How I spent my spring break, by Phats
Sadly spring break is over and it's back to work for yours truly tomorrow, BOO!! Why is it this week always goes so fast. When I was in HS I was always happy to go back, because it meant the end of school was nearing. Before I go into my spring break plans, did everyone have a nice Easter?
So, for my spring break I had planned on doing as little as possible, sleeping alot, reading, and visiting with my family. I did most of that. My aunt flew in from Georgia, and her Daughter, Son in law, and granddaughter all drove. If you ask me my Aunt got the best of that deal for sure. They were coming to see my Grandma, and since they were here they came to my nephews 4 year birthday party. My nephews are twins, and they turned 4 over spring break. They had their party at a BIG swingset place that rents out for parties. It was fun, I spent most of the night sitting on a swing with my grandma, but of course the kid in me came out and I had to go down one slide. It was funny because I about bit it. I think the twins were on overload from all their gifts, and all the cake they ate. In all I think it was a successful birthday and my sister is probably glad to have it over with for another year.
The first part of the week was spent mostly with my relatives who came into town. We played tons of cards, mostly hearts. I get too greedy in that game though and always feel like I can run them no matter what I have. Not a good strategy. We taught my grandma, and 2nd cousin how to play, my grandma kept confusing it with pinnacle. My grandma is so funny, she is convinced that because the wrapper says 45% less fat that 3 musketeers are good for her. I wish it worked that way. Spring Break also happened to be over my grandma's birthday and she at age 83 demanded a party. I think mostly because this has been a really shitty year for our family, and that was her way of picking things up. So, we had a party for her, with a cake and presents. She got a new dishwasher we all went in on that, and some small things as well. Then the Georgia relatives went home midweek.
I finally got to sleep in, and boy did I! I pretty much was a lazy bum, stayed on the couch watching tv the rest of my break. I had no choice really we got hit with an arctic blast. It has snowed twice this week but nothing that stuck. It's odd because we just had 80 degrees ho hum. On Friday I managed to get off the couch and meet my sister in Noblesville, and we headed to our favorite store, Barnes and Noble, where I proceeded to buy three more books. A Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and James Patterson book. It's been awhile since I read a King book and this one looked like the long walk, which is my favorite. I could probably spend hours in that store, and spend way too much money in there. I am currently reading "kill the messenger" by Tammy Hoag, it's really good. If any of you are into murder mystery check it out.
My break ended today by celebrating Easter with family. My mother, sister, brother in law, and nephews packed up and went to my brother in laws family and had a big feast there. Then we held the little ones captive in the basement while a few adults hid Easter eggs. It was funny we were talking and one of my sister's kids said SHHH the Easter Bunny will hear you, and LEAVE! He was really stressing out about this. After the celebration I came home and watched all my favorite Sunday night TV. I am still pissed that Trump fired Heidi, what an IDIOT. I had a major crush on her.
So, back to work for me tomorrow, and I am not looking forward to it at all. It's always hard to go back after being off for awhile. My tennis team has matches Tuesday, Wednesday, Thurs, and Saturday. I am guessing they will get postponed, because the highs are going to be 40 degrees. Possibly play the invite Saturday because it's suppose to be 60, we'll see. WHERE ARE YOU SPRING?!
That's all I got for ya. Jef I am still searching for your reward, it might take awhile but I will find it, or my name isn't Phats.
Phats


24 Comments:
awww your Grandma sounds so funny and sweet :) I heard bout Nutz in D.C. and me and J will actually be in your neck of the woods later in week - short trip/conference ;)
I can't believe your nephews are four already! Good grief! We're getting old, Phats.
I agree with your Grandma on the 3 Muskateers philosophy. What's wrong with it?
And what...can't play tennis in the cold? Where's the loyalty?? ;)
Whoa - that's a lot of tennis. If they played, their hands would probably begin to crack and bleed it's so cold out there.
So 3 Musketeers aren't good for you. Damn!!!
What kind of a pansy tennis team can't play in 40 degree weather?
Back in my day they hadn't invented coats yet, and we liked it that way.
~Jef
Just get 'em playing tennis on the Wii. You could get some mean doubles going on there... :)
My daughter's spring break is this week. I've always thought it's weird how different schools have different spring breaks, but whatever. We did the Easter egg hunt thing too this weekend with my kids. It's nice when your kids still believe in things like Santa and the Easter Bunny.
Tina- we going out drinking? haha
Bekah- I know they are talking a storm too. You wanna come help in the cold??
Phoenix- yes I agree! plus when it's cold they are exercising I am not ha
Fuzz- I don't think so sorry. they're good though
Jef- you're so funny ha NOT! We are going outside today and it snowed!
Duck- Well, if you're not willing to part with yours then I am out of luck I guess. yes this county has 5 schools and there was a time we were on different breaks, it's weird. Santa and the Easter Bunny, I still believe!@
Hi friend. Sorry it's been a while. You should get facebook. That's where I hang out now.
PEACE!
Thanks for the well wishes. I know what you mean about putting up w/ DG. But, she's the one who has really had to put up with me lately.
Have a good week back!
Hey Phats! I hope you are having a good week so far!
~xo
Steph- isn't facebook for 12 yr olds?
Tiggy- She is hard to get along with I bet haha. Hope all goes well
Leeann- Thanks I am :)
Hey Phats!!!
We don't have Spring Break until next week!! i have never heard of a Spring Break so late in the year; the girls will come back and literally have less than a month before school is out! My plan for next week? SLEEP LATE!!! (since i havent' done that in AGES!)
The party sounds fun! I always end up acting like a kid at those things and being the only adult to slide downthe slide (or ride the mechanical bull...or be in the limbo contest! LOl) This past week at our softball's Fun Day, I had to do one of those bungee-cord pulls; yes, I was the oldest person to do it all day! LOL
(Okay, here's a hint for you...If youwant Kristen to love you forever, get her a big Easter basket every year filled with her favorite things.She will love you for it!)
I love Easter egg hunts!! WWWEEELLLL Heidi has been doing poorly the last couple tasks. I'm still in shock he fired Christina. I can't STAND Nicole!! ugg
Glad to hear you had a great break. Spring keeps teasing us out here as well. I might have to move to Arizona or something. I am ready to be warm.
Cheryl- WOW that is a late spring break, do they like that? Mechanical bull eh, we need pictures! HAHA.
Nutz- I loved Heidi she was so cute
Shife- AMEN my friend. I hate the cold
I wish I had a spring break! :(
~xo
Ohhhhhh, I used to love that feeling after spring break of realizing that school was almost over for the years...simple pleasures, they are the best!!
I always wanted to learn how to play hearts...never got the chance...I think it would be cool if you flew over here to me and taught me..whadoya say phats??
Dont work too hard though ;)
Lee Ann- take a week off in spring and there ya go! hah
WMY- Where do you live? It's fun, i'll teach ya
Pixie- I never do
haha I wish ;) not sure we will be close to you - we'll be in Terre Haute for Friday - checkin out Ohio/Kentucky at moment and may swing by Illinois too - all before Saturday :)
why oh why cant Sanjaya get the boot?
Spring is hiding in some fat guys underpants and it's making me VERY angry!!!
Have a wonderful day Phats!
How ya feeling about AI this morning? Was just glad to see one of the bad ones finally get the boot!!
Tina- Terre Haute is a distance, but you're close to nutz!
Cinderella- I am just getting ready to post on that, and like you I am NOT happy.
Cheryl- I thought haley was gorgeous, but couldn't sing
belated happy easter phats mah men (yup- i really speak like that, i even use "dude" in everyday conversation)!
i'm finally up and running at home proper!
i coulda done with a spring break- and the way you spent it sounds perfect!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home