Let the madness begin
Sharing a picture from the rd 1 win over Northwestern the only game I went to of the big ten tournament, some of my friends doing their thing!

First off if you don't like sports sorry, but for awhile that's what is going to be posted here. The NCAA tournament kicked off Thursday at noon I for one am ready!! I have already taken 2 half days off Thursday and Friday to watch every second of it. The Boilermakers play Friday at 2:30 on CBS vs Siena out in Spokane Washington(even though we're in the South Region). So, lets talk about the bracket.
We got a 4 seed which I understand, but I am still a little pissed off about. Don't get me wrong though I actually really like our draw, and if we are fortunate to advance to the sweet 16 Duke doesn't scare me at all. Teams that bother us have a dominating center, and nobody in our path really has that. I don't care if we have Hummel or not I feel we deserved and earned no worse than a 3 no matter what happened. I see what they are saying that we aren't the same team yadda yadda yadda, but to punish a group of kids who put together a 27-5 season, had 4 wins over top ten teams, a high RPI, win streaks of 14 and 10, in my opinion is wrong. I feel like we should have gotten the three seed that was given to either New Mexico or Baylor but then again I wasn't part of the committee. If Purdue didn't play on ESPN so much I might boycott it, because their commentators are really pissing me off. It's like why even send our team to Washington to play we're just going to lose, and that douchebag Seth Davis saying wow a 13 will be favored over a 4. Look I know we laid a BIG egg against Minnesota, but when shots aren't falling what exactly are you suppose to do? Coach Painter did everything he could, he subbed, we played our normal defense, we just couldn't get GOOD open looks to fall that happens. How often is our best player going to go 1 for 15 in a game, not often? It's not like we were jacking up threes either, we were missing wide open lay ups that just rimmed out. Honestly this game might be a blessing in disguise now they are hell bent on showing that was a fluke, I wouldn't want to be Siena. Keep in mind the team with longest active first round winning streak of 11 is PURDUE.
Other bracket notes. Some puzzling things first off they seeded Duke a stronger 1 seed than Syracuse, uhh what? How does Wake Forest get in but Va Tech doesn't? I was shocked that both UTEP and Utah State got in exactly what have either of them done, yet teams like Mississippi State, Va Tech, and Illinois get left out? Talk about double shitter Illinois doesn't even get to host their first rd NIT game because they are booked for Cirque De Solie. The other head scratcher was Villanova a 2 seed?? Really??
Finally your brackets are due to me by WEDNESDAY no later I have received 2 so far. In order to post before the tournament starts I need them by Wednesday. If you have any ?'s feel free to ask, and best of luck to everyone! If you didn't have a team in the tournament this year I chose to draw names out of a bag to place you in your region.
Have a great week!! Weather is suppose to be gorgeous here this week can't wait especially since tennis season has started.
BOILER UP!
Phats


1 Comments:
I LIKE your friends, LMAO !!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home