Thursday, November 30, 2006

YUCK!

Well, everyone here in Indiana knew this wouldn't last, and it's coming to an end soon. For the past few days it has been absolutely awesome here weather wise, in the upper 60's to 70's and for Nov that is great. However, a winter storm is slowly and surely heading our way as I type this we are under a winter storm watch. At first the local weather guy said 1-3 inches heavy stuff going south. I thought okeh I can deal with that right? Tonight at 5:00 the same weather guy says pattern has changed 4-6 inches now I am starting to think oh shit! Then at 11 they are saying anywhere from 1-4 inches. I really wish they'd make up their mind and I am hoping it's more of the 1 inch variety. They are calling for it to come in sometime Friday with a band of ice leading the way oh joy. For those of you who want a white christmas, or just some snow I say get real! You don't know how great you have it not getting snow. I have to get up earlier then normal to clean off my car and start it, shovel the walk way, put down salt if it's slippery, and of course leave earlier because too many people have no clue how to drive on the stuff. It's a pain in the ass. The funny thing is it lasts forever too! It doesn't just appear at Christmas and then magically melt. The months of January and Feb. are long but become longer if we get significant snow. The dreary weather makes the day longer trust me and those months just lag on. So, think of me this week as the white crap hits us :( I HATE SNOW!!!

Does anyone watch One Tree Hill? Man was it ever good tonight, I was on the edge of my seat! They have been really hard on poor Hailey this season, I hope she and the baby live, and Lucas didn't see that coming. I should have since they finally got him and Peyton together D'oh! I can't believe this season of the Amazing Race is almost over, that's so depressing. It's been really good this season and my favorite team is still alive. I like James and Tyler the model/recovering addict guys, but I wouldn't be disappointed if the Beauty Queens won either I like how they run the race. They are hardcore, do well at challenges, and ruthless. The only team I don't like that is remaining is the Moms from Alabama, I hope they get eliminated next. They are annoying, just like those hicks from Kentucky. The Cho(Sp?) brothers were cool, but they were wayyyyy too nice to win a show like this, but I liked them. Grey's was good this past Thurs, I can't believe he shut the door in Christina's face, wow!

I tried to wait til the last part of this post to talk sports, so those of you who don't like sports can stop reading now. What a game tonight by my Boilermakers, I am pissed I didn't go! We were playing #25 Virginia in the Big Ten/ACC challenge, and it was tied at 59 with 20 secs to go and we had the ball. Our Point Guard takes it with 7 secs and drives throws up a tear dropper, and swish. I went NUTS!! This is a huge win for us, especially considering we went 9-19 last year, and we are now 5-1 with wins over teams from the Big 12, Big East, and now ACC. Still tons of areas to improve, especially Free Throws, but I like how this team is playing. GO BOILERS! As for football who do you all think should be in the title game?? We know Ohio State is going, but who should their opponent be? It looks like Southern Cal, although it should be Michigan. I know what Cheryl said in that she saw that already and wanted to see what a SEC school would do, and I will tell you they would get KILLED. No disrespect but the Florida and Arkansas teams I have seen don't stack up with UM, OSU, or USC. We already saw the title game, and what a game it was. I firmly believe UM deserves the rematch it's too bad they won't get it. I certainly hope the Rose Bowl doesn't bite and take Notre Dame, man a rematch of ND/UM that will be UGLY Part 2! I am highly opposed to a playoff system, I love the bowls :) I have a special preview coming up for the bowl games, and all you people who were guest pickers will be apart of it. I will be emailing you as soon as all the match ups are set, so be ready!

Alright well everyone have a great rest of the week, and it's almost the weekend WOOHOO!
Think of me buried in snow, and I will be putting a curse on TGP and Hokey Pokey!!!

Phats

19 Comments:

At 7:42 AM , Blogger Linda said...

I submitted my deal to Mother Nature now if she takes my offer or not. LOL

I keep forgeting Amazing Race is on and I miss it. Thanks for the update I was wondering who was left after I scene preview for the show the other day.

 
At 8:21 AM , Blogger starbender said...

Oh-I just luv our new weather! Yeeeehaw-70 degrees in very late Nov. Hoooray 4 Global Warming! (Even though I know it is NOT a good thing!) ...ya just can't help but luv it. I'm with you, only I don't hate the snow as much as I HATE the cold. brrrrrrrrr!

Have a great week-end!!!
' ]

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Will said...

hey my Rascal Flatts package came this morning. I'm playing it right now.

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

It's getting up to 74 today--but is supposed to drop like 30 degrees or more overnight!
I LOVE snow, but would be happy with about two good snowfalls a year. I don't want to live in it all winter long, like you guys too.
(I take it you dont' like snow--would you rather be down here with me wearing shorts?)
After watching USC beat ND so decidedly (yay!! although I don't like USC either), I do think that an Ohio State-USC game would be good! I do think that either teamwould beat Arkansas pretty well, but I think Florida might put up a good performance (if the right team showed up--you never know!)
For now, I'm HAPPY with basketball! Great Purdue game! And did you catch the Florida--Kansas game the other night? GREAT game!!
And Bama's approaching the top five. Wow!

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Really? I'm always so jealous of snow. So you're saying I shouldn't be jealous at all? That's so hard for me to believe. Without snow, I couldn't go boarding. I still love the stuff.

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger ICECOLDCOKE said...

phats-hi bud,wow the weather your gettin over there is astonishing,in scotland we hace high winds,sideways rain,hial snow at the moment,global warming is indeed kicking in,im expecting it to rain cod any minute,,take care and keep up the great work

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger that girl possessed said...

woah woah woah... i just got another 6" last night/this morning i didn't send any of my snow to you! you sir can think of me completely snowed in rocking some bad cabin fever. I NEED TO GET OUT!

 
At 3:05 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

That storm is hitting St. Louis right now...we're getting tons and tons of sleet. It's a mess.

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Beading- It's been good this season, so much better then that dumb family edition they did. Rob and Kim are also left in the final 4. I hope mother nature takes your deal

Star- I hate the cold and the snow, so I am right there with you!

Ben- AWESOME do you like it? it will only mildly hurt my feelings if you don't haha

Cheryl- YES i would rather be with you all wearing shorts!! :) I think OSU/USC will be a good game, I am not sold on Florida being in the same league as those two or UM. ND going to be a BCS bowl because they sell tickets it BUNK! Yes I saw Kansas/Florida wow what a game! That felt more like March Madness!

Burr- You can have ALL OUR SNOW! I hate it.

Icecold- If it ever started raining cod I would never leave my house hahaha

TGP- I CURSE YOU!

Phoenix- Tell it stay where you are and not move on to us ahha. It's raining here now all damn day

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I sorry, but I think they should have some type of playoff... they could use the bowl games as part of it....

I'm not sure that Alabama will even get a bowl... I'm thinking they don't deserve one... BUT,we really need a coach right now!

GO COWBOYS! The Giants get to fall this weekend! Poor Shannon isn't going to have a good Christmas day :(

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

THANKS for the pre-sport blurb - loved it. I am so with you on the snow issue. I wanna be where there is no snow and where it's always warm. Be safe in the storm and might as well try make it happy shoveling, right. Have a good weekend. xox

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Gary- No Playoff that wouldn't be fun. Did the SEC fill their tie ins?

Dawn- We got lucky no snow yet, and only calling for an inch now woohoo!

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

I'll take it!

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Cara Bara said...

woohoo SNOW!! It is pretty to look at, but I hate driving in it. My mom called me yesterday to make sure I have a full tank of gas. She is nutz. Roxie weighs 64 lbs now!! Too cute!

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Burr you can have it!

Nutz- our moms are so alike. You need to post pictures of roxie on here sometime! Or on your myspace

 
At 2:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah man, dont like snow either...hmmm we dont have a lot in common I'm seeing...but I still dig ya ;)

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger Phats said...

haha thanks tina :)

 
At 7:43 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Um...hello??? Remember me in NE Ohio?!?! We have winter usually from October to May, but like you it's been pretty nice here until today. I really need to seriously consider moving to warmer climates!

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

oh my word- i am SO rude! i can't believe i haven't been here in so long! i have grounded myself as punishment, ok?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home