Saturday, October 14, 2006

Has it really been that long?

Hey guys,
First off very sorry about my unexplained absence over the last week, and in a minute I will touch on that more. However, I would first like to say a BIG thanks to everyone who left comments and sent emails that were worried about me. That was very much appreciated you guys are awesome. As soon as I finish this post I am off to get caught up on all your blogs. Everything is fine, I was dealing was some personal issues that had nothing to do with Blog or Bloggers, so I felt like keeping it off blog was best. Couple that with the fact I had a very busy week and you get Phats week from hell. I did find comic relief that some of you thought I had chosen to go on strike again because Purdue lost, believe me I wish that were the reason I wasn't around! If I ever go on a strike for that reason again you all will know it haha. Real quickly here I want to give a shout out to my best friend Jenn. I pretty much sent her a rant email about everything going on, because I had nobody else I could talk too. I emailed because I knew she'd be at work and would get it right away. Anyway not 5 minutes after I hit send, she called and was totally there for me that's what a best friend's for, thanks Jenn you rock man!

With so much going on I didn't get to do my Friday preview :( Sorry about that. Lets catch ya up to speed though. Talk about a must win game for my Boilermakers, we traveled to Evanston, ILL today to take on the Northwestern Wildcats at Ryan Field. Yours truly was in attendance, did anyone see me on tv?? After a sluggish start we totally took control of the game caging the wildcats winning 31-10 running our record to 5-2. Two more wins and we go bowling baby! One of the best hits of the day didn't occur during the game, it happened on the sidelines. Willy the Wildcat tried to steal our flag, and Purdue Pete was having none of that and got a running start and basically pushed the feline into next week, toppling the helpless kitty over. It was hysterical getting a big roar from the Purdue faithful. Was a great game, great weather, Painter throwing for over 400 yards again, and the defense actually played well. The road trip was a success, although getting up at 5am I am exhausted, so my bed is calling me SOON! Next up a tough one vs the Wisky Badgers at Ross Ade, BOILER UP!

Lets take a look at how some of my favorite bloggers teams did.
Oregon State 27 Washington 17- For Egan. Big step backwards today for UW, this was a surprise, UW had been playing really well. Had they learned how to use the clock they might have stunned the college football world last week, and now to get beat to the beavers, still scratching my head?!

Florida State 51 Duke 24- For David. Wow, I betcha Duke fans will take this loss, putting up 24 pts on the noles not bad, not bad at all. Midnight Madness has come and gone I am sure the Crazies are ready to go.

Rice 34 UAB 33- For Kayla. Ouch this one has to hurt a bit Kayla, what happened? I didn't see this game so I have no idea if the Owls punched one in late or not, but this is a tough loss for the Blazers.

Auburn 27 Florida 17- For Lee ann. This one pissed me off, I like the Gators. Any coach that flips off the Irish has me for a fan. Tough loss for the Gators who probably fall out of the national title picture.

Alabama 26 Ole Miss 23 OT- for Cheryl and Gary. Wow a nailbiter! This would have been a bad loss, but good teams find ways to pull out games when playing bad. I didn't see this game but looks like it was exciting!

Texas 63 Baylor 31- For CHERYL and gary- See Cheryl I even put you first! Hook em horns still riding high, and right back into the national title picture. They better root for UM to take out OSU, because if they get the rematch, OSU will manhandle them again.

Colorado 30 Texas Tech 6- For Fuzz, and Jef. Another head scratcher was shocked after reading this score, what the hell happened? The Buffs are REALLY bad, was this just a hangover game or what? TT seems to be like Jekyll and Hyde, never know which personality shows up.

Idaho 24 La Tech 14- For Shife. Don't look now but here come the vandals! Two games away from bowl eligibility, amazing! I hope they keep it rolling shife my friend.

Kent State 40 Toledo 14- For Design Goddess- Holy Toledo the Golden Flashes are rolling. it's weird though I am still not really a FIRM believer yet. Call me skeptical, but a close win over the worst team in the country has me doubting the Flashes. I will reserve judgement til they play someone good in the MAC, until then enjoy the ride DG! :)

Philadelphia Eagles vs New Orleans Saints- For Shannon. This will be played sunday, and Shannon cover your eyes. A big win over the cowgirls last week, but this will end in heartache for the Eagles fans. Why? My boy Drew Brees will slice and dice the Eagles all day and the Saints pull out a close one. Sorry Shannon, Drew's a Boiler!
Saints 35 Eagles 21

PURDUE 31 northwestern 10- Touched on this already but the Boilers rolled today over the Mildcats. Purdue rolled to over 500 yards total offense, while holding NU to 200. Nice days work from the Boilers who get back on the winning track. I have to say I have been to Northwestern a couple times and their campus is beautiful, right on the lake. It's just a shame they can't get more students to come to the games.

Anybody see the Miami/Fla International game? Worst display of sportsmanship I have seen since Clemson/South Carolina. After taunting FIU, a bench clearing brawl broke out. Players were hitting other players with helmets, kicking people who were down, and the real kicker an injured FIU player rushed the field and started to beat on a Miami player with his crutch. A true embarrassment for the game, and they should have called it off then and there.
That's it for another college football Saturday!

It looks like I am back, I am sure you're all happy right? Steph, I came by your place today after the game to challenge you to a DDR dance off!! However, you must have known I was coming because you didn't answer the door, means one thing CHICKEN! haha. Thanks again everyone for all the nice comments and emails it meant a lot.

Phats
PS they played this song ALL day at the stadium today, and it's been in my head ever since, so now it's in yours. Also there is no better place to eat after a game then Arnie's Meet you at Arnies!

BTFU!

43 Comments:

At 12:51 AM , Blogger egan said...

Phats, glad to see you're back. I hope your personal life is going alright and happy to know you have a good friend like Jenn you can confide in.

Now, that Miami/FIU game is awful. I hate seeing crap like that. Did you see the Miami players holding their helmets up like were kings? Oh my, helmets as weapons, crutches, body slams... it's no wonder I have a passive interest in sports these days. Punishment to both better be swift and strong.

 
At 1:33 AM , Blogger Phats said...

hey egan
Thanks, things seem to be back to normal, as normal as can be with me I guess haha. Jenn is awesome.

Yes, I can't believe it either I was flabbergasted watching it, and I still am not sure why they didn't call the game then and there. I hope the punishment is fitting.

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger Cinderella said...

Glad you are well Phats...sorry about your week from hell...but you are a strong guy, you get through everything...which I respect.

As for the Eagles..whaaaaaaaaat??? I must be reading this wrong lol..

Good luck to the Boliermakers...=)

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger LBseahag said...

wow...you have been busy...

now go get bent...

thank you for the RUN DMC...

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Kayla said...

Glad you had a friend to lean on.
And glad you're back!

UAB really blew it in the last mins of the game..Rice recovered our ball and ran it in for a touchdown and for the win.
Bullethole Brown pulled a stupid call.

I can't believe Fla. lost to Auburn!!

 
At 3:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you went to Evanston and didn't call me.

Punk.

:)

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Shannon- I told you to not read the prediction! hahaha.

Seahag- Yes busy, and you seem to be too, you states traveler you. haha YES walk this way

Kayla- thanks it's good to be back. Tough loss for the Blazers, they will rebound next week!

Steph- Umm I don't have your # haha you could have met Kristen

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

Sorry you had a crappy week...

I was wondering where you were, I sent out an APB and put up posters...I even offered a reward...geez, you'd think people would jump at the chance of making a cool $5.00 to look for you..oh well.....Glad you're back and things are ok
:)

 
At 6:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't bet against Kent State the rest of the way out.

This is a team of destiny - albeit on a much smaller scale than the national championship type teams.

Kent State ranks 8th nationally in pass efficiency defense and 8th in sacks.

Kent State's overall pass defense is ranked 15th in the nation.

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Spygal- Do i get a cut of that? 2.50 can buy me an icee

Todd- I was starting to believe til they played temple, they'll struggled against the top mac teams they have really yet to play any of them

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Big Pissy said...

Glad to hear you're ok, Phats. :)

Oh....and

WAR EAGLE!!!!

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you back Phats. I checked a few times but only saw your last post. Hope all goes well with everything, things can get so tough sometimes it's hard. It's very good though when you have friends to talk about it with.

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Glad you aren't on strike! I was worried!!! :)

I think you're a fool though for not believing in the Flashes! I mean, is there anyone "good" in the MAC other than KSU?!??!?!! :D

Hope things are going better for you. You know I'm always here for ya cause I was your first! ;)

Later!

 
At 9:24 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

I wish I hadn't looked!! lol But it came true (your prediction)...man are you food! But it was a good game, I can't complain about their performance at all, I just wish we would have won...I am off to my very own pitty party...=P

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

I meant good* not food* lmfaooooooooooo, that's what I get for typing in the dark LOL!

 
At 9:47 PM , Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

Phats, since no one found you and technically you found YOURSELF..you get to keep the whole $5.00. Now you can get two icee's....or an icee and a hot dog..the possibilities are endless !!!

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

Lmfaoooooo shannon....ummmm....was that a Freudian slip???


:X

 
At 10:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wonderin' too! Hope this week gets better for you :)

My brain is tired to read all those stats, hope your teams won lol

:D

 
At 11:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Phats, glad to have you back, good to know you have a close friend like Jenn in your corner, but you can always bitch to us if you feel like it.
Thanks for the info on the world's largest drum!
Go BM!!! umm... maybe I shouldn't call the boilermakers that... Go Purdue!

 
At 12:47 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Pissy- Thank you thank you, and war eagle oh man!

Carmel- very true! Good friends are the best

DG- first off thanks you were indeed my "first" haha I will wait til the flashes play what I deem a good MAC team and if they win that i will be a believer

Shannon- sorry! I promise I will root for the Eagles from here on out. well unless they play the colts or the saints again. You're gonna eat me now?! WHAT! hahahaha :)

Shannon- I am glad that was a typo I was nervous

spy- Sweet I can get a coke icee and a cherry ice rock on!

Spy- I think it was

Tina- Thanks it already is :) I sent you an email, I am not your bitch bitch! haha

Fearless- Were you impressed with the drum? I didn't really wanna subject you all to my horrors going on in my life. I am adding you as a link hope ya don't mind.

 
At 1:51 AM , Blogger Catch said...

Phats....Im sorry you had such a rough week. Im glad your back with us! I missed your comments! hugs

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Hugs to ya for going thru hell last week. Happy to see ya back, miss ya when you are m.i.a..

I did not get to watch the eagles/saints game but my daughter kept me informed. Shannon is going to get me but I was excited we kicked some eagles ass!! :)
Luv ya Shannon.

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

Welcome back - hate when my real life interferes with my cyberlife :)

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Hey Phats, I disappeared too. Its okay. I went to a hockey game last night. What are your thoughts on that? Do you even like hockey??

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hellooooo, welcome back. I am glad that you managed to get your things sorted out! What will we do without our best friends?? Have a good week and take care!

 
At 4:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I don't mind, link back at ya! And yes, the drum is impressive.

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Glad things are going ok now. I have been in blog blues lately too, due to personal issues. I am trying to get back...to be honest I am not much in the mood, but I don't want to lose touch with all of my friends here.
Seems like a lot of "funk" has been going around lately!
Take care of yourself!
Have a great week!
~xo

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger egan said...

The UW Huskies lost to the OSU Beavers? Dammit. There goes any chance at a bowl unless they can beat California next week. Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen.

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Catch- thank you very much it's appreciated

Beading- I have been trying to not rub it in, but it's hard you know! Congrats on finding out it's a girl

Tammy- AMEN

Burr- Hockey is just ok, The fights are cool though

NMOTB- yes best friends are the best

Fearless- Phew I am glad you don't mind, I thought you might since I am a country music boy

Lee Ann- I hope things start getting better for you!! :)

Egan- I was looking at the UW schedule you're probably going to have to beat a good ASU team to assure a bowl, but even with a loss to them, just beat Stanford and your rival WSU and you'll be 6-6 and headed to a bowl. Bad news about your QB's foot though

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Ben- Sorry my friend but Drew Brees plays for the saints so they are my adopted team

Cookie- I need to explain the game to the others that don't understand it. It is a technical but great game

Mimi- Thanks!! I am back and still alive ha. Yes I heard this song ALL day long at Northwestern

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

Rub it in? Are you kidding me? They won by a field goal at the end of the game! Pleaseeeeee!!! Don't get me started!

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Phats said...

haha!!! :) sorry shannon like I said I am now rooting for the Eagles the rest of the way. I know Drew personally so there is noway I could root against him

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

Ohhh Phats by all means root for your team, I am not trying to say anything about that at all but it's not like the Eagles got their azz whooped, an azz spanking would be 40-0, something along those lines. Not a loss by a field goal..it was a close game is all I am saying...not an azz whooping!

Thank you and have a nice day lol

Gooo Eagles =)

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger Phats said...

OHH!!! you're not talking about my comment then are you I see what you're talking about haha. I know they didn't get their ass kicked, it was a great game ;)

 
At 5:23 PM , Blogger egan said...

My foot hurts too. I must be suffering sympathy pains. 6-6, wow, that would be amazing.

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Thanks for the Vandal love Phats. We are going to need it big time this weekend as we take on bitter and much-hated rivals, Boise State. Good luck to the Boilers. And it is OK if you are a fan of the Bears. They are actually my second favorite team because my Pops is from Peoria, IL and is a huge Bears fan.
Take care of yourself buddy.

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Egan- will be tougher without your starting QB, but not impossible

Shife- Hey I am a vandals fan my friend! I hope ya kill Boise. Orton plays for the Bears, but they are very close to where we live so we get a lot of bears coverage as well. Still though I felt bad for the Cards

Jef- I found on CFN's bowl predictions they had Purdue playing none other then Texas Tech in the Insight bowl haha Interesting if that happens

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am so pleased to see you are back and I hope what ever it was you were dealing with is resolved and that everything is good for you. You know I skim over the sports to make sure I perhaps don't miss anything else before the end of the post ... and I love that you still talk to me in spite of my lack of interest there. Hope all continues to go well.

 
At 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not your bitch, bitch!!!! :P

woooohoooo

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Dawn- haha I will always talk to you even if you don't like sports, but I would love to hear you say BOILER UP!

Tina- OH MY GOD I forgot about it til there was like 30 mins left, luckily bravo likes to replay it 100000 times. I saw who the top 4 were though and who got eliminated. Frog Legs eww! :)

 
At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah oh no! i was hopin u might be online so I could nudge you - ya Bravo is good for repeats, no worries there! I could tell you the words to Project Runway Season 3 lol --shooo I can probably sew now hehhe

Ya frog legs yuckkkky, did u see the frog leg lollipops? omg

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

SO glad you're back! I was really beginning to worry about you, but am glad you had the chance to stay offline and get things straightened out!
Aren't best friends great? Sounds like Jenn really was there for you!!
There were some really good games this past weekend! We made it to DW right on time (like with 5 minutes to spare! LOL) to sit down and watch the Bama-Ole Miss game. That one just about gave me a heart attack!!! I'm really bad about pacing and screaming and hiding my head and walking out of the room when a close game is going on. And this was no exception--I was actually outside our hotel door standing on the balcony when we finally got our touchdown in OT. I couldn't even watch it!! Of course, Gary and the girls thought that was TOO funny (but they know that's how I always am!!)

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

glad you're okay- we're all allowed an "off week"... damien kept asking why you had the same picture on your page everytime i opened your site!

so how many teams are there?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home