wrap your pressies for you!!! I still have not done mine but should start once i am on leave next week!!!!! Thanks for spilling the beans on the amazing race!! - We only get to see it here on our tv next year!!!! (we are so slow down here is africa). Take care and I hope it is not to cold there!!!

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Linda said...

I missed the game but my daughter informed me on who was winning. She is not a Saints fan like me.

Christmas posts let me see ask us what is our favorite thing about the Christmas season, any traditions, favorite food, worst gift, are we regifters, stuff like that.

Thanks for the update on Amazing Race. :)

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Cara Bara said...

Gosh lucky. I only have one gift bought so far. ick

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

Wow! I'm really impressed that you got it done in a day!!! I'll sign up for the wrapping committee. :)

I guess I'll wait for reality tv to start up before I can participate in your other conversations because I'm not much of a sports person.

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Yep, your boy Drew DEFINITELY owned us last night! He was VERY impressive!!
I also have noticed how well Purdue is doing! That is great!! We are also 8-1 (that pissy loss to ND; yuck!!). Maybe we will both be happy in March when we make it to the Big Dance!!
For Christmas posts . . . tell us about some of your Christmas traditions and memories, best gifts ever received or given, favorites, etc.

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

I think a cool Christmas post would be to write about strange and weird Christmas customs. Some of them are just weird...like mistletoe.

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Shannon- Not you and I?!

carmel- it's normally a lot less for me as well, but found some good sales

NMOTB- woohoo can you start today?! haha. I am sorry if I ruined the race result for you

Beading- Good suggestions! Your daughter doesn't like America's Team!?

Nutz- I only had 1 til yesterday myself.

Bekah- Watch out I will take you up on your offer!

Cheryl- thanks for the suggestions :) Yes Drew was AWESOME last night. That reminded me of his Purdue days when he would throw 80 times a game. Go Bama Basketball!

Phoenix- Mistletoe weird? I love mistletoe ha

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Phats, I am the worst present wrapper in the world. I'll offer to wrap things and people will turn down my offer. They'd rather have a small child do it. I struggle. Congrats on getting all your shopping done! I'm mostly done. :)

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

PHATS - I talked to Santa today and let him know what you and Shannon have been up to.. he said you both were getting Stockings FULL of coal and switches!!

HA! he said the cowboys would be getting a big win on Christmas Day!!

 
At 4:16 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Burr- Hmm I bet you still wrap better then me

Gary- HAHA OH NO!! Who do they play on Christmas?

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger Catch said...

I think its so neat the way you always do things with your family Phats, I do a lot with my family too and I think its great.

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

We could have a worst present wrapper contest!

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

They play the Eagles Phats! *Rolls Eyes* lol

 
At 9:48 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

So what'd you get me for Christmas, Phats?! Huh, huh?! :D

And everyone made fun of me at our fantasy football picks for taking Brees! Guess I showed them! I've now got the top 2 QB's in the NFL! Ha ha!

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Catch- my family is pretty cool, so I like spending time with them

Burr- You're on!!

Shannon- I looked it up, I am sure you will rock them once again ;) haha Man I am probably back to coal

Kathryn- It's always nice to welcome a fellow Boilermaker! Sure, but I get to buy myself a gift if I do that for you haha

DG- If I told you it would ruin the surprise!

 
At 2:36 AM , Blogger Fated said...

I love to wrap gifts! Send them up here! :)

I was pretty confused with your basketball talk. I think now I can understand how people must feel when I talk about hockey.

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger Pixie said...

I love to wrap too.
Love to Xmas shop something I miss over here quite a bit.

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

I'll post pictures of my bad wrapping as soon as I start wrapping presents. You'll be sorry you entered this contest.

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger starbender said...

How about them Boilermakers?
I would need Many Boilermakers to sit and watch basketball. Not a big sports fan, but a little.... (Boilermakers is a shot in a beer!)
' ]

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger Will said...

Hey Phats, what about a post on your favourite christmas country music ?

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger Kayla said...

Way to go you shopping fiend you!
haha
I still have plenty of shopping to do, but I'm one of the peeps that enjoy it.

Blazers beat DePaul!!
In overtime..
Makes us 6-3

Congrats to the Boilers

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Tag! You're it! (see my post if you're confused)

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

Hiiiiiiiiii Phats!! How you dooooooin? =P

 
At 11:18 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Kath- Hey we like BSU people here, my whole family went there go CARDS!

Fated- you from Canada? I am sending my gifts! No charge right?

Pixie- feel free to shop for me anytime, if you want a list I will email it :)

Burr- I am DQ'd my girlfriend is wrapping mine ha

Mimi- I thought so

Star- BOILER UP! see how cool we are, our mascot is a drink

Ben- Hmm that's not a bad idea!

Kayla- don't forget my gift!! Hey we beat DePaul too woohoo

DG- thanks alot, but i'll do it

Shannon- HA at least we can still comment on each other's right? ha

 
At 6:40 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

very impressive on the christmas shopping spree dude! i love wrapping them as much as i like shopping for them- its part if the fun for me!
oh, and BOILER UP!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home