Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I love country music night on Idol!

First off, I think we all need to remember the people out in Virginia, and at Virginia Tech University. What they are going thru right now is horrible, and nobody should have to experience that kind of senseless violence. So please keep students, staff, and loved ones of theirs in your thoughts, hearts, and prayers. Oddly enough this whole incident happened almost on the anniversy of Columbine, we'll people ever learn?

OK I have had a craptastic night so I have to say American Idol was my saving grace tonight. I was so psyched to get home(just in time) to see it. For starters, I love Martina McBride, and I can't wait to see her peform, and most of you know I love country music. I, like Bekah wondered how the super 7 would handle this genre, but surprisingly they mostly did well. This will also be a very telling result show, because if Sanjaya isn't even in the bottom three then we're in big trouble. Anyway, on with the highlights, and lowlights of the show. Phil tonight really surprised me, I have not really been a fan of his lately but he did a good job, with a song I really like and I am glad the judges were nice to him. The performance of the night though was by Jordin, she was just amazing! I totally agreed with Simon when he said she finally showed she can win it. Then we get to Mr Sanjaya, the dorag look was a little better. He was horrible big surprise, however I was totally pissed off and yelling at my tv at Ryan STUPID Seacrest. Simon is totally blasting the kid left and right it was awesome and Seacrest tries to stop him. What a damn idiot, he isn't a major part of the show you're a freaking host so shut the hell up, and let Simon continue to attack the loser! I know that sounds bad, but I told you I had a bad night. The other surprise for me tonight was Lakesha, she was just BLAH. She chose the wrong song, I agreed with the judges. My top three for the night
Jordin
Melinda
Phil
Bottom three(based on performance)
Sanjaya
Chris
Lakesha
Bottom three on who I think will end up there
Phil
Chris
Sanjaya
I have a bad feeling that Sanjaya stays and Phil goes home, sorry Bekah! I hope I am wrong.

So, tonight we had our first tennis match where we actually had a shot to win. This is coming off a 5-0 drubbing in winds that were just intense. I was so furious the whole bus ride home I barely spoke because I was afraid of what I might say. Tonight I challenged the girls to be more competitive. We have had 4 matches now and I have had 4 different line ups, and I started to feel like I found my line up I liked. Anyway, we lose 2 quick points at 1 singles, and 3 singles. No problem we're hanging in at 2 singles, and the doubles spots. All three going three sets. Our 1 Doubles team is down 1-4, and make this great comeback, and on the winning point to get it to 3-4 one of my girl goes down, immediately in tears. Bad sprained ankle we have to forfeit the match and that gave our opponents 3 points so they win, and naturally we win the 2 singles, and 2 doubles matches. I think I am cursed this season. I love this group they are very nice girls, they just don't have that killer instinct they need. Now I have to find someone to replace the girl with the bad sprain for tomorrow night, and we only had 12 players to begin with. UGH I hate losing, and losing that way really sucks!

Well, I am going to relax now and play some cards! Have a good one
Phats
By the way BEKAH, I know you and Carly are now teaming up on me, NOT falling for it, nope I wasn't born yesterday. Besides Carly gave you up at the tennis match tonight!

22 Comments:

At 7:00 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

Well I have never been mentioned so many times in one post here in your world! I feel honored - and slightly picked on. :) I can't believe our bottom 3 picks matched. That may be a first.

And about Carly...we'll have to talk.

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I like american idol, I havent been able to watch any of it this year, apart for 5 minutes.
What I really miss watching is "Lost" I love it, and have watched up to season 2, I noticed season 3 is out here but I think i've missed too much to catch up now, boo hooo. Hopefully it will be on dvd in the near future.

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger Pixie said...

Its very sad about VA, I expect there will be a big clamp down now all over the country.

I havent been watching AI everyone seems to be raving about this Sanjaya theough.

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

Can you believe I missed AI last night!!??!! And of all nights too!! The husband unit was watching Law and Order! Grrrrrrrr!!!

I am watching Martina sing tonite, that's for sure! I will cut off his hand tonite, I chit you not!!

 
At 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not followed Idol since season 2. And I am not a country fan but my hubby is so it is a constant battle.

We are addicted to playing Mexican poker. We card game do you play?

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

I hope Sanjaya goes tonight too. My top 3 are identical to yours.

I keep forgetting you have girls in the Spring. Here in Missouri, girls tennis is in the fall.

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Bekah- Oh wow I am anxious to hear this now! haha although still think you all are pulling my leg

Carmel- I bet you can rent it, that's what Nutz does

Pixie- Raving as in stark raving mad he is still on! haha

Shannon- I can't believe you missed it! Damn your hubby, it was pretty good, I can't wait either to see Martina

Mimi- What is Mexican Poker? I love all Card games. Euchre, hearts, hold em, Gin, Speed, you name it.

Phoenix- Yep we get this lovely spring weather, it's so much fun. We have a match tonight but it looks like rain.

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Ooh ooh, can I be the replacement player? All you have to do is teach me how to play tennis!

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Fated said...

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by the horrors yesterday at Virginia Tech.

So all this American Idol business. I heard that there is a whole mess of people who are going on and voting for Sanjaya even though he is apparently terrible. Do you think he will win because of this?

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger josh williams said...

I got Sanjaya posters for sale! Not.

 
At 6:01 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

No we will never learn Phats. No matter what we do people will hurt other people no matter how many safeguards we have in place. It is reprehensible that these cowards must hurt so many others because they can't deal with their own issues or anger.
And good luck to your tennis team. They have a good coach and you will get them going in the right direction.

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Cara Bara said...

Go comets!

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Sanjaya is FINALLY gone! Woo hoo!

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Big Pissy said...

Yeah, Sanjaya has been put out of his misery.

Poor kid.

He never should have been in the top twelve.

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Woo Hoo... thank GOODNESS that Sunjaya finally got voted off. I felt, though, that his time was nearing an end. I was right; yay!!!!
I agree that Jordin was the best this week. Her voice was perfect for that song!!! I also liked Melinda's take on her song. It finally felt like se was singign something "young". I loved hearing a Rascal Flatts song, but Chris did NOT do it well!!
I really have thisfeeling that Jordin's gonna take it all home, with Jordin/Melinda/Blake being the final 3.
Hope you have a great weekend!!!

 
At 3:33 PM , Blogger Fated said...

Oh nevermind he was kicked off lol

 
At 2:41 AM , Blogger that girl possessed said...

boo!

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

i can't say i am a fan of country music or idols (never watched it)...
so how you going to turn your team into killers?

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Burr- you have to buy the uniform!

Fated- He is FINALLY gone woohoo

Josh- Ha you might have made some money

Shife- I am not thinking this year the girls will get going at all, oh well we'll keep trying

Nutz- HELL YA!

Burr- HELL YA

Pissy- I agree totally

Cheryl- I agree Chris Butchered that Rascal Flatts song damn him. I am hoping it's Jordin/Melinda

Fated- YEP!!

TGP- What are you booing?

Angel- Bring 4 Freshmen next year that are great.

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Hey Phats!!
My girls LOVE the song you have playing today!!! They--and, well, really all of us--get it in our heads and we can't stop singing it!!! lol
We did good this weekend. Delaney's team came in second in a pretty big tournament!! Hoping Gary will put some pics up sometime today!!

 
At 8:06 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

I am hoping Jordin wins!

Have a great week Phats!
~xo

 
At 4:43 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

i've been reading so much about idols on blogs- i've never watched any of them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home