GO BOILERS!!

Well, here we are at another Purdue preview, this week has flown by probably because work has kept me busy. We have had some crap going on at the tennis center and that is why I haven't been around as much. Tomorrow the mighty Boilers will take on the Illinois Fighting Illini, at Illinois. The game kicks off at noon, and yours truly will be there with friends. Last time out the Boilers defeated the multiple personality team of Michigan State 17-15 on a field goal with 4:00 mins to play. A great win considering the much criticized defense had to make 2 stops to get this win, they did and the Boilers are 1 win away from sending Phats somewhere warm for the holidays. A quick shout out to the Purdue womens basketball team, opening their season tonight in the Pre-Season WNIT defeating Belmont 67-43. Onto the Fightin' Illini!
Although Illinois goes into this game with a 2-8 record, they are much better then that. They have tested almost everyone they have played including a 17-10 loss last week against #1 Ohio State. They are very dangerous on both sides of the ball, and it all starts with their QB Juice Williams, if he gets loose(juice on the loose) it will be a long day. The weather is not looking so hot, it doesn't appear its going to be too cold, but rain is in the forecast. Our passing attack has never been great in the rain. One thing I like about this game is we still need one more win to become bowl eligible, I like that they have that motivation, and 3 chances to get it. However, all of Boilermaker country will feel much better if we get it tomorrow.
This weeks guest picker is none other then Mr Red Raider himself, the one, the only, Jef. I am not sure if a Texas Longhorn stole his other F or what? I will say this about Jef, he had me laughing at his predictions like nobody else. So on we go. Shife's Vandals are off this week.
Big Game of the Week
USC vs Oregon- A huge showdown in the Pac 10 AKA the conference nobody cares about. This is a big game, and a very winnable game for the mighty ducks. USC has really struggled this year, and won't put up big numbers until they take on the very much overrated Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Ducks pull out a thriller
Phats- OREGON 42 southern cal 41
Jef- TROJAN over Duck. Trojan(giggle)... Beats Duck(more giggling) Something about Trojan at home, and the band, and Fleetwood Mac, and that Tusk song.
EDIT FINAL SCORE USC 35 oregon 10
Phats- D'oh
Jef- WOOHOO
Philadelphia vs Washington- For Shannon and Ben. Well, we will see if the bye week helps Philly get back on track. Washington really hasn't impressed anyone, including me this year, and the eagles ought to make Shannon a happy girl Sunday. Eagles give shannon a great Birthday gift an easy win for a change.
Phats- PHILADELPHIA 35 washington 17
Jef- EAGLE beats redskin. Skin's are too high after last week's game, and eagle is too hungry. NFC East= bad conference this year.
EDIT FINAL SCORE PHILADELPHIA 27 washington 3
Phats- WOOHOO
Jef- WOOHOO
Michigan vs Indiana- For Fearless. Ahh Fearless you know if IU wins this I will never let you hear the end of it, good thing the Hurryin' Hoosiers have absolutely no shot. Any shot IU had went out the window when BSU played UM tight last week. UM sends message we're back and KILLS IU, leaving my Boilers to be the big bully on the block and denying them a bowl berth. MEEECHIGAN rolls
Phats- MICHIGAN 55 indiana 14
Jef- WOLVERINE over hoosier. But not in basketball only football.
EDIT FINAL SCORE MICHIGAN 34 indiana 3
Phats- WOOHOO
Jef- WOOHOO
UTEP vs UAB- For Kayla- The battle of the letter schools. This one being played tonight, and should be a good game. UAB badly needs a win unfortunately I see the Miners taking this one sorry Kayla. Basketball season has started though and the Blazers will rock there. Side note UTEP has a beautiful stadium.
Phats- UTEP 38 uab 31(Hope I am wrong
Jef- UTEP over uab for Kayla and the 4 other people who watch Miner football. Actually some UTEP pride has been seen on the streets of the DFW area with little miner picks on the back of cars. Picks and good marketing make a win this week for UTEP.
EDIT FINAL SCORE UTEP 36 uab 17
Phats- WOOHOO
Jef- WOOHOO
Washington vs Stanford- For Egan- This could have easily been the pillow fight of the week, or the yawner. Should be a snoozefest, at least the Stanford band kicks some ass to wake up the fans. Stanford is bad, UW needs a win. A great formula Washington cuts down the tree mascot. Watch out hopefully the tree isn't under the influence!
Phats- WASHINGTON 55 stanford 3
Jef- WASHINGTON, Egan I hope you like U DUB because they hold their own against Elway's alma mater in Stanford.
EDIT FINAL SCORE STANFORD 20 washington 3
Phats- D'oh
Jef- D'oh
Virginia Tech vs Kent State- For Design Goddess. A weird late season match up here. I see KSU having two chances, Slim and None. None will win out. This one will be ugly, so don't let young children watching. HOKIE HOKIE HIGH!
Phats- VIRGINIA TECH 60 kent state 7
Jef- VIRGINIA TECH, Va Tech takes it to the Kent Staters. I have to vote for my fellow Tech'sters.
EDIT FINAL SCORE VIRGINIA TECH 23 kent state 0
Phats- WOOHOO
Jef- WOOHOO
Boston College vs Duke- For David. Again basketball season has started so that is a good thing for Duke right? Another ugly miss match, and Eagles Soar to a win.
Phats- BOSTON COLLEGE 45 duke 3
Jef- BOSTON COLLEGE, BC Eagle dominates the Dukie(that just sounded cool) BC needs a good Flutie in this game to make it interesting to me.
EDIT FINAL SCORE BOSTON COLLEGE 28 duke 7
Phats- WOOHOO
Jef- WOOHOO
Texas vs Kansas State- For Cheryl and Gary. Past seasons this was a big time match up, but K-State has fallen off the football powerhouse map. Texas in my opinion works its way(undeservedly so) back into the national title picture. Texas wins ugly AGAIN.
Phats- TEXAS 42 kansas state 21
Jef- TEXAS, oh lord let the bloodletting be manageable.
EDIT FINAL SCORE KANSAS STATE 45 texas 42
Phats- D'oh
Jef- D'oh
Auburn vs Georgia- For Pissy and Lee Ann. Hmm will Georgia finally play to their potential, nope don't think so Dawgs go down. It will be close though, and hopefully UGA bites someone.
Phats- AUBURN 28 georgia 14
Jef- AUBURN, Ahhhhhhhhhhbunnnnnnnn over Jooooooooojuhhhhhhh you can't run the sweep against Ahhhhhhhbunnnnn
EDIT FINAL SCORE GEORGIA 37 auburn 15 UPSET SPECIAL!
Phats- D'oh
Jef- D'oh
Alabama vs LSU- For Cheryl and Gary. Hmm another good match ups some good ones this week featuring bloggers teams. Bama has yet to beat one of the SEC powers, and that will remain the same after this game. Trust me though you will enjoy my iron bowl prediction ;) Tigers too much for the Tide, but just so you know I am rooting for them ROLL TIDE! The good news Gary, the Thunderbolts WILL win their tournament. Yep you heard it hear first, the Thunderbolts will win :) take it the bank
Phats- LSU 31 alabama 13
Jef- LSU, Tiger takes the Packiderms in the Katrina Bowl
EDIT FINAL SCORE LSU 28 alabama 14
Phats- WOOHOO
Jef- WOOHOO
Texas Tech vs Oklahoma- For Jef and Fuzz. Another tough test for the Red Raiders, and after nearly stunning Texas, I think they will stun OU. Without Peterson OU became very beatable, before they were kind of beatable. Tech will roll up the offensive yardage and get a big defensive stop late to take this one
Phats- TEXAS TECH 35 oklahoma 31
Jef- TEXAS TECH. Can I vote on this one?? Hmm, I'm a homer I'll take RAIDER!!! And give it all a big R A I D E R P O W E R !!!
EDIT FINAL SCORE OKLAHOMA 34 texas tech 24
Phats- D'oh
Jef- D'oh
Purdue vs Illinois- Well this is another big game for us, and I would like to see us get that 7th win here so we don't go into the bucket game needing a win. It will be closer then some might think, but we're playing much better on the road this year then at home. A good Purdue crowd will travel for this one, and watch the Boilers young improving defense get the big stops again. I think this game will be like the last one we played there 2 yrs ago, close but never in doubt. Purdue wins!! Hopefully sending me to Florida or San Antonio in December.
Jef- PURDUE- Purdue over Illinois MAN LAW!!!
Phat's PURDUE PREDICTION
PURDUE 28 illinois 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE PURDUE 42 illinois 31
Phats- WOOHOO(I had the spread right!)
Jef- WOOHOO
EDIT FINAL STATS
Phats- 7 WOOHOO's 5 D'oh's
Jef- 8 WOOHOO's 4 D'ohs
JEF WINS!
Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever grateful ever true thus we raise our song anew FIRE UP
Of the days we've spent with you all Hail our old Purdue
GO BOILERS!
BTFU
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever grateful ever true thus we raise our song anew FIRE UP
Of the days we've spent with you all Hail our old Purdue
GO BOILERS!
BTFU


33 Comments:
I have to confess to having caught a BIT of the Rutgers fever prevailing in NJ tonight ... just a bit, for about 7 minutes. Aren't you proud of me. (I can't see DDTF painting his face!) Have a great weekend.
Dawn- what a HUGE win for Rutgers tonight, I was happy for them
Awww tanx for looking at the fish pix lol
Yea, Top Chef is not that good this time around -these people are focusing on drama more than the food and Chefs are not pleased!
VaTech 60-7? woweee hope so!
Have a great time at the game!! :)
Have a good weekend Phats! Just wanted you to know I stopped by!
Hi,I liked reading through.Thanks for sharing.
Wish you well
Phats....are you making fun of someone's Southern accent?!?!?
If so, you'd have a field day here in Hell! *LOL*
WAR EAGLE!!!!
Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever grateful ever true thus we raise our song anew FIRE UP
Of the days we've spent with you all Hail our old Purdue
GO BOILERS!
Boiler Up!!
Have a great weekend and even greater time at the game!!
Great post today, Phats. And Jef (even though I'm a Longhorn fan!)--great sene of humor and pics!
I definitely think Purdue will win BIG and you will be heading to a bowl game. Boiler Up!
I also think the Bama game will be a very hard one. This season is just becoming heartbreaking, and we really need a win BAD. Maybe. . .
And Phats, I'm so proud that I've raised another good little Bama fan. Doesn't it feel good to say "Roll Tide!"? hee hee
Good to see you back again. Hope work slows down a little bit and that you have a GREAT weekend!!!
Oh yes, had to comment on the Lousville-Rutgers game last night. That was an INCREDIBLE game!! !I was wanting Louisville to win, but then after Rutgers took the win I just had to smile big for them. I agree with Jef--that's how football should be played!!! A great comeback effort by Rutgers and the PRIDE of the players and coaches and fans. Fun!
Well, it was pretty easy to figure out how you found my page! :)
I hate to tell you, Phats -- especially in our first-ever conversation -- that your Oklahoma-Tech prediction will be lowering your record this week. I get the feeling, though, that as long as your Purdue prediction is correct, you won't mind being wrong about any other game.
BOOMER SOONER! :)
BOILER UP!!
CODE BLUE!!!
BOILER UP !!!
man, not gonna much, ur post is too long, couldn't finish it :)
but Just passing to wish a great weekend !!!
Phats,
With 6 wins Purdue is all ready bowl eligible. The win against Indiana St counts. So you will be going somewhere for the holidays!
Tina- I like top chef this year, but you're right much more drama
Catch- Hi it will be a better weekend if we win!
Zing- hello thanks for stopping by!
Pissy- No No No that was jef!!! Yell at him :)
Beading- see you're learning the words
Jef- I caught the best part of that game, Rutgers kicking the field goal to win it! I thought the Cards and the Big East were both overrated.
Cheryl- I hope it's big, but you never know Illinois has played well. I hope I am wrong about Bama!
Cheryl- I was for Rutgers, a neat story. Might be in a BCS game
My life- haha!! You're right, the only one I want to be right about is Purdue! BOOMER SOONER! Glad to be rid of your cheating basketball coach?
Fearless- HELL YA!
Rawad- WOOHOO thanks for stopping by, I know for the nonsports people it's a long post haha
Dr Saks- I wish that were true, but we play 13 games this season therefore we have to win 7 to become bowl eligible, so one more!! We play Hawaii after the Bucket game. Take care of business tomorrow though and we're there
Hi Phats,
I'm afraid I have to agree with you.
UAB is going to take a beating tonight!
You flatter us saying we'll score 31 points! haha
I'm afraid it will be more like 10.
Thank God for basketball!
Hope Purdue kicks ass tomorrow.
Boiler Up!
BTW, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Oklahoma is going to pull off a tight win over Texas Tech
Sorry Jef...
;-)
Squeeze the Juice.
Good luck to the Boilers.
Good luck to the boilers! They look like a tough bunch of guys, so it should be easy!
I'm thinking the Oregon Ducks are going to take it to the Irish.
Illinois is playing for pride at this point. They are dangerous for sure.
You Sweet Guy!! Thanks for the Thunderbolts softball prediction! That would be awesome!!
BTW--McKenna's high school football team won its state playoff game tonight. They're on to the second round!! Yay!!!!!!!! (These are the mighty Golden Gophers! LOl)
Sunday football is all I can handle
Have fun this week-end!
; ]
Yo Phats,
Blazers 17, UTEP 36
At one point, we were within 6 points of being ahead, then we GAVE them 2 touchdowns.
Uggghhhh
It's official now..we have a losing season.
No bowl game for us, and the last 2 games are on the road.
More disaster ahead!
Again, it wouldn't be so bad if we had played well and lost.
We just plain played poorly.
Better luck to the Boilers!
To end on an up note, our band kicked ass!
Please let the Eagles win..Please let the Eagles win, Please let the Eagles win!!
*Crosses fingers*
Good Luck Purdue!!
Somebody is going bowling!! You need to by some bowling shirts... hahaha!
Oh my poor Flashes!! However, I think they held their own at 23-0. Granted, it was a shut-out, but you gotta give em kudos for not letting it get TOO ugly!
Kayla- Sorry they lost, but like you said it is basketball season!
Kayla- you were right!
Shife- Consider the juice canned
Carmel- It's good to look tough when you play this sport.
Phoenix- From one lowly dangerous team to another we get IU who MUST win to go bowling next week
Cheryl- I hope the Thunderbolts won, and golden gophers, sorry I don't like Minny! ha
Star- College is so much more fun then pro football
kayla- it's a telling sign when you are talking about the band haha.
Shannon- I am rooting for the Eagles!
Fearless- or shall I call you Dr McFearless?? HAHA yes I am so excited, I have my shirt and shoes packed!
DG- Yep the flashes didn't do bad, now they need to somehow get back in the MAC race
Tech showed some sign of life but they are going to have to do more in the second half. Congrats to Purdue.
Hope you are having a good weekend!
~xo
Hey Phats !!
HOW YOU DOOOOOOOIN ??
BTFU !!!!
Ahem..when you get home be sure to update that Eagles score..yayyyyyyy finally a win!! =)
Fuzz- Tech didn't play bad at all
Lee Ann- I am having a GREAT weekend :)
Spy- Hmm should I get that picture i sent into the milk company back, they were going to start putting it on the back of milk cartons!
Shannon- WOOHOO EAGLES!
PHATS!! Thanks for the prediction but it was about as good as the Texas one... sounded good, but just didn't work out! The Bolts did end up beating the team that won out in the tourney... We gave them their only loss this weekend! Not too bad... IRON BOWL WEEK!!! and we'll be there to sking those Auburn Tigers!!!
Phats, they are calling Saturday's loss to Stanford one of the worst in school history. And here we thought they had turned the football program around. I'm not sold on this Willingham dude as coach.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home