O-H-N-O HOW SWEET IT IS!

As you could probably imagine I am on cloud 9 today after the Boilers took out #7 Ohio State Saturday afternoon 26-18. It's always the best feeling to win, and a lot of fun but this one was special. I will never get how pissed I was at Purdue fans 2 years ago to walk into Ross Ade for a night game with OSU both teams undefeated and see a sea of red and buckeyes fans all around the stadium. Stupid Purdue fans, and John Purdue Club members at that had sold their tickets to Buckeye fans. This year wasn't quite as bad, and thank god that stupid O-H-I-O cheer they do didn't go completely around our stadium. This is just one reason why I hate OSU their fans are so arrogant, and obnoxious and everyone roots for any team playing them usually! Ironically enough this game was won on turnovers and for a change this season it wasn't ours! We forced more than we gave up, and held on late to stun the Suckeyes and get a MUCH NEEDED win.
As for the game itself so many players stepped up, but how about our kicker Carson Wiggs who was 4 of 5 on the day including 49 and 55 yarders the latter just as the first half expired giving us a 9-7 halftime lead and some great momentum going into the second half. Our defense also played great especially Ryan Kerrigan(who was awarded a helmet sticker on College Gameday Final! He had three sacks, and 2 fumble recoveries what a beast. However, the person I think I am most happy for is our quarterback Joey Elliot, the 5th year senior who has take the ire of alot of fans, even when he has played pretty well. He had a 300 yard throwing game against a damn good defense, and really ran the offense well. The best feeling though watching the end game celebration as the students spilled onto the field and seeing right in the middle of the celebration Coach Hope, giving away his hat, whistle, and rain coat HA! Loved it, great great victory.

As for the guest picker, if you didn't figure it out Duck was picking the opposite of what he thought was going to happen so that kind of skewed his record just a tad. Still one game, Buffalo's to be decided before the final results but right now here is where it stands
Duck- 2-12 so really 12-2
Phats- 11-3(Overall 64-22)
Around College Football
Congrats to Alabama for not only getting a big win over the Gamecocks, but becoming the new #1. Here's my only problem Florida didn't lose, so why did they leap frog them?! I am sticking to my guns I think Florida is the best team(Bama hasn't faced anyone with tebow's ability) Texas 2, and Alabama 3. I believe the BCS standings do have Florida 1 though and that's what counts.
Boise State is not a top 10 team. Sorry Duck, and other Bronco fans the win over Oregon was impressive but it can only carry you so far. Almost losing to Tulsa doesn't bode well for what will happen when you actually play competition in a BCS bowl.
Congrats to Shife and the Idaho Vandals, 6-1! Who would have thunk it?! I still think they will either scare the crap out of BSU, or beat them.
Iowa gets little to no respect because they win ugly, but the bottom line the Hawkeyes win. Ferentz is a DAMN good coach, and I do believe yours truly predicted the Hawkeyes would be a sleeper team this year.
Midnight Madness was Friday night officially starting the college basketball season. With everyone returning, including a pretty good group of Freshmen excitement is high at Purdue. Although we couldn't do a midnight madness due to construction going on at Mackey Arena, that doesn't dampen the fact we are all ready for Coach Painter's group to take the floor! We should easily be top 10 in all polls.
Not much else going on, it seems to have gotten cold here alot earlier than in the past. Highs only in the 40's lately, and the Purdue game was a little chilly. Of course winning makes you forget all about that haha :) I guess they are calling for 70's back on Wednesday, I sure hope so I am not ready for the cold yet.
I have found a new author that I absolutely love, and have been flying through her books. Mary Jane Clark, writes psychological thrillers that center around broadcast news, and their staffs. I am getting sad though she only has 2 more books that I haven't read yet. BOO! Hopefully she'll be writing more soon.
That's all hope everyone had a great weekend, and your team won!
BOILER UP!
Phats


7 Comments:
Congrats on the win!!!!! :D
Congrats dude. I can just imagine how stoked you guys were up there. Enjoy it while you can. Remember, next week brings a new challenge.
Ohio State ... one of the 5 overrated teams every year.
Great win!
It's cool Phats. I'm not the one saying they're a top 10 team. I'm just hoping they get to go to another BCS bowl this year.
Congrats again on your team getting the big win this weekend.
Way to go Boilers. And a Duck sighting. Wow there was indeed a great weekend.
Good game... The Bucks just choked!
Good luck this week!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home