Yep, a little busy
Hey guys!
I am alive, rumors of my death have been grossly exaggerated, I have just been busy.
So a quick update is all you're getting here tonight. Late last week I heard on the radio about a traffic accident down south, and it was a local man who was killed, and I was still waking up so I didn't really connect the name until I got the call from my sister. Her very close friend from high school, and basically was like a brother to me since he was at our house all the time(5 years difference between my sister and I) his dad was the one killed. It's really odd because we had all just been out with him, so to hear this news was just shocking. Anyway, my sister decided to drive into town(it's about an hour) on Saturday, and she organized a get together for people at BW3's, and we stumbled in at 4:30am WOW still paying for that let me tell you, but not as much as my sister who was vomiting most of the night haha. Anywho it was good for Dannie there was TONS of laughter, TONS of tears, and I think some healing. So this is how crazy my sister is she drove back home Sunday, only to drive back up on Monday for the viewing, stayed for the whole viewing, drove back home(on pretty crappy roads), and drove back up Tuesday for the funeral. That was a lot of trips! So, all of that mess is behind us and Wednesday we both get the same call from my aunt "Now don't worry, everything is alright" is it just me or does your mind race when you hear that? Anyway, immediately I figured my grandma had fallen again or something, but it was my mother she fell at school(teacher too) in a wet spot, and broke her wrist. So, my sister met me at the Hospital making that YET another trip. Thank God my mom didn't need surgery, she doesn't really do doctors and such. It's a broken wrist in a cast for 6 weeks, and the cast is Hot Pink! ha! So, once we saw everything was pretty much OK we let out another sigh. I sometimes want to say what next, but that worries me then what will happen.
Saturday I am heading out with friends to do some good old fashion karaoke! Bekah wanna go, but if you go you have to sing :) Any requests?
Everyone have a great weekend.
Oh yeah my picks for the NFL
Saints over Cardinals(Sorry Shife) WHO DAT!
Vikings over Cowgirls
Chargers over Jets
Ravens over Colts(I don't like the Colts, this won't happen but it'd be funny)
Phats


6 Comments:
You didn't tell me about your mom! Hope she gets better soon! And hey, what's wrong with a hot pink cast!? Do you remember mine from 6th grade?
And um, wow, the invitation is tempting...if only I didn't already have plans.... :D
So sorry to hear about your friend's father. My deepest sympathies to you, your family, and your friend's family.
I know it's been a (loooong) while since I've been on blogger. Can't give you a good reason, just haven't been here. (I heard you wished for extra time for me so that I could blog again. We'll see how 2010 goes. I might just get back into it!)
Glad to hear your mom is ok aside from a broken wrist. Could always have been worse. How's things with you? :)
You don't like the Colts...that's kinda weird. The Ravens have a shot, I believe.
Hope your mom is recovering well!
So sorry to hear about your friend's Dad and your mom's wrist. But it sounds like you guys had a good time with your friend...when you're grieving, it's just nice to know you have friends and that there is still a lot of laughter.
I am DISTRAUGHT over the performance of my Cowboys today. Ugh!!!! (I am now officially hceering for the Saints!)
Ravens over Colts? I hope that you don't have any money on that!!
I hope that your friend is alright...I'll keep them in my thoughts.
Hope your Mom's wrist is healing.
Sorry to hear of your loss, Phats.
I hope all is well with you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home