Hey Tony Dungy, how's that crow taste?
Hello Bloggers
I feel good I am blogger more regularly now, and I am back into the swing of things. I will admit this is going to be mostly a sports post, but please still comment I love reading them :) I still hate winter, however it wasn't as bad as they were originally calling for we only got 3 inches of snow. Kind of hard to complain when DC is under 30 inches. They are calling for possibly 3 more inches tonight, so we'll see. All the schools here canceled and I have to say I don't get it, I was out in it all day and it wasn't that bad at all, the worst part was fing shoveling BOO. I really hate winter.
Alright we have to talk about the new most watched Television event of all time, of course the super bowl that just happened on Sunday. Something finally broke M*A*S*H's record as the Saints and the Colts put on quite a show. For those of you who don't know I am a New Orleans Saints fan, and if you want to call me a bandwagoner fine go for it, but I have been cheering for them ever since they signed my boy, former Boilermaker quarterback Drew Brees. Let me tell you I never thought rooting for the Saints could be so dangerous! At the super bowl party I was at I was called "hater" "traitor" and some words I will refrain from sharing by family friends just because I wasn't cheering for the Colts. They simply felt that I had no right to cheer against my "hometown" team. Lets get one thing straight, I have never been a Colts fan ever, nor do I consider them my hometown team. So, as you can see this game was very interesting, and I got a lot of trash talked to me all the way up to halftime with the Colts leading, but thank you Sean Payton for calling one of the greatest plays of all time the onside kick to open the second half, and thank you Mr Kendra(girls next door) Hank Baskett for muffing it! That turned the tide, and the whole complexion of the game. Of course the Saints went on to win 31-17 successfully getting me kicked out of the party I was at for literally jumping out of my chair when Porter returned the Peyton INT for a pick 6! WHO DAT BABY! So proud of the Saints, and Drew Brees for pulling this off. So, for those that might not understand I basically have a mancrush on Drew Brees, he is basically a GOD around Purdue. The guy has a street named after him in West Lafayette, he led us to our first Rose Bowl in like 60 years(so it seemed), and he continues to this day to just give back to Purdue over and over, and I don't think I could ever root against the guy. So to see him holding the Lombardi trophy, almost brought tears to my eyes, but what really pushed me over the top was the image of him with his son, I still get choked up when I see that imagine. Might not be a better post game image in super bowl history.

Lets talk about Peyton Manning. I can't stand the guy, everyone in Indiana thinks the dude is like some kind of St, uhh he's not. I love how the camera seems to always catch him throwing some kind of fit during every game when something happens he doesn't approve of, during the super bowl it was when his kicked missed a tough 51 yarder. Look Manning maybe if you could convert the third down you wouldn't be in that situation. So, the fact that he threw a pick 6 with the game on the line made it even that much more sweeter, and he got face planted into the field on the return excellent! What really upset me was not only did he not seek out Drew Brees or Sean Payton after the game to shake their hands, he left the game before it was over, to me that is a douchebag move Peyton BIG TIME. His explanation was the field is big, and it's their time, umm that's BS you're freaking Peyton Manning if you want to shake someone's hand someone will help you find them, and how about your coach, he shook hands. What I find comical is a few years ago when the Colts beat the Patriots to go to the Super Bowl the Colts fans were in a HUGE uproar because Belichick didn't shake hands, how is this different?
How about the non football aspects of the super bowl? What did you all think of Queen Latifah and Carrie Underwood? I thought Queen did a decent job, I always forget she's a pretty good singer. Sure I felt Carrie might have missed a note or too, but I am pretty much in love with her. Also I appreciate she sang it live with no tracks or anything that's rare! How about the halftime show? I think the NFL and MTV need to kiss and make up, because I am sick of seeing halftime shows sponsored by AARP! The Who? Seriously?! I think I heard Saint fans saying "Who Dat" when they started. It's been a few years now since Nipple Gate I think they could get over it and start bringing back the young acts that people want to see. Why not put them on a 10 sec delay that should do it. I remember back when halftime shows at the Super Bowl were entertaining, lets get back to that please. Commercials, favorites? I loved the Snickers commercial with Betty White, you just can't go wrong with the Golden Girl! The doritos commercial was pretty awesome too, and how about Farve actually making fun of himself props to him!
As if the Saints winning the Super Bowl wasn't big enough, tonight my Boilers did the unthinkable, as they went into East Lansing and the Breslin Center and beat the #10 ranked Michigan State Spartans 76-64, and basically controlled the game from start to finish. At one point led by 18 in the second half, but like all good teams MSU made their run and cut it down to three, that's when E'Twaun "Smooge' Moore took over, burying a three silencing the crowd, and MSU only scored 2 pts the rest of the way. This was a HUGE win for many reasons but for one MSU, ILL, OSU, and Purdue are all tied in the loss column for the big ten lead. We are currently 20-3 (8-3) and still have games with all three of those teams, with both Illinois and Michigan State having to come to Mackey, so we sit in a good position. However, got to solidify this win by beating Iowa on Saturday. BOILER UP!
American Idol moved into Hollywood week tonight, and now it really gets interesting. We finally get mostly good singers and not the bad which I like. Ellen Degeneres started tonight as the fourth judge, I thought she did pretty good. I think I have some favorites so now I will be disappointed if they don't make it! The young girl whose grandma has Alzheimer's she's really good especially for only being 16. The dude that did "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul that was pretty cool, and the last hippie chick that went who got her son's name tattooed on her back, really liked her. Seems like some really good talent this year. Wednesday night starts the dreaded group night, can't wait to see all the people fall apart like usual!
Alright that's all I have for ya.
Have a great hump day!
Phats


11 Comments:
I prayed and prayed for a snow day. :( I didn't get it. I liked the same commercials you did - there were some good ones this year! And I thought Carrie did a good job singing, though I had to go back and watch it on Youtube because people were talking during the actual singing of it. HELLO!!!!!
GREAT GAME!!!!
While I actually like Peyton and the Colts, I can understand your support of Drew Brees. You've gotta support your own.
And speaking of his kid, you'll probably dig this pic -
http://thedw.us/post/378115295/morning-links-google-airs-super-bowl-ad
Well Phats I am glad you are a happy camper and the Saints won the Super Bowl. I was surprised they pulled it off but I am glad they did. And a great game by your Boilers against Michigan State. I am so looking forward to college basketball getting done because this year has been horrible for me. Tonight we will get spanked by Duke at home.
Best Super Bowl Picture Ever
LOl Those were the same two singers on AI that I really loved last night also. (Although, you know, right now my tv obsession is pretty much taken over by "Lost." Once AI gets down to the final 24 and especially 12, I'll really get into it!)
The Super Bowl was AWESOME!!!!!! Great game and I wanted the Saints to win it so bad. The South has just rallied behind them and I was so proud for them. And for your guy Drew...he played an AMAZING game!!!
It was a great game, I agree on the Payton thinig, why not shake hands.
New All Star Survivor tonight, forget if you are a watcher..
I'm man crushing on Brees as well since he is a Texas boy. And as a 30 year Saints fan Sunday felt like a fairy tale come true for me.
The irony of it all is that Drew Brees is from Texas, played in Indiana, and now plays in NO. Peyton Manning is from NO and now plays in Indiana. Peyton is NO's favorite son. How odd and weird it all is. My only regret is that I never saw a snap of the super bowl. Haven't even caught it on the NFL channel yet. Need to DVR it.
Can anyone fill me in on the headphones his kid wears? I'm guessing it's to keep the loud noises out of his ears.
Bekah- you guys were under snow emergency! you shouldn't have been traveling.
Gary- HELL YA!!
Topolk- I love that picture thanks!!
Shife- I was shocked too, I think they took all this Huge underdog talk and turned it in their favor. UNC played good against duke, who knows maybe they will win the ACC tournament.
Shife2- That picture in a word EXCELLENT! haha
Cheryl- I have fought the urge to look at spoilers and see who made the top 24! I really like that 17 yr old she's good. I have never gotten into lost. I think the whole country rallied around the Saints!
Rocket- LOVED survivor! What a great first episode! Love Stephanie so glad she was able to continue, and would love to see Boston Rob and Sandra team up and run the game. YOu?
Travis- WHO DAT! I bet you were in heaven, I admit to jumping on the wagon when they picked up Brees!
Knot- I don't think peyton is their favorite son anymore, I believe that's drew!!! I have caught the replay a few times I am sure it will air more. I Think the headphones were to protect his ears because it was so loud
It was a great first episode. There is no way Russell wins this thing and why wasn't he searching for those idols?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home