Thursday, September 30, 2010

Changing things up

First off I want to address Purdue football, we are in a bad bad spot right now. I hate to sound like I am complaining or blaming injuries but I seriously would like to see ANY team in the country overcome losing their #1 quarterback, #1 running back, and #1 wide receiver to torn ACL's. Listen injuries are part of the game, but it seems like we have had way more than our fair share. Lets not forget the Ball State game we didn't have a running back due to injuries. It sucks we're going to move on and hope somehow the troops rally. I still say we are cursed! Where is that damn goat.

So, while Purdue is off this week, I thought it would be fun to change things up and pick all the pro games and one college game(there were some good ones picking just one was hard) Part of the reason for the shake up, my guest picker this week is Rocket who is a big NFL fan, infact I think he is on 3 different fantasy teams. I would like to say I love football, but I am not that knowledgeable on the NFL haha. Onto the picks!

COLLEGE GAME
Alabama Crimson Tide(Booya, Gary, Cheryl) at Florida Gators
Rocket- The Gators take this home game in a squeeker 31 - 28

Phats- It's great to be a Florida Gator, as the saying goes paybacks a bitch. Gators will beat Alabama, and I think fairly easily. Alabama's coming off a tough physical game, their QB is running off at the mouth about Florida's QB. Tide is Gator Bait
FLORIDA 35 alabama 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE ALABAMA 31 florida 6
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- D'oh

PRO GAMES
San Fransico 49ers at Atlanta Falcons
Rocket- Atlanta 31 - 17

Phats- Falcons topped my Saints last week in a close one I don't see them dropping this one
FALCONS 35 49ers 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE FALCONS 16 49ers 14
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills
Rocket- Jets 27 - 24

Phats- Not a big fan of the Jets, but Dustin Keller is a Purdue grad and plays for them, so I have to pick them in this one.
JETS 28 bills 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE JETS 38 bills 14
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO

Cincinnati Bengals at Cleveland Browns
Rocket-
Cinci 38 - 24

Phats- OOO interstate battle. Don't the Browns suck?
BENGALS 28 browns 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE BROWNS 23 bengals 20
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- D'oh

Denver Broncos at Tennessee Titans
Rocket- Titans 17 - 14

Phats- Again the Purdue factor, Kyle Orton is Denver's QB, he had a great game against the colts, but came up on the short end. If he would have slid like he did against Indy in the UW gameday game he would have become an ICON at Purdue sigh.
BRONCOS 38 titans 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE BRONCOS 26 titans 20
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO

Houston Texans at Oakland Raiders
Rocket- Texans 34 - 21

Phats- TEXANS 31 raiders 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXANS 31 raiders 24
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO

Indianapolis Colts at Jacksonville Jaguars
Rocket- Indy 35 - 17

Phats- God I hate the Colts, and I hate Peyton Manning even more I think he's a douchebag for not shaking Drew Brees' hand after the super bowl last year. Therefore I can't pick them
JAGUARS 31 colts 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE JAGUARS 31 colts 28
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO(I CORRECTLY PREDICTED THE SCORE TOO!)

Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles
Rocket- Eagles 28 - 24

Phats- Know nothing about either of these teams.
EAGLES 31 redskins 28|
EDIT FINAL SCORE REDSKINS 17 eagles 12
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- D'oh

Chicago Bears at New York Giants
Rocket- Giants 17 - 14

Phats- The bears are due to lose they should have probably lost two by now, Eli will stop the bleeding in NY for one game at least
GIANTS 28 bears 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE GIANTS 17 bears 3
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO

MONDAY NIGHT GAME
New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins
Rocket- Pats - 28 - 24

Phats- I need the Patriots to be good again to beat the Colts. Come on Brady.
PATRIOTS 28 dolphins 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE PATRIOTS 41 dolphins 14

Seattle Seahawks(Duck) at St Louis Rams
Rocket-
Seattle 35 - 24

Phats- Gotta love Pete Carroll's enthusiasm
SEAHAWKS 38 rams 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE RAMS 20 seahawks 3
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- D'oh

Arizona Cardinals(Shife) at San Diego Chargers
Rocket- Chargers 38 - 24

Phats- I hate the Chargers because Rivers is a dick. Go Cardinals!
CARDINALS 31 chargers 28 ot
EDIT FINAL SCORE CHARGERS 41 cardinals 10
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- D'oh

Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers(Rocket)
Rocket- Packers roll 41- 24 (Packers are my second team int he NFL)

Phats- Detroit usually sucks, give me the Packers. Have you ever been to Detroit, not exactly the most comforting place to be at night, uhh don't walk alone
PACKERS 38 lions 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE PACKERS 28 lions 26
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO

Carolina Panthers(Topolk) at New Orleans Saints(Phats, Travis)
Rocket- Saints 27 - 10

Phats- So disappointed we missed that field goal last week, but don't worry Brees will lead us back to the promiseland! Carolina sucks, Saints will roll. WHO DAT!
SAINTS 44 panthers 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE SAINTS 16 panthers 14
Rocket- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers(Rocket)
Rocket- Steelers win at home in a tough battle 24 - 20

Phats- I have been impressed with what the Steelers have done without Big Ben, they will get another W over a solid Ravens team
STEELERS 28 ravens 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE RAVENS 17 steelers 14
Rocket- D'oh
Phats- D'oh

8 Comments:

At 11:52 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Well I can't dispute your logic with the Cardinals vs. Chargers pick. I would love it if they pulled that one out but I think it is going to be a loss for the Cards because their OB sucks. I really, really miss Kurt Warner.

 
At 11:59 PM , Blogger Phats said...

you know you can see him on dancing with the stars every mon :) haha

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger Duck said...

San Diego's gotta be pissed that they lost that Seattle game too. That's not going to help. :)

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

Way to go on the Jacksonville-Indy game. That was an incredible field goal almost 60 yards away.

BUT, looks like you've underestimted my RAMS baby! Total domination. Pete Carroll can shove his enthusiasm up his....

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

The Saints need to put down the mardi grad beads and start playing up to their potential before they give me a heart attack.

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Delta R. Vines said...

Shife, I agree with you. And, I think the Rams really, really miss the Kurt Warner from 2000!

This year seems to be a tight woved thread of unpredicatability.

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger Duck said...

Would you have picked the Alabama game differently had you noticed it was actually a home game for the Tide instead of Florida?

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Yes haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home