Sunday, September 12, 2010

Recap

Well the Boilermakers got their first win on the young season, beating a game and determined Western Illinois Leatherneck team. The Boilers will take a 1-1 record into Saturday's game against Ball State AKA as Testicle Tech! It wasn't a great game, but I understand what Coach Hope was doing he kept it very vanilla, and when the starters were pulled at the start of the 4th quarter we were up 24-7, and the reserves gave up 2 TD's to make it 31-21. While we won, we also lost, as our all Big Ten receiver Keith Smith went down late in the game with what looked like a bad knee injury on the WIU sideline, I am not a doctor but my guess would be ACL tear, besides what else is knew with Purdue and knee injuries. While losing him sucks, it sucks more for him he is a Senior he has used up his redshirt year, and apparently one of the nicest guys on the team. While we still wait for the final word just giving a thought and a prayer to Mr Smith! The good news on the day NO RAIN!!! I had my rain gear all packed and ready to go as ALL the meteorologists were saying all day rains including downpours, man were they wrong. One other note I have to say we got a BIG kick out of the WIU cheerleaders, their men were WEAK, it was quite comical to see all their girls were doing the heavy lifting, and most the guys were backspots! CRAZY! Bring on the Cardinals!

As for guest picking and the results this week
Booya- 15-1
Phats- 14-2 (Season Record 28-3)
I have to give it up to Booya, he almost correctly predicted scores of two games hats off to him. Team of the week- James Madison how about a team from a different division going to Virginia Tech and beating them. I am telling you playing non D1 teams these days is tricky. This puts a wrench in Boise State's national title plans for sure as this is no longer a quality win. How about the ACC sorry Topolk but man alive is that conference awful, I said it all last year, it looks like I am repeating myself this year. Not impressed with Alabama, and that's not a bad thing they are just a boring team to watch. I am not sold they are the best team in the country, i'd definitely put Ohio State ahead of them, but until they lose they have the inside track on the title game. Some big games and interblogger games on tap for this week, and the guest picker has been notified look for new predictions come Thursday.

I was all excited to watch the mens US Open final today but stupid rain has delayed it :( The mens final pits Novak Djokovic vs Rafa Nadal. I can't stand Nadal, he's a great tennis player, seems like a good guy, but I just can't get over anywho who picks his butt and smells it on national tv at least 20x a match. I am taking Novak in 5 tough sets. Kim Clijsters defended her title last night on the womens side that was nice to see, she has always been one of my favorites.

Big Brother is almost done for the season, and I have to say this season has definitely been underwhelming, this might be the biggest batch of idiots they have ever had, and that's saying something! It's down to the three guys that formed the Brigade, who think they are like the best alliance ever, can't wait til they get out and realize this was the most boring season ever. I would rather watch the jury house, and see Rachel stutter as Ragan shuts her down time and time again. I guess I want Hayden to win at least he's won competitions.

So 2 of my friends are getting married over Halloween weekend, one is a longtime friend, the other is a new friend who has become a good buddy of mine. Here is my problem I am flying solo that weekend, and I need a date to the wedding, any takers? I promise I am handsome :) haha

That's all I got have a great week
Phats

4 Comments:

At 11:21 PM , Blogger Bekah said...

Want me to get you know who to be your date??? :) I have a feeling Halloween is her thing! LOL!!!!!!!

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger Rocketstar said...

I think I have to go with Hayden as well.

Now Survivor kicks in, young vs, old

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Bekah- Uhhh NO i think i'll pass on that one haha everyone I know is going to be there that would be embarrassing.

Rocket- I can't wait for Survivor and Amazing Race!!! I want to see how Jimmy Johnson does.

 
At 1:16 AM , Anonymous Angel's Mind said...

Dude, I'm sure you'd have NO problem finding a wedding date! Hell- if I was still single, and younger, and hotter, and lived closer, I would SO go with you!!
:P
Are we going to see wedding photos? I'd love to see what they do with the decor on a Halloween wedding!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home