Saturday, June 23, 2007

Just some updates

Hello everyone
Well, we have gone from no rain to only rain. I got up at 10am, and it was raining, and it's still raining now. We REALLY needed the rain though, and I know the farmers appreciated it. I had to cancel two classes of summer tennis though which sucks, because then I have to work on Fridays. I guess the heat is returning next week as well, upper 90's and the most humid it's been all year. Great! Well this is really just a post to update you all on some things.

First my grandma. Thank you all for the well wishes, she is doing really good. She is almost a week and a half into having the knee and so far so good. My aunt and cousins drove in from Georgia to stay with her and help out, and they left yesterday and that made her sad, but other then that she is doing great. She goes to rehab 3 times a week, and if I am not working I have always gone with her. Her therapist is named James, and she said to me "he's cute!" ha. Anyway she goes thru several exercises, 30 leg lifts with a 2lb weight, doing a stationary bike, and walking. I am amazed how well she has done, I know she'd really like to walk without a walker. So, thanks again for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers.

Update on me, I switched to Fort Wayne for my doctor appointments. I called in late May, and since they had just opened asked me if I could come there for my first appointment in June. So, I headed there this past Thursday. For those of you who don't know I hate my 1 yr so I was dreading this all week, and was stressed out. It actually turned out to be a great appointment. The drive was actually shorter then it was to IU Med, and I didn't have to wait! They decreased one of my medications from 100 mg to 75 mg. I lost 4 lbs, my cholesterol was excellent so I left feeling pretty good. The only thing I hate about the medication decrease is once I start then I have to get blood work done 1 week from when I start, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months. That is a pain getting appointments, because where I go the ladies are very crabby.

My foot is doing MUCH better, my friend Jen was right on with the exercises and icing, and I haven't really played tennis. I am playing tomorrow*weather permitting* So we'll see how it goes. My friend Nikki and I have entered a mixed doubles tournament in a week, so we need some practice. She is a Physical Therapist and is going to bring a butter knife and cocoa butter and said she can take care of my foot, makes me a little nervous!

Well, that's all I got. Have a good one
Phats

19 Comments:

At 10:28 PM , Blogger L said...

We are almost 8 inches below on rain so please send it my way.

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Glad to hear Grammy and your foot are doing so well!!! :)

We've been getting rain here and there, but I don't think we're supposed to get any more until later this week. And like you, it's supposed to be in the 90's as well. YEA!!!

I think I might be a little nervous about the cocoa butter and butter knife too. As for your blood draws, if you think of the alternative, I wouldn't be typing this right now to you! Oh and I think I found your 4lbs....want them back?! :D

 
At 3:47 PM , Blogger Gunngirl said...

How old is granny again? Those exercises sound pretty tough. Glad your appoint. went okay. Since you play tennis you actually get some phys. excercise. Me? Well, I walk, but that's about it. Sounds like you're in great shape.

We haven't hit upper 90's (thank god), but it's been raining a bit and staying in the upper 70's. But it gets cold at night. I put back on flannel PJ's last night! Either way, The weather has been juuuust right. lol.

Have a good week.

 
At 4:24 PM , Blogger Big Pissy said...

We're WAY below on rain, too! :(

Glad to hear your grandmother is doing better. :)

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Good news that you and your family are doing well. I am certainly not envious of your weather especially since that humidity is probably in full force right now. Take care my friend, and just think we are only a little over 2 months away from college football.

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger cher said...

already knew about the foot, but i was so glad to hear about your grandma! that is awesome news!



knock knock... haha, just kidding.

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Glad to hear about your grandma! :)

Sorry you have to put up with crabby ladies. It should be a company policy to be nice at all times esp. when they are taking your blood.
Next time if they are crabby with you look at her and say so your my chosen vampire for today. LOL :)

Have a great day and week and have fun playing tennis.

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Cinderella said...

I would be nervous too if a friend of mine (who was a therapist) said she was going to bring a knife and some Coco-Butter and work on my foot!! *Insert little girly whimper*


I am happy to see that your doctor's appointment went well! Sorry to hear that the vampires at your blood building are crabby. There's nothing worse then crabby vampires!

The rain is here also..looks like all week we will have rain or possible severe storms. There goes my tan!! *Grumble*

Have a good one Phato! (I meant that) =P

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

i'm glad you're staying off your foot so it can heal- i hope its okay by the time you play your doubles games...
yay for your granny!

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

and we have another cold front to look forward to...

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Oh man, we are having the same problems with rain.We are under drought conditions. Yuck!!
Good look with the tennis tournament. I know you guys will do great!!

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

You never called about tennis on Sunday....

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger Fated said...

You must be getting the same weather as us lately! It FINALLY stopped raining. Yesterday was the first nice day we'd had in weeks.

Glad to hear your grandma is doing well!

Make sure to take care of that foot!

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

hey hoppy, how's it going?!?! :D

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger cher said...

too bad you are fat and ugly.

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger JM said...

Hey buddy,
I just stopped by to see how you were doing.
Good on you for dropping four pounds and also having your cholesterol go down.
Your grandmother sounds like a really sweet lady.

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Hiya Phats!!

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Lori- We've had 3 days of nonstop rain

DG- NO you can keep the 4 lbs!

GG- she is 83 and she is 1 tough cookie

Pissy- you can have some of our rain

Shife- GOD i can't wait til college football

Cher- thanks! HA that is so funny, such a great inside joke

Beading- it's not actually the women drawing the blood it's the secretaries

Shannon- Yea the knife thing wasn't too sure about, especially since I know this girl well haha

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Angel- my foot is just OK, but I am a strong guy i'll live

Angel2- I am sick of rain don't mind the heat

Cheryl- thanks! Are you ready for Bama vs Purdue HELL YA!

Bekah- Should have we didn't have 4th

Fated- Tomorrow is suppose to be our rain break for awhile finally

DG2- I am tired and cranky

Cher- WTF!? ha you voted me sexiest blogger alive

Angel- I was happy with dropping the lbs for sure!!

Beading- HI!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home