Monday, October 18, 2010

Need 2

Hey Kids!
First off, lets address the Robbie Hummel situation. I have been saying for a long time Purdue is cursed, and I think Saturday confirmed it. Another ACL tear, this time to our star forward on the basketball team. Lets remind you last year as the Boilers were clearly headed for NCAA tournament greatness, Hummel went down at Minnesota in the first half(we only had 3 regular season games remaining) and tore his ACL, and our season according to all the experts was over. We had some ups winning the Big Ten still, and downs failing to reach double digits in the Big Ten Tournament semis, but we still found a way to make the Sweet 16, and that was with very little time to prepare to life without Robbie. So, Saturday at Ross Ade stadium as the first quarter was winding down a hush went over the stadium which was odd since we were winning, and I check my phone and there it is Hummel tears ACL all over the headlines, shoot even a blogger let me know via twitter. I am devasted, not for Purdue, not for the fact our Final Four shot just got harder, but for Hummel. He is the epitome of a student athlete, and amazing person. His only quote that anyone has heard so far was, "well I will get to play in the new Arena next year" what a kid. While it's going to be hard and non believers have dropped us like a rock in the ocean in the polls, I still believe. Why, because Matt Painter is a hell of a coach, and has time to adjust this time. Look we still have 2 All Americans how many teams can say that, we have an incoming Freshman that I think is going to be tough, we have a healthy Point Guard, so I say to you that think we'll roll over and die get out of the way because the Train is going to run you over. I still believe in Boiler basketball baby, Houston or Bust!

Great win for the Boilers Saturday on homecoming! We defeated Minnesota 28-17 and yes if you look I correctly picked the score SPOT ON, and after the game Minnesota fired their coach OUCH! It was a beautiful day at Ross Ade, and the new look Boilers continued their excellent running game with their 5 straight 200 yard rushing performance. Next week the competition steps up, I hope it's a repeat of last year when we upset Ohio State, but if not I want to get thru the game healthy as Illinois will be a HUGE game. We need 2 wins to get bowl eligible now, and Illinois is a BIG one for us.

As for guest picking, both Travis and I took some hits, but both still had good records
Travis- 10-7
Phats- 12-5
My Top 5 after Saturday's games
1- Oregon
2- Boise State
3- Oklahoma
4- TCU
5- Auburn
The BCS rankings have Oklahoma #1 was a little surprised by that, and it can't be a good sign that Boise State checked in at 3. As for Delta's Missouri team before you ask they are top 15 in my mind not top 5 YET. Good win over A&M though, the jury is still out however.

NON SPORTS
Who watches the amazing race? I really liked this last episode, and how funny was it when that moron got in the cab and told the driver to take them to the Artic Circle, when they were in GHANA. I thought all the tasks looked like a lot of fun, I would really like to do the dog sled task. I told Kristen my biggest downfall would have been that task though. If you know me you know I am a big softy for dogs, and I would have wanted to play with and pet those puppies! I know they looked a tad dangerous, but how cool were those motorized sleds!!! As for the Phil-imination was very happy to see the Princeton Dorks go, and when they came to Phil singing oh man LAME! See ya fellas. Good episode.

Words can't describe how excited the Mrs and I are for the Rocky Horror episode of Glee that is on a week from Tuesday. The previews look awesome, which will be true everything Glee does is pretty awesome. It sucks that tonight's episode is a rerun, but we'll probably still watch it.

I hate fall. Pretty much because of what is coming behind it :( It's starting to get cool here, we haven't turned our heat on yet but we're getting close! with lows in the 30's not sure how much longer we can wait. BLEH.

Alright all I got for ya, everyone have a great Tuesday
Phats

5 Comments:

At 12:13 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

I thought of you when I heard the Robbie Hummel news...figured this was very very bad!! I'm sorry. :(

 
At 12:13 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

Oh and please make a note that I commented about the SPORTS portion.

 
At 4:42 PM , Blogger Delta R. Vines said...

Sorry about Hummel, Phats. Truly. And, I'm glad my Kittehz are growing on you. Thought about you when I saw the Rams won.

Oh, I feel so badly for you, really. You are probably one of the best fans Purdue has! With fans like you, Purdue is a winner any day of the week.

I mean, look at me, a Ram's fan. The secret is to keep believing it's gonna get better. It will.

(HUGS to ya Phats!)

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I heard about Robbie and felt bad for you. I hope he can rebound and still have a decent career. Nice job by the Boilers this past weekend. I am watching The Amazing Race, and I like it this year but not as much as the other seasons mostly because there are no good villains this year. I haven't found one team yet that I can't stand.

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger Duck said...

Yeah, the only team I'm rooting against in the amazing race is the father/daughter Churchy McChurcherson combo, but that's just because I'm such a hateful person.

Also, I love that the super douche on the show is actually named Chad. Perfect.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home