Monday, November 27, 2006

Did you know Fearless and Steph are members of the Rascal Flatts Fan Club?

Ugh! Why is going back to work the Monday after a holiday so hard? The only good news is Christmas break will be coming soon woohoo!! Did everyone have a nice turkey day? I have repeated over and over that I don't like Thanksgiving, and I still don't. We had thanksgiving at my parents house, and a ton of people came over. The only good thing was it was super nice outside in the 60's, so my sister, brother in law, the twins, and I walked to the elementary school. There we played on the playground it was fun. Unlike Thanksgiving I LOVE christmas I can't wait for it to get here, it's the only time I am okeh with having snow too. Although I haven't started my shopping yet!!

I have been really tired lately, I am definitely not getting enough sleep. I find myself wearing down during the day about 1:30 UGH! I think that will be one of my new year's resolutions this year, to get more sleep. That and to swear less, but I do that one every year, and it never seems to happen. Last year I made the resolution to get back to working out full steam, and I think I got to 50% so maybe this year I will get to 100 haha. Do any of you make resolutions?

I booked my trip to Florida for the Purdue bowl game HELL YA! I will be gone the 26th -- 31st so don't expect to hear from me during that period. We booked a flight coming home at 5am! I was like WHAT?! I am not sure I will even go to bed the night before. It will be nice to get home at a decent time though. We still don't know who we'll be playing, have to wait for the ACC title game to play out. Could be any of these teams, Maryland, Boston College, Clemson or Virgina Tech. For those of you who don't know we lost to Hawaii Saturday, but in a thrilling game 42-35. What an offensive showing by both teams. The no call on the motion penalty killed us when they went for 2. I truly don't believe the best team won, had we not been sleep walking thru the first half we win. It was a good game and all, but I side with Tiller we shouldn't have played that game. I am excited about going to Florida though! I hope it's snowing and miserably cold here when we leave, and beautiful and warm in Florida. We will be hitting Disney World again to make it my 17 th trip there, and Universal Studios. There is so much more to do in Florida then in San Antonio. Speaking of football, Gary and Cheryl did I see Bama fired their coach?!?! CRAZY! You guys happy or sad??

Well, hope everyone had a good and safe holiday. Big week here for Purdue, hosting Virginia in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, and the women travel to UCONN for a nationally televised game. GO BOILERS! By the way really quickly here, sorry Wendy! I got tooo busy over the holiday, are you going to be in town for Christmas??

Phats

38 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Yeah you got your trip booked!!

I had one resolution this year and it was to quit smoking and I did that! :)
I usually don't make them but I was determined to do it this year.

 
At 4:34 PM , Blogger Kayla said...

Yay! Glad you get to go to the bowl game, and in Florida, no less!

Guess you heard Alabama fired Shula. I'm not sure that was a good move.
They can have Watson Brown!!

I usually don't make resolutions.
I have things I want to improve, but I always feel I'm setting myself up for failure if I call it a "new year's resolution"

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Sounds like you've got lots of fun stuff planned. Woo hoo! One of my friends invited me up to Lake Tahoe for some new year's snowboarding and I'm trying to figure out a way to get there since apparently there are no flights directly there from the OC. Argh! I'll figure something out though. :)

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Beading- That's a good one!

kayla- I was surprised by Bama firing their coach.

Burr- You live in the OC?! Do you hang out with Coop, Summer, Seth, and Ryan? HAHA or Kristen!!!

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Hey Phats!! Good to see you back!! Now that Thanksgiving is over with you, you can look forward to Christmas--and your bowl trip! I know you're excited!
I also love Rascal Flatts! Definitely my favorite country group right now!
Okay, the Shula firing is ALL that has been talked about today at Bama! I'm a huge sports radio nut and this morning it had be thinking we actually had Steve Spurrier as our new coach. Who knows now?
All I know is that our Athletic Director is a nimrod--he did this totally WRONG (even though I did not think Shula had the Bama program on the right track--after all, we lost to Mississippi State this year!! ugh!--our AD screwed it up. He let Shula go to a team meeting last night thinking he was safe, then told him like at 10:30 pm that he was fired so the players heard it on tv like everyone else. Bad!)
But now all I want is a really GOOD coach--someone who can get us back to the top! But I don't know if anyone's stupid enough to come into the siutation--so much pressure, you just wouldn't believe how crazy it is! But ROLL TIDE despite anything!!
I usually don't make many resolutions. I ALWAYS need to start exercising, but I never quite get that one going!!

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Sorry, for that long comment yet again!!!! I always tend to get long-winded (I guess it's the writer in me!)

 
At 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how did you find our dirty little secret???

 
At 9:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i use to make resolutions.....then i realized i was never going to actually keep them all so kinda gave up on that one

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

I'm sure by Dec 26th, I'll be wishing I was in FL. Gonna be cold and snowy by then I'm sure. :(

I've made my resolution now to get back into shape. Can't stand all my clothes shrinking!!! :D

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

I'll be e-mailing you my Christmas list in a few days. Please wait until you receive the list and then commence shopping for me !
Thank you in advance !...

unless you don't get me anything...then, thanks for nothing !!

:-P

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Temps in the 70's here. Somehow it just doesn't feel like November but they are calling for a cold front to hit later this week. Maybe even some snow.

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

I agree! It was terribly hard getting back to work today. I love my job, but it was really hard to go back.
Have a great week!
~xo

 
At 1:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah i dont do new years resolutions - jus another day ;) and I hope to be in another city that day as well, perhaps Montreal - we'll see

hope tomorrow is better for ya ;) yup im up late again as well

 
At 2:33 AM , Blogger Catch said...

I dont make any resolutions because I doubt I would keep them. I just do things when I want to...lol. I hope we get snow for Christmas!! I love this time of the year...

 
At 3:23 AM , Blogger starbender said...

phats-I'm sorry hun, seems like I haven't been here in awhile. I left for 4 days for turkey day, yummm.
Sounds like everything is okeydoekey here... hahahahaaa. Have a blast in Florida for the Purdue bowl-I'm jealous
--it's soooo warm down there. ...and the beaches, :"( wahhhh. Please don't send me one of those 'Someone went 2 Florida, and all I got was this stupid t-shirt' shirts, it will only make me feel worse!

' ]

 
At 3:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck you, you fuckin fuck... and ooh yeah Phats is the #1 Shins fan in da world!!! Okay so maybe he is not #1, he is definitely #2...hahaha ... drunk Fearless was here....

Go Blue! Or as they say in Red Dawn... Wolverines!!!!

 
At 3:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck you, you fuckin fuck... and ooh yeah Phats is the #1 Shins fan in da world!!! Okay so maybe he is not #1, he is definitely #2...hahaha ... drunk Fearless was here....

Go Blue! Or as they say in Red Dawn... Wolverines!!!!

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Will said...

O.K phats. I have a confession to make. You've been banging on about Rascal Flatts for light years now, so on Sunday I went on to ebay and ordered and album of theirs.

It's self titled, don't know what to expect but i should get it in a day or so.

 
At 10:20 AM , Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hiya Phats, enjoy your trip to Florida and have fun! Take Care

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Hahaha... yes, I live in the OC, but I don't watch any of the shows about it. I feel like its too embarassing and probably not a true representation.

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

I love Rascal Flatts but you are aware of this already =)

I usually never make resolutions, I do things on my own time and not when some ball tells me to! =P

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Cheryl- I love rascal flatts too!! I am very excited about the bowl game they are tons of fun. You going to go to Bama's bowl?

Steph- I got Fearless Drunk(not hard to do) and he talked boy did he talk!

Pokey- haha I hear you there

DG- Calling for a snow/ice mix here on thurs night :(

Spy- I am waiting on your list, but if you don't get anything it's probably because you have been naughty

Fuzz- It snows in texas?

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Lee Ann- I am back into the swing of things, you?

Tina- Montreal, what for?

Catch- I love this time a year too!

Star- I won't get you that shirt I promise :)

Drunk Fearless- the shins Fucking ROCK!! HELL YA! So does Wilco!

Ben- OOO!! I hope you like, please let me know if you do. That was their first album, first big song is Prayin' For daylight, but my favorite is I'm moving on

Edge- I need a longer break haha

NMOTB- Thanks I will!!

Burr-I was going to have you introduce me to Kristen from Laguna Beach! Damn you

Shannon- rascal flatts is awesome.

 
At 2:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, the only good part about this last week is DALLAS won!!! We are in 1st!!! Hmmm, where are the EAGLES??

Well, My Tide is without a coach and the Longhorns lost to the Aggies.... I'm glad Bama Basketball is looking good!!!

Hey Phats... find Alabama a good coach!!

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

I wonder what coach will want to take the Bama spot! Good season, but if you don't beat Auburn....you're gone!!!! WOW

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

~gkw...The ONLY reason your Cowgirls are in first is because we lost our quarterback...and ALOT of other key players this year...did we not spank them? Uhhhh, why YES we did!! The cowgirls need to grab some pom-pom's and join the cheerleaders on the sidelines, they aren't going anywhere this year, but I am sure you know this already.

Cheers =)

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger Big Pissy said...

Have fun in Florida, Phats!

and there is tons to do in San Antonio....that's where I'm from~so I'd know! ;-)

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Hiya Phats!

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

I'm sorry Phats. I'm just so worthless. :( I don't know anyone cool or famous that I could introduce you to. Ooh, you know who I saw the other week? Ever watch flavor of love season 1? Remember Pumkin? Yeah, I saw her at Nordstrom Rack and she's so ugly. Yikers.

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

OK..Shannerella - you got to play us before Romo... The Eagles almost got spanked even without the "Boys" having Romo, there's no telling how bad they would have been plucked if we had him back then... You can officially stop whining now. we can't help it your quarterback isn't tough enough to play in this league!!!

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Gary- I was surprised they fired him honestly, What bowl will you all go to?

Lee Ann- they will probably hire another loser haha

Shannon- you tell him! No matter what he says all you have to do is say SCOREBOARD

Pissy- Thanks! I know there is a lot to do in San Antonio, I have been there twice. I just prefer Florida. We have been there so much I almost know my way around

Beading- Hi!

Burr- I watched most of season 2 don't remember her on Season 1 haha that's hilarious though.

Gary again- Do I have to separate you two? Or should I just turn Shannon loose on him?

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

LOL Phats you crack me up!! Sorry I have to beat Gary up on your blog, I promise to clean up the mess when I am done =)

Mooooooo The Cowgirls suck! ;)

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

17th trip to Disney and Universal Studios??? Geez...I'm so jealous

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger cher said...

oh ya, i forgot you were a country fan. good choice on the song phats.

just stopping by to say hi!

 
At 12:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea, Montreal...we always get our vacation during winter break between semesters. We are thinking of NYC, to Vermont, to Montreal :)

 
At 12:48 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Shannon- Keep going I think it's funny.

Phoenix- 17th trip to Disney. only like the 6th trip to Universal.

Cher- HI!!!! Thanks, it is a good song

Tina- Fun, have a good time. I would choose somewhere warm

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Turn Shannon loose one me!!!!

 
At 2:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

we love snow!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home