Sunday, December 03, 2006

Bring on the Twerps!

Well we finally know who we will be playing in the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando. The Maryland Terrapins out of the ACC. It was crazy everyone trying to guess who we'd play, everyone from Georgia Tech, Boston College, Clemson, to Maryland. This is a good match up, I have not been overly impressed with Maryland. That being said I am sure it will be a good game, but the ACC is really not that great of a conference. We also know who will be in the title game it will be Ohio State vs Florida. Michigan got the snub and has the complaint this year(it seems like it's always someone). I don't think Florida matches up well with OSU, and I see the bucks taking the title. The most undeserving BCS team has to be Notre Dame, they do not belong in a BCS game and stole the spot from someone more deserving. Some great match ups, and I will be doing a preview soon. So, if you were a guest picker for me this season be looking for an email.

Well, all that hype how this monster storm was coming 4-6 inches possible, and possibly a sheet of ice first, and we got absolutely nothing. The wind was bad, I mean really bad but that was it. I will take high winds any day over snow. We didn't even get flurries which I was happy. Although we had some flurries tonight. It's really cold though which sucks, because just last week it was 70. Winter is officially here I am afraid. Hopefully it will be a mild one.

I met with my Varsity tennis team tonight at the center and had them scrimmage 4 of my junior high girls. Now, I never thought in a million years this would be so controversial, but some parents were outraged. They couldn't believe I would do that to the upperclassmen, and that next year those Freshmen need to earn their status by playing JV. I had to refrain from really being rude, and I am proud of myself. I held the scrimmage, and let me set the scene first. The 4 jr high girls are GOOD. 3 of them were part of the undefeated girls team, the other played 1 singles for the boys team and was 9-2. I simply wanted the juniors on the Varsity to see that they need to start working a little in the offseason(which they don't) or they are going to lose their spots next year. If this had been a match tonight the Varsity would have lost. we played 2 singles matches and 1 doubles match. The top singles match was 8-1, and 8-0. The second singles match was 8-5, and 8-2 both in favor of the 8th graders. The doubles matches were close but the varsity girls won both 8-2 and 8-6. That was good to see, but I came away thinking these 4 girls could all probably start varsity this year. It's going to be a long season!

Does everyone have their Christmas shopping done? If so want to do mine? I finally have some free time next week, so I am going to meet up with my sister and go shopping and try to finish then. Does anyone shop online? I bought some things over the net last year, was looking for something this year but didn't find it. I have been in a christmas mood lately, I watched Elf, Miracle on the 34th street, and Christmas Vacation the other day. Do you ever feel guilty when you get Christmas cards from all your friends and you never send them out? ha.

Have a great week The music is "gotta be something more" by Sugarland
Phats

By the way I got a thank you note the other day for the wedding I ditched, and basically they thanked for me coming to their wedding HA! funny right?

29 Comments:

At 2:21 AM , Blogger Tina said...

Hahaha, I remember that wedding you ditched, that is funny!

I havent shopped a single bit for christmas, just for myself LOL Shopping online is the bomb. I try to whenever I can - traffic and crowds suck and make Tina an angry girl :P (I have a nasty case of road rage too) I bet I'm getting coal for xmas

Oh chit! Christmas cards! Arrrgggh ;)

 
At 4:28 AM , Blogger ICECOLDCOKE said...

hope your team does well mate,they can do it im sure....speak to u soon

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger Linda said...

That is just to funny on the thank you card.

Lots and lots of luck to your tennis team. :)

Shopping not done cause I am giving the kiddos money for Christmas or I am trying to talk them into a pool table. I have the room for one.

One year I got a ton of Christmas cards from family and friends and did not send any out. Well we had to go up to my mom n law's right around the New Year cause she was sick and boy did I ever get chewed out. But you know what I did not feel guilty at all.

Got my car fixed!! :)

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

That is SO funny about the thank-you note. Just goes to show you that they really don't even notice who comes or doesn't come to their wedding! Funny!!!
I know you disagree, but I was VERY excited that Florida got the natl championship bowl bid. I HATE them when we play them, but I was really wanting an SEC team to have a shot! I just didn't want to see Michigan play when they already got beat by OSU--they had their chance!! So, maybe Florida will give them a good game. We'll see!
You guys should CREAM Maryland!!! The ACC does nothing to impress me, and from what I saw of you guys this year--you should totally win! Boiler Up!
We got a bowl bid, but have you ever been to Shreveport, Louisiana . . . yawn!!! (Of course, beggars can't be choosers!!!)
Love the Sugarland song!!

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

And oh--no we haven't done all of our shopping. If I had to guess, I'd say I've bought about 30% of them! Yikes--I've got a lot still to do!!!
I totally feel bad when I don't get out my Christmas cards on time. I've been known to send out After-Christmas Christmas Cards!!

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Mike H said...

Christmas shopping? I haven't even thought about it yet. Though I do have plans to go shopping with my sister next week. So I'm not totally behind on things.

I watched Elf last week. It's my new holiday tradition movie.

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Tina- you got my xmas gift though right?

Icecold- Thanks Man

Ben- I hope not, I don't like attending weddings. How'd you like Rascal Flatts?

Beading- A pool table AWESOME!! What are you getting me? You should get a stocking full of Dove Chocolates

Cheryl- The same reason you wanted Florida was the same reason I wanted UM for the Big Ten. Not to mention the first game was awesome, who knows second one might have been a blow out. I like Urban, but I don't see the Gators staying within 2 TD's of the Bucks. I hate OSU for the record. You guys going to go to the Bama game?

Cheryl- Just make sure you and santa gary get me my gifts haha :)

Mike H- Elf is awesome I love it. I am going shopping with my sister Sunday wow small world.

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

I've done most of my Christmas shopping done. I just have to hit up Bath and Body works for the people I don't feel like putting much thought into. Online shopping is the best. One of my friends made a wish list on amazon and made my life extremely easy. Online is the way to go!

 
At 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have almost all my shopping done. yay me, only cause i know if i dont do it right away i will just end up spending the money on stupid stuff for me......hehe

a thank you letter when you ditched, mhmm....i didnt even get one when i went to an old best friends wedding when she asked me at the last minute

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

So you WILL be rooting for Florida, just don't think they win? I think that pretty much everyone thinks OSU will beat them bad, but you never know. I guess we can both do the Gator Chop for that one day! I do think the biggest crock is Notre Dame's BCS bid. Yuck!! And I'm no LSU fan (pretty much despise them!), but I will be hoping that they demolish ND. Could happen!!!

 
At 6:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Go Bucks! I haven't done all my Christmas shopping no, sadly. And yes I do feel guilty when I get cards but havent sent them, i've been slack this year.

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger L said...

Is my Christmas shopping done? NOPE LOL.

You are one busy person Phats. ;)

 
At 11:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you got me a gift? Oh how nice :D haha ;)

 
At 11:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. email me! I keep missin ya online

 
At 1:52 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Burr- I laughed at your comment, the bath and body part. I love online shopping now lines, no crowds, and no traffic!

Pokey- Maybe you're thank you letter got lost in the mail? I sent a large cash gift, from my guilt of not going. Had I know he thought I was there I would have sent less! ha

Cheryl- I am still rooting for OSU, I do like Florida, but OSU is in our conference. I root for all big ten teams except IU because they blow donkey balls. I think Bama will cruise in their bowl game.

Carmel- I don't ever send out cards, and people always send to me and I feel bad ha oh well

Lori- I am, I am. What are you getting me??

Tina- I got you what I got you last year :)

Tina x2- I got it fixed! HAHA I had a computer question :)

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger Cara Bara said...

Elf and Christmas Vacation are a couple of my FAVORITE Christmas movies, as well as, A Christmas Story!!

I'm usually shopping on 12/23!

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

*Belch* Excuse me Phats!

Hello!! I was hoping YOU were going to finish MY shopping this year, I guess that's out huh?

Fudge!

Merry Christmas to you too!!

P.S. My Eagles actually won last night, barely, but I will take it!! =)

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Nutz- I love christmas story!!!

Shannon- Are you barfing at my post? haha. Do you feel better? Hmm I will but you won't mind me buying something really big and expensive for me right? I love fudge

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger LBseahag said...

get bent.

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Glad I could make you laugh! Its true though.. there's always those people you know you have to get a gift for, but you just don't feel like being creative.

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Duck said...

Go Boise State! Oh, and Purdue too I guess...

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Phats !

Don't go talking about how Bama will have no problems in their bowl game...

I think it depends on which team shows up!!

Have you found us a coach yet?

My Cowboys just keep right on winning! It was a little close this last week but a win is a win! Look for them to put it on the Saints this weekend!

GO COWBOYS!

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Sorry to hear about the winter and the snow!!!! *do i look sorry?*

Anyhoooooo, I have not done a stitch of shopping either and I don't even have a list yet, so I guess it is going to be a last minute rush AGAIN for me!!!! The music is great!!!!!

Take care!

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Seahag- HAHA eat my shorts

Burr- Totally hear ya 100%!

The Duck- GO BOISE STATE! Big game for them, tough game for them

Gary- I want to hire you and cheryl to coach them! Deal? haha. Sorry but your team is going to lose Sunday just the brakes when you play the Saints.

NMOTB- I am going shopping this weekend and will hopefully finish.

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger DirkStar said...

GO BUCKEYES!

Yeah.

Rah!

Nice blog, dude.

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

Did Gary just say something? I didn't hear anything, did you? *Gags* =P

 
At 12:15 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Dirk- GO OSU! I root for all the Big Ten Teams except IU

Shannon- Don't worry the Saints will whomp his loser cowgirls

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger David Amulet said...

As you can imagine, I'll be rooting for you 100%, even against an ACC team.

Maryland is shameful, as I wrote about earlier this year here.

-- david

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

i have bought exactly... drum rolls and trumpets sounding 1 (count them- one) christmas present... damien's.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home