Saturday, November 25, 2006

Last regular season preview


Hi everyone
Hope you are all recovering from your turkey hangovers. I am thankful this stupid holiday is over for another year. I first off want to apologize I have been super busy and won't have time to get around to any of your blogs until Sunday evening, or Monday, but I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Well, we have come to the last regular season game of the year and Purdue is in beautiful Hawaii to take on the Rainbow Warriors(do they still have the Rainbow?). This is not going to be an easy game, as Hawaii has one of the, if not the best, offense in the country. It will be another tough test for our young improving defense. Last time out we defeated our arch rival Indiana 28-19. It was awesome because we played absolutely horrible, IU played absolutely amazing and we still won HAHA in your face you dumbass Hoosiers. Not only did we retain the bucket, but we kept them out of a bowl. How sweet it is! Unfortunately we still have one more game to play in Hawaii. Since defeating the lowly Hoosiers we have also been invited to the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando Florida, and I have already booked my trip YAY!! So, not much on the line for this game, but a chance to beat a top 25 team I guess.

It's funny Joe Tiller has publicly stated numerous times now he has never wanted to play this game. He said he wanted this game cancelled, and talked about how we lose money playing this game. He went on to say other big ten coaches who have played there warned him about bad officiating, and how the big ten should stop going over there. Will that happen who knows. I only hope this negative attitude doesn't rub off on the Boilers. I don't see us winning this game for many reasons, however we do play better away from Ross Ade. This is just a chance to get to 9 wins, and beat a team who has yet to play anyone, no offense gary and cheryl. Alright onto the prediction.

I am only doing the Purdue game this week as I said before busy week and tons of teams have already played. That being said, if you were a guest picker expect an email from me in the coming days.

Purdue vs Hawaii- This is not a fun game, and could get ugly either way. They are a high octane offense, but don't seem to have much defense. If our offense which has played better away from Ross Ade can click we have a shot. We have way too many hurdles to overcome in this one, a long flight, tons of distractions, already have the bowl bid. That being said somehow, someway Tiller fires them up enough to get victory #9.

PURDUE 63 hawaii 62
EDIT FINAL SCORE HAWAII 42 purdue 35*WHAT A GAME!! Even in a loss this game was amazing to watch.

Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack Ever grateful ever true, thus we raise our song anew FIRE UP Of the days we've spent with you all Hail our old Purdue GO BOILERS! BTFU

16 Comments:

At 5:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Phats,
Tiller has already lost this game by crying in front of his players.
Hawaii 45 Pooryou 17

 
At 6:18 AM , Blogger Will said...

Whoa, High scoring game Phats. Have defensive lines been banned for thanksgiving ?

Hope you enjoyed the Turkey Phats.

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Go Boilers!
Boiler Up!
Have a great weekend Phats.

 
At 12:26 PM , Blogger Melanie Miday-Stern said...

Good luck and enjoy Hawaii!!!

Lucky you!

Anyway, may the best team win!

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Boiler Up!
We played Hawaii for our first game of the season and was one of the few we won!! LOL (Do I sound jaded at all??)
Just read your previous post about you guys playing in Orlando. San Antonio is actually one of my fave cities in the country (if not my very favorite--but that's because I'm a native Texan and I get all goose-pimply just thinking about the Alama!), but I know how much you LOVE Orlando. That will be the perfect bowl game for you and your Boilermakers. You will have a blast!!!
Hope you had a good Thanksgiving--even though you don't like it. Ha!! I ate enough to gain 10 pounds!!! (let's just hope I didn't).
Sorry for the novella I just wrote . . .

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Oops, yes I really am a native Texan and I know how to spell Alamo!!!

 
At 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phats, I only commented once as anonymous... I was the axl rose comment... :P

 
At 3:37 AM , Blogger LBseahag said...

you scared the crap out of my cats with the boiler up music...

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Hope you had a great Turkey day! And happy birthday to your kidney!!! :D

 
At 12:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiggy said you are goin to hawaii?? Dont think she read it right, right? lol

Anywho..have a great week and sorry about the pic in my header - i just realized this moment that it may bother you :-o (fish!) rut roh They dont bite. I promise!

 
At 3:39 AM , Blogger Catch said...

hope you had a great Thanksgiving and your team won! lol

 
At 4:03 AM , Blogger David Amulet said...

A good offensive show, that's for sure. A fine season, even if not up to your expectations.

And I still have faith in the basketball season for you. Wisconsin last week sure didn't look like the powerhouse we expected!

-- david

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Hi Phats! How was your Turkey Day? Lots of food? I ate lots for sure. Moooooo!

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger egan said...

Hawaii does still have the rainbows silly. You're funny man. I hear the game was pretty good, but you just barely lost to Hawaii. Their football program is on the up and ups. Have a good week.

 
At 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!I make a snowman for you

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Thanks for all the comments guys! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home