Saturday, August 11, 2007

Well, I am not broke

So, just back from the big gambling day today. It was fun and the big news, ready for this Phats came back a WINNER! I won 320 bucks baby, and most of it on the last machine of the night. After getting back to even with some Blackjack, we were getting ready to leave and sat down at a slot and just kept winning and winning, and my brother in law said you should cash out, and I listened and won. I still am wondering had I kept playing would I have hit more? All and all it was a pretty good day we went to Caesars down south, It was a great day, especially when you win! I am such a cheap bastard though as much as I wanted to tempt the fates I was ready to quit at 200$

I have really been in a reading mood lately, I finished my book "Dark Horse" the other day and chose to start my new one "Alibi Man" both by Tammy Hoag. I found myself not wanting to put down Dark Horse, and now the same thing with the new one. It's basically the same characters so that helps. Maybe I am trying to get in as much reading as I can before school starts back up and I have to go back to work :( I am hoping the heat breaks before Wednesday when Junior High tennis season kicks in. I am also very excited because I got my season tickets for Boilermaker football in the mail Friday! I can't wait baby!

So, what did everyone do for their weekend? Anything fun or exciting? Angel I saw your tag and if you don't care going to skip this one. Nobody on blogger knows my name and I prefer to keep it like that ha, well other then Nutz.

Alright your Purdue clip for today, comes from the 1998 Alamo Bowl. We were playing #4 Kansas State, and they were pissed because some big bowls didn't select them. It was a crazy game, and we were down 4 with a minute to go and Drew Brees worked his magic once again leading us back to victory. I was fortunate to be on the field for this one as well, still get goosebumps. Enjoy the clip! 21 days and counting, and my season tickets came Friday which ALWAYS gets me excited. I know Cheryl had mentioned being a guest picker, I will be doing that again this year, I will be looking for some of you to help with that! If you'd like to volunteer let me know.
BTFU!

21 Comments:

At 11:49 PM , Blogger cher said...

wow, i can't believe i watched that. football blows.
congratulations on your win!! that's awesome! now you can afford to come visit us!
I haven't done any reading lately. i think i am inspired to pick up a book.

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger cher said...

or you could buy a phone.

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Cher- Football is so awesome, and thanks, but I actually already spent my winnings! I bought dinner and putting the rest in the bank

 
At 12:01 AM , Blogger cher said...

putting it in the bank is not spending it.

 
At 6:56 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

So you'll be buying belated birthday gifts for Nutz and me now????

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Congrats Phats! You have always been a winner by me!
Enjoy your day, enjoy your reading!

 
At 7:17 AM , Blogger DaBich said...

Where do you gamble??? I'm not familiar with Indiana State gambling locations. But congratulations!

I love football, but HOCKEY is the REAL sport ;)

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

That was an AWESOME clip!! I even got goosebumps!!!! :-)I LOVE come from behind wins. Those were some great passes from Brees. I am SO ready for football! My season tickets came in the mail this past week too!!!!! There was a huge increase in requests this year and the media was saying some regular ticket holders wouldn't get theirs, but we did!! YaY!!!!

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

no worries dude- i said you were tagged if you felt like it! and who says the one i did was my actualt middle name, eh...?
love the video!

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

casinos scare the bejeebers outta me... i've only ever been once and i lost 50 bux!

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Pixie said...

The drinks are on you then ?

=)

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger Gunngirl said...

Cool net of cash! glad you got out while the gettin' was good.

 
At 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to gamble =(

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger JM said...

Nice. I've never won gambling!

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Just glad to hear you did not loose all your money. There is one thing that I am very glad I dont like and that is Gambling. I hate it and alway's sulk if I loose, albeit only R50.00, but when I was in Vegas I took a chance on the 1cent machines and with my first spin won $342.00 - I stopped right there and then.

Had an uneventful weekend - was busy being sick with flu!

Take Care

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

I played singles for the first time in four years, an actual match. I learned that I am very out of shape. We split sets before quitting - I got blasted in the first set 6-1.

But at least I finished strong, taking the second set 6-3. The dude was aggressive - always at the net and keeping me on my heels.

I need to play more singles.

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Oh yeah, I didn't comment on the casinos. I try and stay away from them. I think I could get addicted!!! LOL Gary and I went to some in Aruba on our honeymoon and I just couldn't get over the fact that they kept giving me free drinks. I was loving it!!!! LOL (Of course, Gary told me they did thta for everyone --especially those of us who looked a little naive! ha!) I would love to go to Vegas for a weekend sometime, though!

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger Skiingred said...

Ceasar's is a cool place -- last time we were there, the hotel AC and power was mysteriously out. What a convenient way to get people into the casino! Congrats on your win - I know it's hard to come out with more than you went in.

Oh - and shameless plug for my blog -- check out the Duct tape video!

:)

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

So can I borrow some money? I need some gas money for my road trip to the first Vandal game. Yeah we are playing USC. Should be a good one. Starting the year off against the #1 team.

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey Phats! Have a wonderful Wednesday!
~xo
Lee Ann

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Congrats on the good luck. I'm with Pixie. Looking forward to that free drink.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home