Sunday, September 19, 2010

Put a bow on it and wrap it up

Wrapping up the football weekend. The Boilermakers won defeating the Ball State Cardinals and will take a 2-1 record into the last of a 3 game home stand with Toledo before a MUCH needed bye week. I sometimes have to laugh at Boilermaker fans, to me a win is a win is a win whether it's 100-0 or 3-0 but Purdue fans are so fickle, if we win it's never by enough, or didn't score enough I am just happy with a win, since this time last year we were 1-2. I am sticking to my prediction of a 6-6, or 7-5 season and a lot rides on that 6/7 wins on the Northwestern game coming up after our bye week. First things first though we need to get healthy before big ten season starts, man it sometimes seems like we're cursed when injuries are concerned. First we lost our #1 running back in April to a torn ACL, last week against WIU we lost our #1 receiver to a torn ACL/MCL. That's our top two playmakers right there. Then on the way to the game we hear our #2 running back is going to be in street clothes due to turf toe, and our #3 running back has a rib injury and is very limited, that left us with a grand total of 0 rb's for this game. Who did we use to rush the ball, guys from our receiving corps! Our starting QB Marve, it was said was throwing up just mins before kickoff and had been sick all morning yet played, until HE got dinged up tweaking his surgerically repaired knee. He seems fine though and will be able to play against Toledo, Coach Hope said he felt confident we had the game won, but if he didn't he would have put Marve back in for our backup. So, we are like the walking wounded right now. That's the other reason I wish our fans would give this team a break, lots of teams would lose a game like that with those injuries. By the way the best play of the day was a total fluke, our back up QB passed it was tipped by a BSU defender into the hands of our receiver 5 yards ahead of him who raced 76 yards for a touchdown. Great play!

As for the team, how can you not go with Michigan State? For many reasons I am selecting Sparty, but mostly because they not only beat those arrogant SOBs Notre Dame, they ripped their hearts out in stunning fashion. In OT MSU lined up to kick a tying field goal for a 2nd OT and faked it to perfection for a TD pass! What irritates me is ESPN allows that shriveled up raisin Lou Holtz to put his two cents the moron actually said Notre Dame defended the play to perfection, Uhh Lou the dude that caught the TD pass was so wide open the nearest ND person was a band member! I hate Holtz such a Homer. On a said note it was said MSU coach had a heart attack after the game, he said to make a full recovery, but thoughts and prayers go out to him. As for guest picking another week and one game eluded me from perfection, damn you herky!
Jef- 13-3
Phats- 15-1(43-4 overall)
And I was damn close on some scores! I have looked at the match ups for this week, some interesting games. Be sure to check back Thursday for picks I am going to pick a big upset. Also am working on lining up a guest picker, just waiting for a response.

Alright the non sports part of the blog!
I am really excited for Fall TV to return, yes I know I am a loser. I love TV though. Some shows have already started, some of my reality favorites of Survivor and Apprenctice. The last few years I have beem ho hum with Survivor, although Heroes vs Villians was a pretty good season, I wanted to watch this year to see how former Super Bowl Champion coach Jimmy Johnson would do, oh and if he'd hock extenze while on the island! After 1 episode I can see this being a show I DVR and fast forward thru quite a bit. Apprentice is back to the old format without celebs, but a celeb edition coming in the spring. I like this way, it's funny I can't stand Donald Trump but this is one of my favorite shows for sure. Of course Amazing Race starts next week I believe and I can't wait for that.

As for non reality tv, looking forward to trying Lonestar on Fox, it looks pretty decent, and Kris and I might try Mike and Molly on CBS, not sure if it will be good or just cheesy. Our favorite show, and date night show, returns on Tuesday, and that of course is Glee. Can't wait to see what and where they take us with Season 2, if you don't watch this show you are missing out, don't let the music fool you. The numbers are great, but this is a witty comedy that's well written. Sue Slyvester played by Jane Lynch just might be the best character on television right. What shows are you all looking forward to? Anything I am missing I should try?

Have a good start to another work week
Phats

2 Comments:

At 6:10 PM , Blogger Rocketstar said...

My Steelers pulled it off, great defense!

Can't wait for Amazing Race and Survivor is up and running, good tv.

 
At 2:37 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Looking forward to Amazing Race too. I watched Lone Star and liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Take care buddy and go Boilers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home