Thursday, December 07, 2006

Is it the weekend yet?

Does it seem like this whole week has been lagging on FOREVER? It didn't help things that I woke up this morning to our first real snowfall of the season YUCK. It was our first accumulation of the winter. It wasn't much, pretty much just a dusting, but sleet and ice made the roads really fun to navigate this morning. I only saw one bad wreck that pretty much had a section of 31 shut down. Glad I wasn't stuck in that traffic. This winter so far seems to be following the same path previous winters have in that December we're not getting much snow, but will probably get bombed in Jan. and Feb like the last few years. There is that running joke around our state that winter is not officially over til the HS basketball tournament ends in March. A couple years in a row we got really bad ice storms right during the HS basketball tournament, it was a mess. Here's hoping this melts fast, and winter stays mild.

Anybody catch the latest on Jessica Simpson? At the Kennedy Center Honors she was doing a tribute to Dolly Parton and singing 9-5 when she forgot the words. It gets worse she had cue cards! Anyway she abruptly stopped and stood there, when she finally spoke she said something to the tune of "Dolly you make me so nervous" When this got absolutely no reaction from the audience she ran off stage crying, into the arms of her perverted father. Who was probably trying to just get a better peek at Dolly's jugs. Anyway, they supposedly let her retape it after the show. What a ditz! Also, Gary you'll love this, reports are that Tony Romo the Cowgirls QB would like to date Miss Simpson. Think it over Tony, you don't want to have to explain the dancing trash cans during the concession part of the movie aren't real!!!

The Amazing Race finale is Sunday, this season has really flown by, I am not sure who will win. Tyler and James are definitely the favorite because they run fast and are the most athletic, but sometimes screw up directions. Rob and Kim will probably fight the entire way to the finish line. The Bama girls, don't like them, but somehow they always find exactly where to go quicker then anyone else. I am going with the boys, especially if it comes down to a footrace. Did anyone else hear they are doing an All Star season for the next edition! That will be awesome, I am sure they will bring back Jonathan and Victoria, and hopefully Charla the midget and her evil cousin who made her do all the hard tasks. I wonder if we'll see the return of Survivor couple Rob and Amber who were cheated out of 1 million. It sucks that all the other shows are now going to reruns for awhile. Does anyone still watch the real world? I tuned in the other night to see the white gay christian guy going postal on someone, and in the end decided to leave. I didn't see much but I saw him pushing a big guy and pointing in his face telling him to hit him. I gotta give credit to the guy he totally kept his calm and didn't take the bait.

The grammy's listed their nominees recently, and I was happy to see that they went on musical merit and not political agenda like other award shows. The dixie chicks one of the most talented bands out there is up for 5 grammy's this year. I bought the CD it's really good, and deserves the recognition. I also saw Carrie Underwood was up for a couple as well, which is cool Go American Idol! Speaking of, how big of a massive tool is Taylor Hicks?! He totally dogged American Idol in a recent interview, and basically bit the hand that fed him. What a bonehead move too, especially since his CD hasn't come out yet. Way to alieniate 90% of your fan base dumbass. I never liked Taylor anyway, I always thought he looked like a spaz having seizures when he performed. I saw Tina's favorite Chris on Ellen the other night, still not a fan of his either his form of singing is too much like screaming. Can't wait for the new AI season! :)

Well, that's all but before I go I promised to give a blog plug to Nutz. She is doing a christmas lights contest and would like you all to participate. So go on over to her blog, she is nutzonaroll in the links and check it out.
Have a good one!
Phats

25 Comments:

At 2:39 PM , Blogger Cara Bara said...

It took me FOREVER to get to work this morning b/c of the ice. HEY if you get a feed of that Jessica Simpson mess up, send it my way...HA HA HA.

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

LMFAO @ Jessica Simpson!! What a putz! I can't believe she forgot her words...I bet Dolly wanted to smack the stupid out of her! haha

About The whole American Idol thing...it's sad that SOME of the winners forget where they came from. I loveeeeee American Idol, I can't wait for the next season! Yippieeee!

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger Pixie said...

Haa Haa thats so funny about Jessica Simpson.

Wrap up warm Phats ;)

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Linda said...

I am soo happy to see news about Jessica instead of Britney. That is funny. I feel bad for Dolly Parton though. She has always been a favorite of mine. I also have seen her in concert many moons ago in St. Louis.

I can't wait for AI to start either. I seen in the Wal Mart add Chris, Kelly and Katherine all have cds out now. I also seen Taylor on an interview and I did not care much for it. I also seen Chris on Ellen. Why oh why did he have to tattoo his name across his back???

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Bekah said...

I'm with you that this week has lasted forever. Hasn't helped that I've put in overtime!! Oh well. Your Jessica story cracked me up - I'd missed that one. And the Taylor one too. I have to get back into the loop!

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

I bet Taylor is pissed that he doesn't get to do his own kind of music. I hear that happens quite a lot with the winners...and they might get frustrated. But it's a business. Plain and simple.

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger Gunngirl said...

I loved your post, loved the recaps. I saw that Jessica Simpson thing in our RedEye newspaper. I can't believe she ran off stage, I didn't believe she was actually crying. That's not a song with hard words.

I want to know what Taylor hicks said. I think he can sing, but I haven't heard anything of his. I like the first single of Chris' "It's Not Over" but he does scream a lot, I don't think anything else sounds good off that album, he's trying too hard to be a rocker, he should just sing and not worry about rocking out so hard. I'll have to check out the Grammy's, haven't seen it in years.

We have mostly ice and since it's so cold it's not going anywhere. We need some sun. I'm not looking forward to snow. Ugh!

Take care!

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Nutz- I haven't seen it yet, but if i see it I will let you know

Edge- Eye Candy AMEN! I have seen that ad you are talking about as well.

Shannon- I think the difference with Taylor is he is dogging it totally, Kelly kind of turned her back but she never came out and dogged the show like Taylor. I can't wait til it starts again! :)

Pixie- I am, I hate cold weather

Beading- So you didn't like Chris' tattoo? I was never a fan of his, but would have rather seen him win then Taylor

Bekah- I am glad someone else thinks this week has lagged on ugh

Phoenix- Probably, the loser shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you though.

Gunn- Who doesn't know 9-5 right? a great movie too :)

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The one thing i'm afraid of when I move to Ohio is trying to drive in the snow.
I saw the Jessica Simpson thing too lol.
Have a nice weekend!

 
At 7:12 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Thank you for the current events update. I knew I could count on you. I did see the Jessica Simpson video, and it is pretty sad that she needed cue cards for the 9 to 5 song. I mean it is a masterpiece and all, but is it really that tough. And if she was such a huge fan of Dolly don't you think she would know that one song by heart.
Good luck against the Twerps.

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Carmel- you'll be fine, just go slow and take it easy. Snow isn't as bad as ice

Shife- You are welcome my friend. Jessica is a total putz! Hot, but a putz

Mimi- Yeah she screwed up pretty bad

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Catch said...

I cant believe Jessica Simpson forgot the words to 9 to 5. Heck..even I know the words. Boy I bet she was embarrassed. I dont know Taylor Hicks, but I am going to watch AI this season. I got DVR so I wont miss it!!!! hehehe. I loveeeeeee Simon. ummmmmm.

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

You know, I talk about how much I love snow but that's only because we never get it! If I lived where you live and had to deal with it all the time, I'm sure I would HATE it!! After about a week of below-freezing temps, I've had enough and I'm ready for shorts and summer again!!!
Jessica S is an idget!! And you can't account for Romo's taste in girls--but I like the way he throws a football around!
We all rooted for Taylor around here, because he's from just down the road. In fact, one of my daughter's friends is his cousin (and a lot of people were fans of his music here that he used to play in local clubs and stuff). Doesn't account for being a jerk, though. (I really agree with Phoenix that Taylor's style of music is very different than AI stuff and perhaps he's feeling like he's having to "change" for his record deal. Who knows?) Still, AI is a great thing--can't wait for it again!!!
Hey, we have a new coach and we're excited!
Have a super weekend!

 
At 11:48 AM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

It totally bugs me that my boyfriend likes Jessica Simpson because she embraces her stupidity. So what the hell is he doing with me??? I'm way more intelligent than she could ever hope to be. Still no love for the snow from you?

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger Mike H said...

I have no idea who you're talking about.

Are these your real life friends?

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger starbender said...

Thanx 4 the birthday wishes.
Jessica Simpson? These tye-dye, out of the box, blondes sure give blondes a bad name!!!
:o

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Ben- Traditionally Jan/Feb are the worst months around here, I hope that is not the case this winter

Catch- I WANT A DVR!!!

Cheryl- That is cool that they knew Taylor! I was never a fan, his whole act was just too much for me, I think his head got to big.

Burr- your bf seriously said he likes Jessica(we're on a first name basis) for her stupidity?! HAHA that's hilarious. I bet it would turn him on if you asked him if Tuna was Chicken or Fish?

Mike H- I really hope you're kidding, you don't know who Jessica Simpson is?! You Canadians need to get out more

Star- Hope you had a great birthday!!

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Mike H said...

I'm using the whole, if-I-don't-acknowledge-it-then-it-does-not-exist angle.

Otherwise known as denial. I used to think that nobody could be THAT stupid. Used to.

 
At 10:50 AM , Blogger Duck said...

Is anyone actually surprised by anything Ms. Simpson does anymore? She's not even the hottest Simpson sister now that Ashlee fixed her nose...

I guess I am surprised she ran off stage crying. I've got to find that video. I'm a sucker for public humiliation. The only way it would have been better is if she would have done a little hoedown dance like little sis beforehand. Ah well.

Oh, and wow. I thought I was a reality TV fan. I bow to your obvious supremacy in this area. And I too hope Rob and Amber get a shot at the all star version of Amazing Race. They were really good at it. Rob has got to be the most street smart person I've ever seen on any reality show.

I didn't hear about what Taylor Hicks was up to, but I'm not surprised he's bashing the show. It was totally a means to an end for him, being a fairly established musician as he was before the show started. He just wanted to get some exposure I bet. He might actually be a bit upset about winning the show, since it puts some more restrictions on him than say Chris Daughtry, who I can't believe you don't like! He was great, and I'm gonna check out that album. Of course, I like the kind of music he does, and a little screaming to accentuate stuff never hurts as long as you can fall back on a good voice, which he has.

Ok, I think I've taken up enough space for one comment. Toodles!

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger Duck said...

Is anyone actually surprised by anything Ms. Simpson does anymore? She's not even the hottest Simpson sister now that Ashlee fixed her nose...

I guess I am surprised she ran off stage crying. I've got to find that video. I'm a sucker for public humiliation. The only way it would have been better is if she would have done a little hoedown dance like little sis beforehand. Ah well.

Oh, and wow. I thought I was a reality TV fan. I bow to your obvious supremacy in this area. And I too hope Rob and Amber get a shot at the all star version of Amazing Race. They were really good at it. Rob has got to be the most street smart person I've ever seen on any reality show.

I didn't hear about what Taylor Hicks was up to, but I'm not surprised he's bashing the show. It was totally a means to an end for him, being a fairly established musician as he was before the show started. He just wanted to get some exposure I bet. He might actually be a bit upset about winning the show, since it puts some more restrictions on him than say Chris Daughtry, who I can't believe you don't like! He was great, and I'm gonna check out that album. Of course, I like the kind of music he does, and a little screaming to accentuate stuff never hurts as long as you can fall back on a good voice, which he has.

Ok, I think I've taken up enough space for one comment. Toodles!

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Big Pissy said...

I agree with the duck as to Jessica Simpson.

She needs to stay home or something.

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

didn't I post a comment on here? I could have sworn I did a few days ago. Oh well....

Hope your weekend was swell. :)

 
At 11:57 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Well,Phats, your Saints stuck it to us! Drew had an AWESOME and just made Romo look like the amateur tonight. And Reggie Bush? Wow!! They just out-played us on every level! (I actually really root for NO, as long as their not playing my Boys!)

 
At 6:32 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

hhhmmm, i must agree with you that an amazing race all stars edition would be very entertaining indeed!
as for the grammy's- apparently there's a south african with a nomination as well... but i don't watch tv news if i can help it so i dunno who it is...

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Well sorry about Purdue in the bowl game. I hope you had a great time otherwise. Happy New Year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home