Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Is there any show better then the Simpsons, I mean really?

Hello friends,
Not much going on here it's been a constant rain all day long here with some thunder and lightning as well. I got to take this morning off woohoo, to get blood work done d'oh! Yep it was time for my three month, hopefully everything will be fine, keeping fingers crossed. So, the good thing about rain is I get to cancel tennis practice yay! We couldn't practice today regardless because our Varsity is home and when that happens no court time. We played our first match last week, and Junior High is similar to varsity we play 1, 2, 3 singles, and 1 and 2 doubles. They play one set to 8, and then everyone else is considered exhibition playing to 4 no ad scoring. Anyway our girls kicked ass winning 4-1 we only lost at 1 singles, everyone else cruised to wins. Unfortunately our boys struggled but I saw that coming. It's better for me since I coach varsity girls anyway haha! Our next match is tomorrow providing the rain stays away.

Well, the Boilers pulled one out, and the collective phew's you heard about 4:15 Saturday was every Boiler fan in the country. We won 38-31 in OT, and had to sweat out a game winning field goal by Miami with 20 secs to go, luckily Anthony Spencer saved the day by blocking it! This would have been a devasting loss, and ironically it's turning out to be a HUGE win. In the past Purdue teams have had troubles winning close games, so even against a lowly team from the MAC we'll take it. Like my good friend Egan said a win is a win! We have Ball State Saturday, look for the preview again on Friday. BOILER UP!

I have started a new book by James Patterson four blind mice. It's pretty good it's another in his Alex Cross series if any of you are familiar with that. It's what I look for a quick read, and something you have a hard time putting down once you start. I ordered 12 books from my book club and they all got here the other day so that's exciting. I got a new Iris Johansen book, she is probably my new favorite author. My sister turned me onto her, and I can't put her books down. I haven't had as much time to read lately, but I try to set aside at least an hour before bed. I got to read in the waiting room today at the doctor too.

The new season of the Simpsons started yesterday and I just have to say it's the best show ever. It's in the 18th season now, and the creator, Matt Groening, said in an interview the other day that he sees no end insight which made me happy! Did anyone watch it last night? Lisa befriended the son of Mafia man Fat Tony. It was hysterical, featuring guest voices from the sopranos, and Metallica. I thought the ending to it was classic and was laughing hysterically. Staying with the Simpsons I bought the 8th season on DVD the other day, and it is one of my favorites, with tons of my favorite episodes. Most of you know I don't really dig movies, but I will be waiting in line to see the Simpsons movie when it comes out! I'll say it again best show ever!

I was right on with my US Open picks as both Federer and Sharapova won, and I had picked both of them. Going with Federer really wasn't too hard but Sharapova was a little more out on the line, especially with how well Henin-hardenne plays at majors. Of course the storyline was Agassi's farewell, and him in tears in his goodbye speech. Never was a fan, sorry won't really miss ya. Navratilova retired again and went out with a bang winning the mixed doubles title with Bob Bryan, good for her! Everyone wants to proclaim that Andy Roddick is back, but the question I have for those people is who did he beat on his run to the final? Nobody really but Hewitt who lets face it isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. I don't like Roddick he is a whiny bitch, who comes across very arrogant, and seems to always be handed a gift wrapped draw. This year is no exception, just that he took advantage of it, then got waxed in the final. Anyone else think he might be miffed that the greatest golfer of all time from the US was rooting for the swiss guy in the finals? haha :) Long way off til the Aussie Open :(

Well, that's really all I got today not much substance but didn't really have anything to write about. Everyone watch the big brother finale tonight, I predict Boogie wins 6-1. Janelle will win the jury vote as well, and she deserves it. Can't wait!

Enjoy your Tuesday
Phats

BTW gas is 2.29 here how awesome is that!! :)

30 Comments:

At 3:27 PM , Blogger Phats said...

sweet, because if i don't like him you can't like him! I agree he is flamboyant in his etiquette, and just irritates me. His Pong commercial though is pretty great. Sharapova said after the match "I am not a banana!" haha

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Phats said...

her father was using a banana to hide signals he was giving her behind it to coach her. Coaching is illegal, but CBS caught it and she was pissed when asked about it

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger Phats said...

haha coaching is illegal in tennis, and he was clearly doing it from the stands, signaling to her about her backhand and her forehand. it's illegal but 80% do it and don't get caught. The WTA attempted oncourt coaching this year in the US OPEN SERIES tournaments leading up to the open, but it didn't get good feedback

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger Phats said...

I can't really explain it's just a part of the rules. if something isn't going well you're expected to work it out yourself, without help from a coach.

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Catch said...

I loove to read James Paterson.....and I have a couple books by that other writer you mentioned...johannson?,,,I may have to make it a point to read them now. I love a good boook!

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger Big Pissy said...

James Patterson's books are pretty good~ and they actually do a fairly good job making movies out of them too.....which normally doesn't happen.

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Ooh, I'm so jealous of the gas price there. I'm stoked to see $2.79 here. I absolutely love the Simpsons, damn I'm so mad that I missed it. I do have my Simpsons wall calendar and Simpsons page a day calendar to make me feel better though.

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger Phats said...

hey it does! they go before a panel and have to be approved. oh wait you were being sarcastic and knew that!

 
At 11:29 PM , Blogger MzAriez said...

We love the Simpsons in my house. We still play Road Rage with much laughter.

 
At 12:23 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Catch- Those are my favorite books now, the ones by Johansen. She keeps a lot of the same characters around in her books and I like that.

Pissy- I agree totally. there are a couple Stephen King Books that made good movies too. The Shining, Misery, Firestarter, and Desperation(made for tv) Although Dream Catcher was AWFUl

Burr- I think you and I could be lifelong friends!! :) I freakin' love the simpsons.

Egan- Sweet do I win something?

Mzariez- HAHA nice! it's the best show ever I tell ya

 
At 1:13 AM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Absolutely! Should we cut our fingers and become blood brother and sister? Or is that too extreme?

 
At 6:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just luv the Simpsons! It's about the ONLY show I watch on TV.
I believe it is the longest running cartoon in history!
:)

 
At 8:18 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Yep, Simpsons is really good. But my favorite animated show has always been "King of the Hill." As a native Texan, I can tell you that that show NAILS it! Those people are just like they really are! Too funny!
I just got "The Beach House" by JP for my birthday and have never read any of his stuff, so I'm looking forward to it. It's the next one on my bedside table reading pile.
Shew, P really did pull it out in a close one huh? I saw the score on SportsCenter's bottom line, but never saw the highlights. Didn't realize it was so close as that--blocked field goals and all that sort of drama. Those sorts of games kill me!!

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Linda said...

New books for my reading list. :)
My kids love Simpsons!! Ok I am going to show my age now I remember when they first came on tv. I got a t-shirt with Bart on it and wore it to pieces. LOL

 
At 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Simpsons. Also, how depressing is this rain?? I haven't seen sunshine since...LAST WEEK!! Haha, it's not that bad, at least it's green right?

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

i'm looking forward to friday's preview!
um...
would you think less of me if i tell you i don't particularly enjoy tennis?

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

the simpsons are a wicked cool tv programme!
from damien

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Burr- I say lets go for it!

Star- It's definitely the longest running prime time cartoon surpassing the simpsons

Cheryl- That is a GREAT book one of my favorites of his, you'll have to tell me how you like it.

Steph- are you watching dancing with stars? I watched but it made me miss SYTYCD!

Angel- I would not think less of you haha :)

Damien- Yes, yes they are!

 
At 3:28 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!!!!

(Was that stern/scary enough?)

Nahhhh the Simpson's are great but so is Family Guy hahahaa that show cracks me up!!

 
At 3:33 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Phats - I just heard this Josh Turner song in the car, right before coming here to check out your blog. I've got to figure out how to do something like this on my blog.

Here's sending up great thoughts on your blood test results.

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Woo hoo! Best friends forever!

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Egan- OH MY GOSH! How could I forget egan!! My favorite blogger ever, just don't tell any of these other bloggers ok?
send the shirt and the shoes I will totally take them, love free stuff!

Shannon- I am not bias i like family guy too! just isn't the simpsons :)

Michelle- thanks! just go to www.videocure.com and search for the artist or song then just copy and paste the URL into your template. :)

Burr- Not only are we now BFF's but I love burr-ee-toes! :)

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Ben- I won't hold it against you as long as you don't hold the fact that I don't like golf against me :)

Egan- WOW! haha nice comment, btw who doesn't love me?

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Kinda sick of the rain here myself. Seems like it's been raining/gloomy FOREVER! And now that we're spiraling into fall/winter, there are going to be plenty of those weeks/months coming. :(

BTW, I don't follow KSU, I just thought you might like me enough to do a pick for them. Guess I was wrong. :( (speaking of people not liking me, haven't heard from my friend since he went back to LA. He must not like me anymore. :( )

Gas here is $2.10!!!!

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Egan- I am hoping that's not sarcasm? wait is it? haha :)

DG- Oh brother! I know you hate sports so I didn't include you but I so will tomorrow so you better read and comment
I am sorry about mister LA, I bet he comes around he might just need time to digest it

Egan- YES!! Josh Turner, I love this song.

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Egan- will you and your wife adopt me? Gas that cheap I am moving in tomorrow

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

I never said I hate sports, just that I don't really follow them! I'm in the fantasy football again this year and Skii's my assistant coach! Should be interesting.

 
At 10:37 PM , Blogger Phats said...

haha again I am going to be posting a special prediction just for you!

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger starbender said...

Gas at one station here was $1.99 with a car wash! Funny how we are happy 2 pay 2-something a gal. after recovering from 3. It should still only be 99cents a gal.
:)

 
At 11:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simpsons was good at its prime .. now it's just okk .. however new shoes have taken its place i.e. Family Guy and American Dad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home