Hell Ya It's HOMECOMING!!! BTFU

This week went fast, even after such heartbreak last week and gameday for Saturday is almost upon us. I can't wait because it's homecoming and that means yours truly will be back on the field cheering my heart out! Needless to say I can't wait for Saturday to get here. If you want to try to get a glance at Phats, the game is Saturday at Noon on the Big Ten Network. Our opponent for homecoming is the 2-2 Northwestern Wildcats who are coming off a loss to the Minnesota Golden Gophers so they will be hungry for a victory as well. While we are 1-3 you'd think my spirits would be at an all time low, but you know what they aren't. Sure I was super pissed we let the game at Oregon slip, especially seeing what they are doing to opponents now, and that loss to Notre Lame was also hard to swallow, but hey this was suppose to be a rebuilding year. I expect a fun exciting homecoming game this weekend, and can't wait even if the forecast is COLD and RAIN! HA GREAT! Onto the picks
Guest picking with me today is one of my favorite bloggers, and brand new father none other than Mr Shife!! If you haven't read his blog I highly recommend you check it out it's a great read. Texas, Nebraska, and Missouri are all off this week.
PRO GAME
San Diego Chargers at Pittsburgh Steelers(Rocket)
Shife- The Steelers are not going to be happy campers because they lost to the Bengals last week. The Chargers have to travel a long way to play a pretty pissed off team. I am not a math major but I think that adds up to a big W for Pittsburgh. I think the San Diego is going to get a couple of their bolts put in some uncomfortable places.
Pittsburgh 28, San Diego 10
Phats- I thought the steelers would bounce back from defeat last week and they didn't can they stop their 2 game skid? I hope so, I can't stand Phillip Rivers, he's a Grade A Douchebag! Steelers win
PITTSBURGH 41 san diego 28
Kent State Golden Flashes(design goddess) at Baylor Bears
Shife- Did Kent State ever take my idea and make it happen? Because they are the Flashes they should call their student section “The Indecent Exposure.” It is brilliant I tell you. Anyway as much as I love Kent State’s awesomeness when it comes to their nickname the Bears are going to maul them.
Baylor 35 Kent State 13
Phats- Baylor seems to be a little bit better this year, and Kent State really has never been good. Gotta go with the power conference team here especially at home
BAYLOR 31 kent state 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE BAYLOR 31 kent state 15
Shife = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO(close!)
UC Davis Aggies at Boise State Broncos(Duck)
Shife- The question for the Aggies will be which is more frightening, a) Playing the Donkeys or b) Driving with a live goddamn cougar next to you. I think a lot of Aggies would prefer having a large American feline resembling a lion riding shotgun with them than playing on the Smurf Turf. This is going to be ugly early and often for UC Davis.
Boise Junior College 56 uc davis 3
Phats- This is why Boise State won't lose a game this year, they don't play anyone. This one will be over at the end of the first quarter.
BOISE STATE 55 uc davis 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE 34 uc davis 16
Shife = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
New Mexico Lobos at Texas Tech Red Raiders(Jef, and Fuzz)
Shife- This game will be as exciting as watching Ice Dancing to the hits of Motown. The Red Raiders are going to put a beat down on the Lobos.
Texas Tech 56 new mexico 17
Phats- Both these teams were in the media this week for all the wrong reasons. Texas Tech is having twitter problems, leading to their coach banning the website since his players were complaining via tweets. New Mexico oh nothing so big as the head coach punching an assistant coach! It wouldn't matter what was going to Tech has too much firepower for the Lobos, now if this were basketball the Lobos would take it.
TEXAS TECH 49 new mexico 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS TECH 48 new mexico 28
Shife = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Ohio Bobcats(Skii) at Bowling Green Falcons
Shife- I think the Falcons were using this slogan for the football team, “Here's the deal we are the best there is. Plain and simple. We wake up in the morning and we piss excellence.” Unfortunately the season started and they pissed the opposite of excellence which I think is mediocrity.
Ohio 31 bowling green 24
Phats- Boring! Sorry but this game is just not that interesting. I am going with the Bobcats in a low scoring affair
OHIO 14 bowling green 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE OHIO 44 bowling green 37
Shife = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Virginia Tech Hokies at Duke Blue Devils(David)
Shife- I have to go back to my previous predictions when it comes to the Dookies. It is an oldie but a goodie. For those of you who don’t know me I am not a big fan of Duke. I think I said last year as a guest picker that I don’t understand how you can root for a team whose school name is a synonym for dropping a deuce. I can’t top that so I am sticking with it. Virginia Tech will take a Dook on the Blue Devils, and they will win the game as well. Hokies in a blowout,
VIRGINIA TECH 142 duke 10. Did I mention I hate Duke? Go Heels!!
Phats- Don't worry Blue Devil fans it's almost basketball season
VIRGINIA TECH 41 duke 3
EDIT FINAL SCORE VIRGINIA TECH 34 duke 26
Shife = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Colorado Buffaloes at West Virginia Mountaineers(Angel Jr)
Shife- The Prairie Cows are not so good but neither are the Mountaineers. Poor West Virginia gets a bad rap about the quality of its residents with jokes like “Why don’t they teach driver’s ed and sex ed on the same day in West Virginia?” Drum roll please …. “Because the mules get too tired!!” See that is not nice.
The Mountaineers 31 colorado 17
Phats- Colorado is awful, and this game is at West Virginia that's enough for me to pick the "eers'
WEST VIRGINIA 35 colorado 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE WEST VIRGINIA 35 colorado 24
Shife = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Alabama Crimson Tide(Gary, Cheryl, & Booya) at Kentucky Wildcats
Shife- Alabama is just a big, hairy American winning machine. Kentucky is not. The Tide rolls to a big win,
ALABAMA 42 kentucky 17
Phats- Alabama is playing for a bigger prize in the long run they won't blow it against an inferior UK team. If this were cheerleading the Cats would take it hands down, they are amazing!
ALABAMA 55 kentucky 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE ALABAMA 38 kentucky 20
Shife = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Clemson Tigers(Topolk) at Maryland Terrapins
Shife- Maryland has been pretty awful and Clemson could use a nice, big win after a couple of close losses. Clemson is going to be all business but they will have some fun too. They will be like the guy wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. It says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party. Clemson wins
CLEMSON 35 maryland 13
Phats- I have to admit that last week I picked against Clemson only because Topolk was dogging my Boilers on twitter. I then felt bad when TCU actually beat them! This week, I see a refocused Clemson that goes into Maryland, and kicks some turtles around.
CLEMSON 31 maryland 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE MARYLAND 24 clemson 21
Shife = D'oh
Phats = D'oh
Auburn Tigers at Tennessee Volunteers(Tiggy)
Shife- Oh boy an SEC game and you know what that means - time for an unflattering SEC joke. Yay!!! Question: What did the Tennessee fan say when he caught his wife making love to his best friend? Answer: Down Fido.
Auburn 28 tennessee 24.
Phats- I think Auburn better not overlook the Vols at UT. This will be a good game, Tennessee will kick a game winning field goal as time expires
TENNESSEE 24 auburn 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE AUBURN 26 tennessee 22
Shife = WOOHOO
Phats = D'oh
Penn State Nittany Lions at Illinois Fighting Illini(Tsofah)
Shife- Like Eleanor Roosevelt said in 1936, “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” And Penn State is going to use their speed to win a tough one over the Illini.
Penn State 24 illinois 21.
Phats- Would you want to be Illinois this week? Penn State comes to town after losing to Iowa again foiling their chance to stay in the top 5. The fighting Zooks put up a good fight, but come up short at home to the Nitts
PENN STATE 31 illinois 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE PENN S TATE 35 illinois 17
Shife = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
BIG GAME OF THE WEEK 1
Louisiana State Tigers at Georgia Bulldogs
Shife- Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! AAAAAHHH! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft on me to help me pick the right team.
Georgia 24 lousiana state 14.
Phats- This could be a good game, or a lousy one depending on which Georgia team shows up. If this were in Baton Rouge no doubt I would pick the Tigers, but it's in Georgia. I think the Dawgs feel like they have something to prove and upset the Tigers in front of a rocking home crowd
GEORGIA 35 lsu 31
EDIT FINAL SCORE LSU 20 georgia 13
Shife = D'oh
Phats = D'oh
BIG GAME OF THE WEEK 1A
Oklahoma Sooners at Miami Fla Hurricanes
Shife- There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when I went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man; I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. It was weird, I ... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that I spread my butt cheeks as Mike Honcho. That has absolutely nothing to do with the game but it felt good to get it out in the open.
Oklahoma
Phats- Is Miami back among the nation's elite?? That is yet to be seen, and will still be unanswered after the Sooners roll into and out of Miami with a big W. Lets face it the ACC is awful and even their top teams aren't that great, with the exception of Va Tech. Oklahoma pulls away late
OKLAHOMA 31 miami 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE MIAMI 21 oklahoma 20
Shife = D'oh
Phats = D'oh
Colorado State Rams at Idaho Vandals(Shife)
Shife- OK time to get serious since this my team or should continue using quotes from “Talladega Nights” to make my picks. Well I guess this next sentence will let you know what I decided. Dear 8 pounds, 6 ounces newborn infant Jesus, don't even know a word yet if you are not too busy with other stuff it would be nice to see my Vandals win. But I know you got a lot on your plate so I understand if it is not Idaho’s day.
Colorado State 31 idaho 17
Phats- Shife needs to have more faith in his team! I always pick Purdue even when they are a decided underdog, because they are my team and I bleed black and gold. I actually think Idaho will make a game of this, they are playing really well right now. I think however the Rams will clip them in the end
COLORADO STATE 31 idaho 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE IDAHO 31 colorado state 29
Shife = D'oh
Phats = D'oh
Northwestern Wildcats at Purdue Boilermakers(me)
Shife- And last but certainly not least it is my good friend Phats beloved Boilermakers. They have had a couple of tough losses the past few weeks but I think they are poised for nice bounce back win against Northwestern. You know why? Because they are winners. BTFU. That is how winners talk! If the Boilers were wussies then their mascot would have been named Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman! Go Boilers,
Purdue 35 northwestern 14.
Phats- Well, this is do or die for the Boilers, they are starting over with a clean slate in big ten play at 0-0. Northwestern is a tough team led by a tough coach and this will be a good game. 2 years ago we played them on Homecoming and were trailing going into the 4th quarter when famous Purdue alum Neil Armstrong led SHOUT and after that the Boilers came out and dominated! I see another close game, with the Boilers FINALLY sealing the deal at the end and bringing home the homecoming W!
PURDUE 31 northwestern 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE
NORTHWESTERN 27 purdue 21
Shife = D'oh
phats = D'oh
Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!
BTFU!!!


8 Comments:
Nice pick Phats. And I must say mine are not too shabby. Good luck this weekend. And I will pretend I did not see the comment about the Cubs on my blog.
Phats, I am so relieved that you didn't solicit my picks this time. Now I can sleep at night.
Boiler Up!
Shife- We agreed on most of the picks that makes us smart. haha and GO CUBS GO!
Tena- The season isn't over yet ;)
Oy.
We drive donkeys Shife!!
Tena- haha!
Angel Jr- you tell him!
Hey Phats! It was great seeing you at the castle. Thank you, Marley (my puppy) is the best. I am going to try coming around more often...sorry I have not been a very good blogger lately.
I hope your team wins.
You both were pretty close, the Steelers almost forgot that NFL games are 60 Minutes long!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home