Sunday, October 25, 2009

Back 2 Back wins baby

WOOHOO!! We won back to back games for the first time since 2007 after we knocked off the Fighting Illini 24-14 Saturday at Ross Ade Stadium. So the game wasn't all the exciting especially after beating the Buckeyes, but a win is a win! I was quite nervous because they scored first and I thought oh no here we go again a let down versus a sucky team Northern Illinois all over again. We answered right back though when our running back ripped off a 44 yard TD run. Oddly enough he was only in for that play because our starter lost his shoe on the play before! Next up a Halloween date with the Wisconsin Badgers at Camp Randall Stadium, we'll need all the tricks to bring home the treats!

As for the picks neither Topolk or I were on top of our game, but I don't think either of us care because our own teams won!
Topolk- 7-7
Phats- 8-6 (Overall 72-28)

Around College Football
So who's number 1? Last week Alabama leap frogged Florida, and now Florida has jumped them right back. These two could possibly do this the rest of the year until they meet, the question is if they are both undefeated in the SEC Title game, does the loser have enough power to still go to the title game??

Alabama should have lost, even Cheryl, Gary, and Booya can probably admit that. Any other SEC team and that is probably a loss on the Tide's record, but Tennessee just seems lost this year. I was surprised the ref didn't penalize Bama for their player taking off his helmet and celebrating while the last play of the game was still going on, but when you're #2 I guess you can get away with that. I think the 1 weakness I see in Alabama is they have no offense, or at least it's not very good. Sure Defense wins championships but when they run up against someone that can score(Florida and Tebow) they could be in some trouble.

I am actually convinced there isn't a GREAT team this year in college football. A lot of good teams but none of been outstanding like in years past.

Miami-Clemson was a GREAT and entertaining game! What a fun game to watch that was, and how shocking they play in the worst BCS conference in football. I found myself vocally cheering for Clemson as the game wore on, maybe it's because I don't like Miami much, that FIU brawl still stands out. Was glad Clemson won even though I didn't pick them.

Who goes to the BCS bowl game, TCU or Boise State? Is there room for both? I see TCU has jumped Boise State in the latest BCS standings. I think whoever doesn't get in should petition to take the ACC champs at large spot! Although I am worried that if Boise does get in it will be another "Hawaii" Go to a BCS game and get humiliated by real competition.

Can the Notre Lame fans PLEASE stop saying they are good? Look at it this way, we aren't a good football team this year and we should have beaten your sorry asses. I hate Lou Holtz, and I would like to punt that shriveled up raisin if given the chance GOD WHAT A HOMER!

Did I leave anything out, how'd your team do this weekend?

Anyone watch the Amazing Race?? Tonight's episode was really good, be warned if you watch and haven't yet don't read this. So the last thing the teams had to do tonight before checking in with Phil was go down a tall ass water slide, and we heard in a previous episode that Mika was scared of both water and heights(great combo right) anyway they were in next to last place with only the globetrotters behind them. As they were on top of the slide she literally lost her shit freaking out like nobody's business, the best part though was she was wearing FLOATIES! Have you ever seen an adult wear floaties?? It got so crazy that at one point I seriously thought her boyfriend who she is running the race with was going to throw her down the slide. He took her in his arms and started walking to the slide with her kicking and screaming "Help me, Help me!" It was classic! So anyway, usually on the Race when this happens it's edited to look like that team won't complete it but then they do, uhh not tonight! She just kept refusing her boyfriend kept yelling stuff like "a water slide is going to cost us to get eliminated" in the meantime the Globetrotters finally caught up, but they had to give Mika 2 mins to go down the slide. After she couldn't do it, game set match! They were eliminated by a water slide! It was for 1 million dollars I think I would somehow find the courage to go down a slide that was probably 40 secs long. I probably would have pushed her, I know I am a jackass, but 1 million dollars and my competitiveness would have gotten the better of me I am sure. I still can't believe she was wearing floaties to go down a water slide! I think that teams that sign up for this that are scared of heights or water either are dumb to think there won't be such tasks, or have never actually seen the show.

Nothing else for ya, have a great week!
Phats

4 Comments:

At 6:08 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

Let the record show....I watched football yesterday. Are you proud?

saw about a million commercials for the water slide drama on the amazing race, but didn't watch the show. I was siding with her by the way. Scary!! :)

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Bekah- Good for you!! The colts game? You should have watched it was great TV! I would have pushed her

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Bekah said...

yep - the colts!

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Well I am glad you and ToPolk's teams got some nice wins. I knew my Vandals were going to lose. I was just surprised by how much. Hopefully they can straighten the ship this weekend at home. Hope the Boilers keep on rolling. Take care my friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home