Sunday, March 21, 2010

Thanks Kansas for busting my bracket

UPDATE- and the season comes to an end. HELL of a performance by the Boilers tonight just not enough offense. I love this team, and it's going to be so hard to not see Keaton Grant and Chris Kramer who now leave Purdue as the all time winningest class with 101 wins in four years, not be on the court next year. We had such a great season starting out 14-0, went through the downs of a 3 game losing streak looking dead in the water, then winning 10th straight and in that 10th game it happened. Hummel tore his ACL. Everyone said we were done, we limped to the tournament, everyone picked Siena we won, everyone picked A&M we won, and it came to end to the hands of Duke. With E'Twaun "Smooge" Moore, JaJaun Johnson, and a Healthy Robbie Hummel all set to return for the Senior seaosn, I like our chances to end up right back in Houston in 2011 where the Final Four is played. So proud to be a Boiler, ever grateful, ever true. A few more months and it's football season. BOILER UP!

Ohhh How sweet it is baby.
Purdue beat Texas A&M tonight to earn a second straight trip to the Sweet 16, heading to Houston for the south regional semi-finals. Tonight's game had it all and sent me through every emotion, I thought I was going to faint, throw up, have a heart attack, cry, lost my voice, pulled a muscle jumping up and down and everything was worth it because we WON!!! To all those analysts at ESPN, to Seth Davis at CBS, to everyone who doubted us and lets face it, it was a lot of people including President Obama. My message to you is SUCK IT! Nobody believed in this team but the fans, players, coaching staff, and a few bloggers on here who might have just been being nice to me. On selection Sunday Seth Davis started the firestorm by saying Siena a 13 seed would be the favorite and when they won it wouldn't be an upset, the ESPN guys picked it up from there. I love proving people wrong, and to them I say keep on doubting us we have no room for you on this train that is going FULL speed ahead.

Lets get to the game, if you would have told me that our center would be held scoreless in the first half, and the heart and soul of our team Chris Kramer would sit most of the half with foul trouble and we'd only be down 7 I probably would have laughed at you, but that was the case. Our other big stud stepped it up, and a Freshman off the bench got us 10 big time points to keep us close. Things didn't start much better in half 2 as we quickly got down 11 but then like a light bulb went off it started to click. We went on a run and just like that a Keaton Grant steal and we're up 55-50 with 4 mins to go and Coach Painter is pumping his fist screaming COME ON! Unfortunately we didn't score again in regulation including 2 chances to win it. Thank God it was OT, and in the OT after trading baskets we finally go the stop needed, and then the red sea parted and Mr Kramer delivered the game winner. I can't explain how great it was for CK to hit the game winner, he has meant so much to our program. If you asked me to describe a Boilermaker i'd say him, so what a great memory for a Senior. Now it's on to the sweet 16 and Duke.

Other NCAA Ramblings
This has been an exciting tournament so far, the underdogs are proving there is a lot of parity this year. How about Kansas going down to Northern Iowa, NORTHERN IOWA?! My bracket is officially in the shitter as I had them cutting down the nets in most of my brackets

BIG LEAST anyone? I love seeing the Big East get bounced early and often, because they are OVERRATED! The only people talking up that conference are the idiots at ESPN, the same idiots who said we'd lose in rd 1.

How about the Big Ten three teams in the Sweet 16, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Purdue way to represent baby.

Onto the updated standings heading into the Sweet 16. Keep checking the previous post for updated scores though.

MIDWEST
1- Tiggysmum 16 pts
1- Cheryl 16 pts
3- Design Goddess 11 pts
Phats- 11 pts
*Cheryl picking Kansas to win this region, really needs to root against Tiggy's picks to have any chance. How about DG correctly picking the Ohio over Georgetown upset!

WEST
1- Mr. Shife 19 pts
2- Travis 12 pts
3- Jenn 7 pts
phats- 11pts
*Shife has put together a very impressive bracket with only 1 miss so far. Travis for saying he doesn't follow college basketball has done a nice job as well. Jenn went for upsets and almost got a few.

EAST
1- Bekah 15 pts
1- Cara 15 pts
3- Topolk 13 pts
Phats- 11 pts
*This region is still up for grabs since Topolk chose West Virginia to represent this region. It might come down to the elite 8 game

SOUTH
1- Gary 15 pts
2- Jef 14 pts
2- Booya 14 pts
4- Duck 12 pts
Phats- 15 pts
*This region all of you took Purdue not sure anyone can catch Gary, but Jef who didn't take the Boilers. I appreciate your confidence guys!! :)

Onto the Sweet 16 BRING ON DUKE

8 Comments:

At 12:09 AM , Blogger TOPolk said...

I should have known better to trust my Tigers...*sigh* Its hard to bet against your own team.

Damn if Wofford didn't almost help me out though. Glad that Cornell pulled it out in the 2nd round.

 
At 1:56 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Topolk- you're still in it though especially if WVU wins your region wofford was so close

 
At 6:05 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Cause I'm just THAT good!! ;)

BTW, I posted again. Not much, but I'm sure more will follow! (You might not like it too much, but then again.....)

 
At 6:08 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

I kinda like how I'm doing since I don't follow ANY of it!!! :oD

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Shife is the man!

 
At 1:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously ... do you think I know what I'm doing when I pick those people?

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Happy Spring :)!
xo
Lee Ann

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Craziest bracket EVER!!!! I had Kentucky and Kansas as the two #1 seeds to make it to the final four. So, you can see how mine is looking?

And then I was all in for Tennessee and Baylor, but No.

Now I think I gotta go with Butler as the underdog. But I think Duke may win it all.

I wore my Purdue shirt and cheered you guys on so hard. I think yall did great, played so hard without Hummel.

And oh, btw...I am doing great, since I did Gary's picks too. Ha!!!

(btw...I have Disney pics up on my blog now.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home