It's amazing
EDIT BOILERS WIN BOILERS WIN!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SAID BOILER UP!! :)
So, one of my all time favorite shows started back up Sunday, The Amazing Race and if you're not watching it I simply have to ask, why the hell not? I love this show, and yes it's a reality show(for the record I love reality shows) but it's better than most. For those that don't like the backstabbing, scheming, fights, and what not, you get that but not nearly as much on this show and there is no real alliances since you aren't voting someone out it's a race to the mat with the last team getting Phil-imnated! Competing on this season are two of my favorite alums of Big Brother, another reality show I am highly addicted to, Jordan and Jeff. Jordan won the show last season and Jeff became her in house boyfriend, and apparently they are still together. Anyway, I was surprised how well they did considering how dingy she was on Big Brother! They actually came in first, and I was glad for them. Does anyone remember I believe she was Miss Teen South Carolina? The one who answered really really dumb about how to find America on a map, yeah she's on this season too! They came in second but endured a penalty and actually came in 7th. Still getting to know the rest of the teams, there is a grandma/granddaughter team that's pretty awesome they do half marathons, and triathlons together. There is a team of brothers one is gay, and he hilariously recognized Miss South Carolina right away then in his confessional repeated her speech she gave word for word it was awesome. Anyone else watching this show??
Staying on reality, we get the Fox Reality Channel, and I happened to catch a pretty twisted show on there called Solitary. Anyone seen this show?? They lock up I think it's 9 contestants in really small rooms and then a computer name Val pretty much tortures them their entire stay. This new batch was escorted to their rooms locked up in chains, and they have had to drink smoothies that were well DISGUSTING, and the latest was smacking themselves pretty hard on the face and stomach. Basically you either quit or last to compete a challenge is how you lose. It's pretty twisted, yet I watched it haha.
Winter Olympics
I will be the first to admit I have never been a HUGE fan of the Winter Games, I prefer the summer games, and I am not sure why that is. Tina pointed out on Twitter maybe it's because I hate snow and winter? I think it's because the Summer games get more pub, they hype those athletes so much more, and you see the trials for Swimming, track, and gymnastics. The only hype I have seen for these games was for ice skating, and uhh PASS. I think that's part of it too, I just can't get into the sports that much, I don't watch hockey when it's NHL season so why would I watch olympic hockey, especially without the fights! Figure Skating, only watched that in 94 when it was Tonya vs Nancy, and come on who didn't watch that?! Curling, bobsled, luge, skiing yeah don't get me started. I will say though I caught the moguls the other day, WOW I was impressed with that!!! Where they ski downhill and then do a trick off a jump ramp!! Some of them both men and women were doing a full twist in the laid out position. I can do a full on land, I can't imagine doing a full on with a pair of ski's on!! I would break my neck. I also got into the speed skating where the three Koreans were leading, and two of them went down allowing the two Americans(including Apollo) to get in and get 2nd and 3rd, that was NUTS! So, maybe I am warming up to the winter games a bit who knows. I do feel awful for the Luger who was killed, how tragic. That sport is scary enough, I can't imagine having to go down that course knowing someone was killed on it. So sad, I feel for him, his family, and his teammates what they must have been going through.
Hard to believe but my HS tennis season(I coach) starts in 1 month! I told some of the girls when I saw them today we might be shoveling snow off the courts for our conditioning! Man lately mother nature has been PISSED off at us. We had 2 major storms hit us, and a third came through today, luckily though it stayed south. I would be perfectly fine if we didn't have anymore snowstorms, please. I am ready for spring and a warm up PRONTO.
Big game for the Boilermakers Wednesday night, I would appreciate it if you all said a BIG Boiler Up around 6:30! We can take all the luck we can get. We might be closing in on a number 1 seed! GO BOILERS!!
That's all, BTFU Baby
Phats


14 Comments:
do i at least get a few points for watching the olympics since it's SPORTS?
Phil-imnated!, I love it. Reality TV is where it is at. Written TV is just soo horribly written, i cannot stomachit, except for maybe Curb Your Enthusiasm and Entourage.
Solitary is a great show, I've been watching it since version 1.0. You can catch them all online. This may be the toughest reality show, to push oneself to their ultimate limits!
I LOVE the Winter Olympics, but I'm twisted that way...I end up knowing all the back stories of the curlers and figure skaters and such. :-)
I watched the Amazing Race one season and it was really good (and I do NOT like reality shows), but for some reason I always forget to watch it. I may need to set it on my DVR this season.
Boiler Up!!!!!
The winter Olympics is AWESOME!! I like watching the Snowboarders, skaters, etc. I am not one to watch hockey on a regular basis; however, I will watch the Olympic hockey medal rounds b/c that's real playing! NHL--- not so much for me!
I love ice skating and gymnastics both b/c of the artistry. :)
Haven't really watched too much reality TV lately..... maybe I should watch some Amazing Race to see how it's going....
Big Boiler Up! I'll say it again in about an hour!
I will try to remember to BTFU on Wednesday. They are looking pretty good and a #1 seed might be heading their way. When is the last time they were a #1 seed? When Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson was there? And I am watching "The Amazing Race" this season. I forgot how much I liked it. I don't have a favorite team yet but it is still early.
Just had to mention how bad the Heels are again. I don't even think they are going to make the NIT. Good luck to the Boilers tonight.
Bekah- I am very proud of you!!!
Rocket- I love reality tv haha I need to catch up on solitary it's crazy but i Can't stop watching. Any chance I can talk you into entering my bracket challenge this year :)
Cheryl- The back stories can often make the olympics even greater!! Yeah you should try Race again!
Tiggy- The snowboarders are insanely good and insanely unreal! love it.
Angel- Thanks!!! :)
Shife- I am really nervous for this one, with Nova's loss we have a shot but we have a tough schedule. This game scares me to death, the only good news if we happen to lose OSU plays at MSU sat. Last #1 seed I believe was 96 lost though int he second rd, in 98 we were a 2 seed.
Shife2- the nice thing about NCAA basketball, conf tournaments. you think teams are gonna wanna play UNC in the acc tournament??
Nice win by the Boilers.
Wooooo! Boiler up! :)
Yo, did you see that the girl from Amarillo made Idol?
Tina- Which one was she? I like a lot of them so far haha.
BTFU!! The knucklehead says howdy. I watch so little sport on TV… I’m just waiting for my F1 season to start up again.
I sure hope those Husker Bid Ten rumors are just that. I like them in the Big XII with the Texas schools so I can catch a few games now and then.
But I'm sure you would score me tickets to a Purdue-NU showdown.
Angel- Tell Damien hi!! When does F1 start?
Travis- haha i'd hook ya up, I am betting the state of Nebraska's cable providers would pick up Big Ten Network if they made the switch, besides most of our games are on ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC You know Purdue would win right?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home