WE ARE......... PURDUE!!!
Well kids it's that time again for Purdue Friday Preview here on the good ole blog, sorry spy! I will try to keep it as painless as possible for you though. For those of you who don't know I love college football, obviously love my Purdue Boilermakers, BOILER UP! On Fridays I will be previewing the upcoming Saturday game, and making predictions, feel free to submit your predictions as well. So here goes! Oh yeah it's PURDUE not perdue SHANNON!!!
Purdue is coming off a 60-35 win over Indiana State, and this was very disappointing. I agree with Egan in that a win is a win, but this was a very disappointing win. It never should have been that close. We made a ton of first game mistakes that MUST be fixed before tomorrow. Mostly in the kicking game, having 2 punts blocked is never good. It's pretty much imperative that we win our first 4 games if we want any chance of going bowling. Mostly because after our 4th game the schedule gets incredibly difficult. Our opponent tomorrow is Miami (OH) the Redhawks out of the MAC. For those of you in the know, Big Ben of the Steelers played there. This is a very inexperienced team coming into Ross Ade, and they lost their first game like 28-3 to Northwestern, and NW was suppose to be down this year. So that bodes well for the Boilers. MAC teams are always dangerous though regardless of how good they are, they always want to go into the big stadiums and pull the stunner and are very capable of doing so. They pretty much have nothing to lose so you got to be on top of your game to win. This will be my first game of the season in attendance WOOHOO! I had to miss the ISU game because I was on vacaton. I can't wait, there is nothing better then gameday in college football. Breakfast Club, Tailgating, The All American Marching Band, Cheerleaders, and of course the awesome student section. This game isn't televised, but is on ESPN 360 and the kickoff is 1:00. I can't wait! :) I am so excited, I still get goosebumps when the AAMB runs in playing Hail Purdue! BTFU!
We got some good news/bad news this week as well. One of our Wide Receivers has been ruled academically ineligible for the season. This wasn't that big of a loss because we have alot of options at wide receiver, however the good news was big. One of our Safety's was FINALLY cleared to play by the NCAA clearinghouse! This was big because that is one position where we have struggled mightily. This is a big boost to the defense, moreso because we lost Safety Torri Williams last week to injury. I think the game might stay close for 1.5 quarters but won't be at the end, and hopefully see a totally different Purdue team. I think Purdue will really open it up this week and throw all over the field like in the Drew Brees days, and I don't see Miami being able to defend that. I hope that the defense we see tomorrow will be improved enough to stop Miami to get the ball back to our potent offense. If this happens the Boilers will roll. Alright on to some predictions.
Pillow fight of the week
Ball State 21 iu 28 (BOO!!)
Teams blogger friends back
Texas Tech 35 UTEP 28 (tough game fuzz, especially at UTEP!)
UAB 42 East Carolina 7 (Looking good in week 2 Kayla)
Washington State 35 Idaho 14 (Sorry Shife!)
Oklahoma 35 Washington 14 (Sorry egan, but too close for comfort vs SJSU to pick UW)
Bama 21 Vandy 7 (Already playing a SEC game?! ROLL TIDE ROLL!)
Finally
Purdue 52 Miami 17
Boilers roll to 2-0! BOILER UP BABY BOILER UP!
"HAIL HAIL to old Purdue all HAIL to our old gold and black
HAIL HAIL to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever grateful, ever true thus we raise our song anew FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you all HAIL our old PURDUE
GO BOILERS"
HAIL HAIL to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever grateful, ever true thus we raise our song anew FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you all HAIL our old PURDUE
GO BOILERS"
BTFU!


25 Comments:
it is so cool to read your reviews and predictions, phats!
its very entertaining even though i don't fully understand the game... i'm doing some reading to try and grasp the rules and concepts so i can enjoy it even more...
Egan- I must know now what college you went too!!
Angel- I should do a post on that for you.
It is nice to see how much passion you have for the game in all the posts you do! Im with Angel on this one, I can like not to understand da game! Hope you have a great weekend and that all is well with your Granny! Take Care!
GO BOILERS!!! :)
egan- haha funny! I am a big sports fan if you can't tell, sorry I will spell it right HUSKY!
NMOTB- thanks my grandma continues to do well, still in therapy
Beading- HELL YA!!! BOILER UP!
*Bows down* ohhh praise to you ole' boilermakers!!...Hope they have a kick azz season...
Take the good with the bad this season (This is coming from an Eagles fan, trust me, I KNOW!!)
HEHE
Have a great weekend!
not into sports so Ill just wish you a super weekend Phats! Good luck on your ballgames!
Phats!
I cannot believe you said
"ROLL TIDE ROLL!"
What is WRONG with you?!?!?
WAR EAGLE!!!!
Your obsession is actually very funny.
Your tennis picks are looking good. Go Federer! Cant wait! Have good weekend ;)
Shannon- there better not be ANY bad haha :)
Egan- thanks I am glad I got your seal of approval, I can go to bed peacefully now
Catch- thanks, and BOILER UP! :)
Pissy- OUGHT OH! I have an Auburn fan among ranks, with 2 Bama fans as well. Could get interesting when I predict the Iron bowl
Phoenix- Most people believe it's beyond obsession haha. Why is it funny?
Tina- better weekend if Roddick loses and Purdue wins!
I am SO lovin football finally being here! I thought about posting all of of my weekend football predictions too, but I may lose some of my female readership if I go on and on about sports. LOL! I listen to all of the sports radio shows, and usually go to bed with "Sportscenter" still playing in the background.
I'm with you on all of your predictions--good picks!
Purdue will win. Alabama will win, but it will probably be a close one; don't want it to be, but it's just second week and Vandy always plays us hard. So, think about me at around 4:00, as I'm probably having a heart attack at the stadium from a nailbiter at the end.
Texas is my other team and, of course, they're in the BIG game this weekend. I actually think they'll pull it out and surprise Ohio State!
I can't believe you're being badgered by an Auburn fan. We'll defend you! (I actually have a few very good Auburn fans, so I know how to handle them. Ha!) Actually worse--believe it or not--are Tennessee and LSU fans.
Have a great Football Saturday!!!! (sorry for such a long comment!!)
Big Pissy??? Sounds like an Auburn Fan... I thought I smelled one around here!!
Hey Tigers! Hey Tigers!
We're gonna beat the Hell out of you!
Rammer Jammer,
Yellow Hammer,
Give 'em HELL Alabama!!!
OK, I'm asking for trouble!
I have Sharapova and I hate Henin. needless to say I am rooting hoping it rains.
jay
p.s. GO ANDY!!!!!!!!!!
What about KSU????
*sigh*...I tried, I honestly tried to read this all the way through, but you lost me right after you said my name and i realized there was nothing more about ME..
BTFU !!
Cheryl- I say it's your blog you should be able to write whatever you want! and ROLL TIDE! good win today!
Gary- I have never liked Auburn, I don't know why though hmm interesting. Hope the softball went well today
jay- I have the hots for Maria so I am glad she won! Can't stand Roddick I think he is a major prick, so I hope Federer kills him
DG- OOPS! :) didn't think you followed??
Spy- Haha At least you said BTFU! One of these days I Will have a post dedicated to just you.
PURDUE WINS EVERYONE! Close, and not pretty but we won woohoo! :)
Well, your Boilermakers pulled it out in a CLOSE one. Overtime!! I bet you were having a nervous breakdown! (My Crimson Tide seems to do that do me pretty regularly and it is awful on my stomach and my poor fingernails--I'll sit there and chew them all off!!)
Bama won, but barely!! Only 13-10. So it was a nail-biter too! What's bad is that we should have won by 3 touchdowns. Can't score in the Red Zone! Very frustrating!
My Horns lost (actually, were quite humiliated by OSU). Didn't see that one coming!
Anyway . . congrats on the win this weekend!!
And, oh, I love tennis too! But I think the best thing from the US Open this year was Agassi's farwell speech. Just amazing and humble! I remember him when we has a young rebel--back in the mid-late 80s. He became such a great player! And I thought he was very inspiring at the Open this past week!
I really wish that I could contribute something here, but I know nothing about football. I'm at a loss. :( How about this... I love balls.
Howdy Phats, Just passing by and thought I would pop in and say hi - HI (this song you have playing is actually growing on me, I am even starting to tap me toes when it starts - Cool).
Your boys had better continue to sharpen their game! It's a tough Big Ten this year, and they'll get chopped up if they play liek that in their upcoming games. Let's hope they've got it out of their system!
-- david
yo dude!
CONGRATULATIONS!
you've on the cartoon caption competition!
Ice Cold- He is on the right track hiring brad gilbert
Cheryl- As egan told me last week, a win is a win! we'll take it but not be happy about it. who do you have sat? I am not an agassi fan and that touched me.
Burr- May I call you Burr? You crack me up I am totally going to keep visiting your blog.
NMOTB- that's the goal! I am getting ready to take it off but put it back up for Friday Fire ups!
David- The big ten is down, but we do need to sharpen our game that is for sure. We finish this homestand 4-0 we'll go bowling because we'll beat IU, ILL, and NW there is our 7 wins(we play 13) We are hoping out of the system though
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home