Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Time to Boiler Up Purdue fans

Welcome to week 4 of the Purdue football season, as this week our Boilermakers take on the Toledo Rockets at Ross Ade Stadium, with a noon kickoff on the Big Ten Network. This is the second straight year the Boilers and Rockets are set to tangle, hopefully with the same outcome a PURDUE VICTORY! As for our rash of injuries it's getting better, Marve(QB) and Dierking(RB) have been cleared to play, McBurse and our other runningback that has been out since spring are listed as day to day. Next week is our bye so that will be a good time to get healthy before heading into Big Ten play, don't worry though I have something special planned for the picks next week just because Purdue is off doesn't mean Phats slacks! :)

Teams that are off this week, Illinois, Kent State, Clemson, & Texas Tech. Onto the picks!

PRO GAME
Pittsburgh
Steelers(Rocket) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Phats- I would guess Steeler fans have to be pretty happy with being 2-0, another stiff road test, at least I think. My Junior year I cheered in Tampa's stadium at the Outback Bowl, it's a neat stadium. However, got to go with the Steelers on this one.
PITTSBURGH 28 tampa bay 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE PITTSBURGH 38 tampa bay 13
Phats- WOOHO

COLLEGE GAMES

Ohio Bobcats(Skii) at Marshall Thundering Herd
Phats- The biggest hit for Ohio last week wasn't delivered by a football player but their mascot who rushed the field and took out Brutus the Buckeye as he led OSU onto the field, and then continued to "ride" Brutus in the endzone. That's the most exciting thing for Ohio that will happen all year, the kid has been stripped of his mascot duties, but hey he has been all over the sports news. Marshall wins this one.
MARSHALL 35 ohio 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE MARSHALL 24 ohio 23
Phats- WOOHOO


Central Michigan
Chippewas at Northwestern Wildcats(Tena)

Phats- CMU has had some great teams over the years, and usually surprises a Big Ten team as last year it was Michigan State. Northwestern seems to keep rolling along after a nice road win over Rice last week, give me the cats in a closer than expected game
NORTHWESTERN 31 central michigan 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE NORTHWESTERN 30 cmu 25
Phats- WOOHOO


South Dakota State Jackrabbits at Nebraska Cornhuskers(Travis)
Phats- Can you say mismatch? Huskers will put this one away before halftime
NEBRASKA 55 south dakota state 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE NEBRASKA 17 sdsu 3
Phats- WOOHOO

Miami OH
Redhawks at Missouri Tigers(Tsofah)

Phats- I believe this week the Tigers cracked the top 25, not bad for a team that wasn't suppose to do much this year. I don't see Miami putting up much resistence
MISSOURI 31 miami 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE MISSOURI 51 miami 13
Phats- WOOHOO

UAB
Blazers at Tennessee Volunteers(Tiggy)

Phats- UT didn't play Florida too bad, the jury is still out on just how good the Gators are this year though. This will be a nice bounceback game for the Vols, but it won't be easy
TENNESSEE 31 uab 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE TENNESSEE 32 uab 29 2ots
Phats- WOOHOO

South Carolina
Gamecocks at Auburn Tigers(Heff)

Phats- Interested to see Cheryl's take on this one :) South Carolina has been playing pretty well, while I feel like Auburn has struggled. The Tigers are coming off a hard fought physical game last week, and I sense upset special here.
SOUTH CAROLINA 28 auburn 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE AUBURN 35 south carolina 27
Phats- D'oh

Idaho
Vandals(Shife) at Colorado State Rams

Phats- This is a nice road test for Shife's Vandals. In year's past Colorado State has had some nice teams, I don't believe that's the case anymore. Idaho has a shot to get a nice road win here, and I like Shife so give me the Vandals.
IDAHO 38 colorado state 35
EDIT FINAL SCORE COLORADO STATE 36 idaho 34
Phats- D'oh

West Virginia
Mountaineers(Angel Jr) at LSU Tigers

Phats- Boy the Big East DESPERATELY needs a signature win, it's pretty bad when the ACC looks good next to you! WVU is probably the best the Big East has, but going to LSU is never easy, look for the Tigers to take it to the Eers in this one
LSU 31 west virginia 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE LSU 20 west virginia 14
Phats- WOOHOO

Oregon State
Beavers at Boise State Broncos(Duck)

Phats- Well it seems like everyone in the country is rooting for Oregon State in this one, because it's probably Boise's last hurdle to an undefeated season. While most people think this will be a blowout I am not so sure, however Alabama's coach Saban gave them some added fuel to play with by ripping them recently. Gameday will be on hand, Boise won't disappoint but it will be closer than people think
BOISE STATE 31 oregon state 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE 37 oregon state 24
Phats- WOOHOO

UCLA
Bruins at Texas Longhorns(Gary, and Cheryl)

Phats- Texas is starting to pick up some nice steam, I know a lot of people picked them to lose to Tech. I know nothing about Left Coast teams, so I am going with Texas
TEXAS 35 ucla 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE UCLA 34 texas 12
Phats- D'oh

BIG GAME OF THE WEEK

Kentucky Wildcats
at Florida Gators

Phats- Since we are already picking both games that would be this game, this is the next best one I could find, and it's SEC for Cheryl. The Gators are somewhat of a mystery this year so far playing their first real competition with UK. If this were Cheerleading UK would dominate, but it's football, got to go with the Gators in the Swamp
FLORIDA 35 kentucky 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE FLORIDA 48 uk 14
Phats- WOOHOO

Alabama Crimson Tide
(Booya, Gary, Cheryl) at Arkansas Razorbacks

Phats- Cheryl, Gary, and I have a deal on big games I always pick against the Tide, so who am I to buck tradition. I do actually think this could be an upset, but everything has to go right for the Hogs for this to happen. Both are in the top ten so the atmosphere ought to be crazy, I think it comes down to a last second field goals, sending razorback fans into Hog Heaven
ARKANSAS 24 alabama 21
EDIT FINAL ALABAMA 24 arkansas 20
Phats- D'oh

Toledo
Rockets at Purdue Boilermakers(me)

Phats- We should end this 3 game home stand 3-0 taking our record to 3-1 going into the bye week, and that is just fine with me. We can't take the Rockets lightly afterall back in 1997 they beat us in Joe Tiller's first season, but that was at Toledo. Last year we steamrolled them in every category including the scoreboard, look for more of the same Saturday. Purdue's offense finally starts to click more and the Boilers go into their bye week happy. BOILER UP!
PURDUE 42 toledo 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE TOLEDO 31 purdue 20 UGH!
Phats- D'oh

Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!

BTFU!!!

5 Comments:

At 3:44 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I should make you handicap the flag football games I'm coaching. then again you would be right more times than not if you picked our opponent.

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

Oh no! Sorry Phats!

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger Duck said...

What's up with Purdue this year Phats? That one's gotta sting a little.

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

Amazing how the Steelers continue to win without Big Ben.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home