Back to college
Well after taking the week off of picking college games, it's back to school we go. I didn't do too bad picking pro games, I want to point out that not only did I pick the Jags to beat the Colts but actually got the score SPOT ON! Yeah, I am pretty impressive. As for our records
Phats- 9-6
Rocket- 8-7
Not bad for not really following the pro game other than the Saints. Now onto this weeks college games, the Boilers travel to Evanston to take on the Northwestern Wildcats in our big ten opener. It's a night game and could be a long game depending on what team shows up. We have lost our #1 QB, #1 RB, #1 WR and now #2 WR to injuries, so who knows what the hell is going to happen, so we'll see. Picking with me this week is Delta who is a friend of Bekah's who is a friend of mine in real life. She is a backer of the Missouri Tigers, and Illinois Fighting Illini, my guess is she'd pick Mizzou over Illinois, but not sure maybe we should ask her :) Oh yeah Phoenix I will start picking the Rams next week! Onto the picks
Teams that are off Pittsburgh Steelers, Idaho, & Texas
Akron Zips at Kent State Golden Flashes(DG)
Delta- It's hard to tell if the Akron-Kent State is "just" a friendly game of football; or the beginnings of the first civil war between two towns in one state! Trusting that they will play football, and not just hurling jabs or insults; it looks to be a pretty good game just for the atmosphere alone. Akron has not faired well this year so far. Kent State has done quite well of late, and in past match ups with Akron. So, I agree with D.G - my pic: Kent State
Phats- Hmm this could be the pillow fight of the week, Kent State has 1 win, Akron 0 could the Zips get in the win column, don't think so
KENT STATE 14 akron 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE KENT STATE 28 akron 17
Delta- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Toledo Rockets at Boise State Broncos(duck)
Delta- Boise State has not lost a home game since 2008. Case closed. Duck can happily "quack up" knowing I pick Boise State!
Phats- Watch out for those Rockets they are sneaky, and their mascot is a girl! My prediction Boise will roll, and some power conference team will jump them again
BOISE STATE 55 toledo 3
EDIT FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE 57 toledo 14
Delta- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Bowling Green Falcons at Ohio Bobcats(Skii)
Delta- What is with the "inner-state" games this week? :-) Simply put, the Bobcats have better stats than Falcons. I have to agree with Skii. my pic: Bobcats
Phats- Did everyone see the Bobcat mascot tackle Brutus the OSU mascot a few weeks ago, I believe that's still the best tackle by anyone on Ohio's campus. I don't know much about either team, so I am going with the home team.
OHIO 28 bowling green 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE OHIO 49 bowling green 25
Delta- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Baylor Bears at Texas Tech Red Raiders(jef & Fuzz)
Delta- Another "inner-state" collegiate football game Bears are playing better than the Raiders, who lost their last two games. Sorry Jef and Fuzz - my pic: Baylor Bears
Phats- Baylor is actually having a decent season, an upset here wouldn't surprise me one bit. Tech is strong at home though and will pull out a close one.
TEXAS TECH 31 baylor 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS TECH 45 baylor 38
Delta- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO
Tennessee Volunteers(Tiggy) at Georgia Bulldogs
Delta- Both teams are struggling (an understatement on my part). Georgia has the luxury of being at home on this one. Yet, the Volunteers may be a bit hungrier to win. Either way, it's going to be a close, low scoring game. So close, in fact, I flipped a coin - and (sorry Tiggy!) my pic: Bulldogs
Phats- What the hell has happened to Georgia? 1-4? UGH! We knew Tennessee was going to be bad, but did we see this coming for the Dawgs? UT has to be heartbroken over their loss to LSU, that doesn't bode well. UGA in a thriller
GEORGIA 28 tennessee 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE GEORGIA 41 tennessee 14
Delta- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Nebraska Cornhuskers(Travis) at Kansas State Wildcats
Delta- Huskers are 5-0, Kansas State 4 - 0, so it looks pretty even. I like the Wildcats (sorry Travis!) my pic: Wildcats
Phats- One of the candidates to jump Boise if they keep rolling. This will be a tough test, and in the olden days this was a great rivalry, K-State has fallen off some though. Nebraska is now our Big Ten Brothers, got to go with the Huskers
NEBRASKA 31 kansas state 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE NEBRASKA 48 k-state 13
Delta- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO
Clemson Tigers(Topolk) at North Carolina Tar Heels
Delta- The Tarheels have consistently beaten the Tigers. Those 'in the know" are picking The Tarheels to win. So, I'm siding with Topolk and picking the Tigers to win. Why? Tigers are the underdogs, Tigers will play harder while NC just might have their guard down. Besides, I like stripped kittehz! my pic: Tigers
Phats- Clemson coming off a tough loss to Miami, and the Tigers were my sleeper to win the ACC to do that they can't lose again. UNC has gotten off to a tough start, and will take a lead late into the 4th before the Tigers behind their way too energetic coach make a crazy comeback and steal one from the Heels
CLEMSON 38 north carolina 31
EDIT FINAL SCORE NORTH CAROLINA 21 clemson 16
Delta- D'oh
Phats- D'oh
UNVL Rebels at West Virginia Mountaineers(Angel Jr)
Delta-Mountaineers just finished a "bye" week, well rested. Both Devine and Smith are excellent players for West Virginia (Devine the better of the two). UNLV has a record of 1-4 - not the most encouraging record right now. That taken into consideration, Angel Jr will be on cloud nine that my pick is WV Mountaineers.
Phats- I like West Virginia's chances in this one, pull the starters before the end of the 3rd quarter type game
WEST VIRGINIA 33 unlv 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE WEST VIRGINIA 49 unlv 10
Delta- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Auburn Tigers(Heff) at Kentucky Wildcats
Delta- This one is a harder call. I like the Wildcat's Cobb and Locke's "get 'er done" attitudes that enabled Kentucky to beat Auburn last year. This year, however, Auburn has a new quarterback in Cam Newton and a 5-0 record (so far). Cobb and Locke hasn't done as well for Kentucky this year in terms of 3-2 record. Given that, I'm going with Heff's Auburn Tigers as my pic.
Phats- Tough road game for Auburn, but they will stay undefeated for at least one more week
AUBURN 28 kentucky 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE AUBURN 37 kentucky 34
Delta- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Alabama Crimson Tide(Gary, Chery, Booya) at South Carolina Gamecocks
Delta- Alabama is ranked 1st, with a 5-0 record. Sneak and Ingram were impressive last week. South Caroline is ranked at 19. There are three (3) people Phats knows on this list who like Alabama. :-) Yep, you guess it - I pick Crimson Tide to win.
Phats- I am picking against Bama, look I have nothing against Cheryl, Gary, or Booya, but most of the Bama fans are just plain arrogant, infact Fox Sports ranked them just below ND as the most arrogant fanbase. Hello Bear Bryant is dead! Gamecocks pull off a stunner
SOUTH CAROLINA 24 alabama 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE SOUTH CAROLINA 35 alabama 21
Delta- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO
BIG GAME OF THE WEEK
Michigan State Spartans at Michigan Wolverines
Delta-Here I go again - another "innerstate" game! Talk about a week of "sibling rivalry"! Both team are 5-0. Spartans are ranked 18; Wolverines are ranked 17. Wolverines have RIch Robinson and Spartans have Kirk Cousins. It seems the only way to pick on this one is to do a coin toss, So, ready?
Sorry, "Snobs", but my coin toss says I am picking the Wolverines this week!
Phats- Apparently Tsofah doesn't like MSU haha. I think we find out just how real Mr Robinson is this week, as he finally faces a good defense. MSU's coach who suffered a heart attack after that ND game will be back and in the press box, that's enough inspiration for MSU to pull this off in the Big House and bring home the Paul Bunyan traveling trophy
MICHIGAN STATE 35 michigan 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE MICHIGAN STATE 34 michigan 17
Delta- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO(DAMN I WAS CLOSE!)
Illinois Fighting Illini(Tsofah) at Penn State Nittany Lions
Delta- they beat the crap out of Illini a lot, but with a name like "Nittany Lions", I think they should beat the crap out of whoever gave them that name! Forget the stats and analysis - cause I probably should pick Penn State. But NOOOOooooooo, I must stick with the Fighting Illini!
Phats- I think that Illinois will hang around and make the folks in Happy Valley uncomfortable right until the bitter end, but won't have enough to get the upset here. PSU in a close one
PENN STATE 21 illinois 13
EDIT FINAL SCORE ILLINOIS 33 penn state 13
Delta- WOOHOO
Phats- D'oh
Colorado Buffaloes at Missouri Tigers(Tsofah)
Delta- undefeated: It's the Buffaloes' final Big 12 game (boo hiss!), with a record of 3-1. My Kittehz, ahem, I mean Tigers, are 4-0, but haven't played in a couple of weeks. That could either help or hinder them. BUT, because they are one of my favs, and because they are playing pretty stinking good lately, I pick the KITTEHZ! Uh, er, make that MIZZOU Tigers!!!
Phats- First off Colorado loses points in my book for rushing the field after beating a 1-4 Georgia team, that's something our sister school to the south(iu) would do in any sport, LOSERS. For that alone I have to pick Missouri
MISSOURI 41 colorado 28
EDIT MISSOURI 26 colorado 0
Delta- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Purdue Boilermakers(me) at Northwestern Wildcats(Tena)
Delta-Purdue is 2-2 and Northwestern is 5-0. Wildcats stats are better than Boilermakers. Phats, sorry, but Tena is gonna like me because I'm picking the Wildcats to win.
Phats- Ugh my heart says the Boilers my head says the Wildcats. We are really banged up, and I know people say that's not an excuse but it really is. I don't think any team in the country could win with the injuries we suffered. I, however am keeping the hope watching the Cats play a bad Minnesota team they are vulernable, and if we can jump on them early who knows. Maybe our new QB a redshirt Freshman will surprise everyone have a huge game. Who knows right? BOILER UP HAMMER DOWN
PURDUE 28 northwestern 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE PURDUE 20 northwestern 17 HELL YA!
Delta- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO(ON CLOUD 9!!!)
Phats- Apparently Tsofah doesn't like MSU haha. I think we find out just how real Mr Robinson is this week, as he finally faces a good defense. MSU's coach who suffered a heart attack after that ND game will be back and in the press box, that's enough inspiration for MSU to pull this off in the Big House and bring home the Paul Bunyan traveling trophy
MICHIGAN STATE 35 michigan 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE MICHIGAN STATE 34 michigan 17
Delta- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO(DAMN I WAS CLOSE!)
Illinois Fighting Illini(Tsofah) at Penn State Nittany Lions
Delta- they beat the crap out of Illini a lot, but with a name like "Nittany Lions", I think they should beat the crap out of whoever gave them that name! Forget the stats and analysis - cause I probably should pick Penn State. But NOOOOooooooo, I must stick with the Fighting Illini!
Phats- I think that Illinois will hang around and make the folks in Happy Valley uncomfortable right until the bitter end, but won't have enough to get the upset here. PSU in a close one
PENN STATE 21 illinois 13
EDIT FINAL SCORE ILLINOIS 33 penn state 13
Delta- WOOHOO
Phats- D'oh
Colorado Buffaloes at Missouri Tigers(Tsofah)
Delta- undefeated: It's the Buffaloes' final Big 12 game (boo hiss!), with a record of 3-1. My Kittehz, ahem, I mean Tigers, are 4-0, but haven't played in a couple of weeks. That could either help or hinder them. BUT, because they are one of my favs, and because they are playing pretty stinking good lately, I pick the KITTEHZ! Uh, er, make that MIZZOU Tigers!!!
Phats- First off Colorado loses points in my book for rushing the field after beating a 1-4 Georgia team, that's something our sister school to the south(iu) would do in any sport, LOSERS. For that alone I have to pick Missouri
MISSOURI 41 colorado 28
EDIT MISSOURI 26 colorado 0
Delta- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Purdue Boilermakers(me) at Northwestern Wildcats(Tena)
Delta-Purdue is 2-2 and Northwestern is 5-0. Wildcats stats are better than Boilermakers. Phats, sorry, but Tena is gonna like me because I'm picking the Wildcats to win.
Phats- Ugh my heart says the Boilers my head says the Wildcats. We are really banged up, and I know people say that's not an excuse but it really is. I don't think any team in the country could win with the injuries we suffered. I, however am keeping the hope watching the Cats play a bad Minnesota team they are vulernable, and if we can jump on them early who knows. Maybe our new QB a redshirt Freshman will surprise everyone have a huge game. Who knows right? BOILER UP HAMMER DOWN
PURDUE 28 northwestern 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE PURDUE 20 northwestern 17 HELL YA!
Delta- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO(ON CLOUD 9!!!)
Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!


5 Comments:
I agree it was pretty lame for Colorado fans to rush the field after beating what looks like an awfully pathetic Georgia team. They haven't had much to celebrate since Dan Hawkins got there though, so I can't complain too much.
Go Big Red!
Good luck this weekend against Northwestern, Phats. I hoping all the headlines say "Holy Toledo" after the Rockets upset the Donkeys but I doubt that it is going to happen. I am a dreamer though and one day the dream will become a reality.
I'd like to see Purdue win, if only to bring a smile to Phat's face! :-D
Phat's SMILING!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home