Happy 4th of July!
Happy 4th of July everyone!
First off, yes with my job I do get my summers off, kind of. For those that don't know I work for the city in the summer teaching summer tennis lessons. I have kids from 9-12 and adults 5-6 M-R if we get rain we meet on Friday. I was lucky this week with no rain so I can really enjoy my holiday weekend!
I love the 4th of July, one of my favorite holidays as our entire family gets together to celebrate. We are hosting for a second straight year for a couple of reasons. 1. We have a pool and it's going to be hot, and 2 you can see our town's fireworks from our backyard, so no getting into crowds and having to wait forever to get out. We live in a REALLY small town but I have to say they do a damn good job putting on fireworks for the fourth. Our whole family will be coming over, my mom, sister, brother in law, their kids, his parents, his brother and his kids so this place will be jumping. Some will come in on Saturday and stay all night others will arrive on Sunday. All the traditional stuff goes on, wiffle ball tournament, a little kickball, volleyball, some tennis, and of course TONS of pool time. The evening ends with watching the kids fireworks they buy, then heading to the back to watch the town's fireworks. Always a great time, with great family and I am definitely looking forward to it. How about you all, any big plans??
Have a safe and happy fourth, and be safe with fireworks, my brother in law almost burnt down 2 houses last year, one being mine when a firework that shot off a parachute got stuck on our power line HA.
Once the fourth is over then it's almost time for the fair, and that means DEEP FRIED GOODIES for Phats, Deep Fried Oreos, Deep Fried Reese Cups, and of course Hodson Fudge, mmm I am getting fat just thinking about it.
Happy 4th
Phats


4 Comments:
hey I'm working the church booth at the fair twice this year so maybe I'll get to see you while I'm out there! (Plus I'm sure Mom and I will go another night.)
Dude we should get heather and all of us should go to the fair one night, you can park here and we can walk if you like?
Happy 4th Phats! BB later this week!
I want to come to one of the fairs you go to just so I can try all the deep-fried goodies!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home