Last home game of the season
Welcome to another edition of the weekend picks! After a huge win over the Michigan(meat-chicken!) wolverwines where we snapped a losing streak at Michigan Stadium(The Big House) that went back to 1966. and this is the first time we have swept Ohio State and Michigan in the same season since 2000 led by Drew Brees! Now we have Michigan State at home for the last home game of the year and Senior Day. It's sad because the season is pretty much over, but it's also exciting that this game actually means something. This actually might be a bowl elimination game, but we'll see just taking it one game at a time! The game starts at Noon on ESPN, so you all BETTER watch it, and better cheer loud.
Onto to the picks. Haven't heard from the guest picker so it looks like I am going solo this week. Kent State and Ohio are off this week.
PRO GAMES
Buffalo Bills(Egg) at Tennessee Titans
This game should be a laugher, emphasis on SHOULD as the Titans are having a horrible season. The Bills seem to be back on track and will roll to a win.
BUFFALO 41 tennessee 21
EDIT TENNESSEE 41 buffalo 17
Phats- D'oh
Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers(Topolk)
This could actually be a good game, Carolina seems to be playing better, and the Falcons are a decent team. Both gave my Saints great games recently, I am not exactly sure who to pick, but I think the Falcons are playing a little bit better.
ATLANTA 31 carolina 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE CAROLINA 28 atlanta 19
Phats- D'oh
Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers(Rocket)
This is actually a pretty good game, however the Steelers seem to have found their groove. Being at home makes them even tough so I am taking Pittsburgh and Big Ben
PITTSBURGH 31 cincinnati 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE CINCINNATI 18 pittsburgh 12
Phats- D'oh
COLLEGE GAMES
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Duke Blue Devils(David)
I don't know if Duke is improved, or if the ACC just plain sucks, I am going with the latter. Georgia Tech should win this one, and keep on trucking towards a division title.
GEORGIA TECH 31 duke 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE GEORGIA TECH 49 duke 10
Phats- WOOHOO
Texas Tech Red Raiders(Fuzz and Jef) at Oklahoma State Cowboys
I don't think Texas Tech is very good, but they do know how to score points, and OK State lost their only big game of the year this year and looked awful. Give me the Cowboys in a close game in Stillwater.
OKLAHOMA STATE 35 texas tech 31
EDIT FINAL SCORE OKLAHOMA STATE 24 texas tech 17
Phats- WOOHOO
Northwestern Wildcats at Illinois Fighting Illini(Tsofah)
Both teams are playing for bowls, Northwestern for a better bowl, Illinois for their bowl lives, and this is a rivalry game. I like how Northwestern has played this year they are a team that never gives up, example 1 we had them down 21-3 and they came back, and example 2 IU had them down 28-3 and they came back to win. Illinois seems to be playing really well right now, but I think Northwestern is just a tad better.
NORTHWESTERN 28 illinois 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE NORTHWESTERN 21 illinois 16
Phats- WOOHOO
Tennessee Volunteers(Tiggy) at Mississippi Rebels
What has happened to Ole Miss? They started the season with such high expectations, and now well they aren't very good. I think it's funny everyone kisses the SEC's ass well I don't think it's as strong this year, still the best conference but nowhere near what it has been. I like Tennessee getting a road upset here.
TENNESSEE 31 mississippi 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE MISSISSIPPI 42 tennessee 17
Phats- D'oh
Missouri Tigers(Tsofah) at Kansas State Wildcats
I believe the K-State Wildcats are in the drivers seat to win their division, as long as they keep on winning. I think you'd have to say this has been a successful season for Missouri even if they don't win another game, and they won't win this one.
KANSAS STATE 28 missouri 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE MISSOURI 38 kansas state 12
Phats- D'oh
Texas Longhorns(Gary, and Cheryl) at Baylor Bears
Texas is taking it's victory lap, as I don't believe they will play a ranked team on their way to the National Title Game. You can't penalize them for the Big 12 not being as good as usual though, and they will roll over Baylor
TEXAS 49 baylor 3
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS 47 baylor 14
Phats- WOOHOO
Clemson Tigers(Topolk) at North Carolina State Wolfpack
Clemson might be the best and most complete team in the ACC, and I am admitting to knowing nothing about NC STATE. I do know that Clemson has Spiller who probably should be in the running for the Heisman, and will run all over the Pack in this one.
CLEMSON 31 north carolina state 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE CLEMSON 43 north carolina state 23
Phats- WOOHOO
Alabama Crimson Tide(Gary, Cheryl,& Booya) at Mississippi State Bulldogs
Upset Special waiting to happen! Bama coming off a huge win, and having to play a Mississippi State team that gave Florida all it could handle earlier in the season. The Bulldogs stun the Tide ending their National Championship hopes
MISSISSIPPI STATE 14 alabama 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE ALABAMA 31 mississippi state 3
Phats- D'oh
Nebraska Cornhuskers(Travis) at Kansas Jayhawks
Kansas was having a pretty good season, when they weren't brawling with the basketball team, but seemed to have gotten off track. Nebraska seems to be back to the black shirt defense they used to always tout years ago. Nebraska continues with a big win.
NEBRASKA 21 kansas 3
EDIT FINAL SCORE NEBRASKA 31 kansas 17
Phats- WOOHOO
Idaho Vandals(Shife) at Boise State Broncos(Duck)
Man i'd love to not only take Idaho, but have them actually win this game especially for Shife. Being a Boiler I know it is to be the team ignored in your own state. I got on the Boise bandwagon, and they almost lost, now they are in the media crying and whining about the 2011 season and how nobody will play them. Maybe you shouldn't be asking for a million dollar payout, how convenient that was left out your article you totally spun! I understand how frustrating it probably is, but stop crying you don't see TCU crying. Anyway, Boise will beat Idaho, but it will be closer than usual.
BOISE STATE 31 idaho 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE 63 idaho 25
Phats- WOOHOO
West Virginia Mountaineers(Angel Jr) at Cincinnati Bearcats
If I weren't already picking this game it would be the game of the week, as Cincinnati tries to stay in the National Title chase with probably their toughest game of the year. The Big East is not that good, but these two teams are. Cincy let their guard down a bit with UConn last week after getting up big and almost lost, that won't happen this week as their crowd will be jacked for such a big game, and they will get by the "Eers" and keep their dream season alive.
CINCINNATI 35 west virginia 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE CINCINNATI 24 west virginia 21
Phats- WOOHOO
BIG GAME OF THE WEEK
Iowa Hawkeyes at Ohio State Buckeyes
This one is for the roses! As I believe the winner goes to the Rose Bowl, at least I know if OSU wins they definitely go to the Rose Bowl. It's hard to believe that we could very well have beaten the Big Ten Champs this year go figure. Ohio State played really really well last week in Happy Valley, and have looked to have righted the ship. The Hawkeyes saw their national title dreams evaporate to Northwestern last week after their quarterback Stanzi went out with an injury, and I don't believe he's playing Saturday. That's enough for me, Buckeyes head to Pasadena.
OHIO STATE 28 iowa 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE OHIO STATE 27 iowa 24 ot
Phats- WOOHOO
Michigan State Spartans at Purdue Boilermakers(phats)
I am actually back to be nervous about games, as we have no room for error whatsoever. My biggest concern is one of those close calls we could close out is going to come back to haunt us but I hope I am wrong. This is a definite winnable game for the Boilers, as MSU's pass defense is suspect at best, and that's what we do best so that is in our favor. It's also Senior day so there will be a TON of emotion on the field, as it's not secret how much Joey Elliott means to this team, and Coach Hope. I think it's going to be another nail biter but in the end Boilers keep post season hopes alive with a huge win.... BOILER UP... HAMMER DOWN!
PURDUE 35 michigan state 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE MICHIGAN STATE 40 purdue 37
Phats- D'oh :(
COLLEGE BASKETBALL
Cal State Northridge Matadors at Purdue Boilermakers
Well the season opens Friday night as the much anticipated 2009-2010 season gets underway. Purdue opens as the #7 team in the country after returning all 5 starters, and top player off the bench, and add to that a highly touted recruiting class and you have lofty expectations. I like that they haven't shied away from the fact that the final four is in Indy, and they want to be there, and this is the first step as they cruise over the Matadors a NCAA tournament team from last year in front of the home crowd.
PURDUE 83 cal state northridge 56
EDIT FINAL SCORE PURDUE 89 cal state northridge 64
Phats- WOOHOO
Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!
BTFU!!!


6 Comments:
You've been predicting this loss all year! Hasn't happened yet!
Roll Tide Roll!
Umm excuse me but I picked Bama last week! :) haha
I've been a crappy blog friend as of late but let me chime in and say Go Big Red. A win next week will give them a shot at Texas in the Big XII title game.
Sorry, Phats, but it appears that Bama is a little too focused to be upset! I was actually worried about the game too, because State had played both Florida and LSU well. But I couldn't have asked for a better game. Our offense had a big game, and our defense was smothering yet again. Roll Tide!!
I thought you guys were gonna get the win. I'm sorry!!
Btw...check my blog out sometime tomorrow (maybe by mid-day) and I'll have you a nice little surprsie on there!! :-)
Boiler Up!!
Roll Tide!!!!
Oh Phats we both had bad weekends with our football teams. At least your team was in the game. The Vandals got thumped but when you turn it over 7 times what do you expect. Good luck against the Hoosiers.
My teams really are not doing as well as I hoped, BUT, they did try! I've a nephew who goes to UM-Columbia. It's fun to tease him about the "kittehz" (Tigers).
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home