Weekend Wrap, and Oh yeah we freaking won the Big Ten Tournament tonight.
Hi everyone,
For starters sorry for lack of posts, comments, and responding to comments. I know I have been a blog slacker lately, but this is the busiest time of the year for me. Our varsity tennis season starts Monday, so it will only get busier. I will try to do better though. I am in a great mood tonight though so thought I would blog. Sorry, the first part is about sports, but if you scroll down you can read about my wild weekend with Nutz and Bekah haha.
So, tonight the Big Ten Tournament for the women wrapped up and guess what we won the thing WOOHOO! This is the 12th Big Ten tournament and our Ladies have won 6, and been in the finals 8 times. We dominate this thing, the win tonight gave us a Big Ten Tournament all time record of 25-7. We drilled Ohio State tonight 64-52 and folks it wasn't that close. We started the game on a 21-0 run sending the thousands of Purdue fans into hysterics it was great! We defeated Wisconsin on Friday, Michigan State and their whiny coach on Saturday, and to cap it off Ohio State tonight. Not to mention it's always fun to beat the Suckeyes!! We were led by our super senior Katie Gearlds who had 26 pts and was named tournament MVP, but what a great job our Junior Post player Lindsey Wysdom-Hylton did 21 points 14 boards, going against 6ft6, when she is 6ft 2. At times she made her look silly. A couple coaches have complained that this tournament is a road game for everyone but the Boilers because it's played in Indy and the Purdue fans flock to Conseco to back the Boilers, to that I say BOO-HOO! Your fans can just as easily drive to the event to back their team. Coach Versyp bought 70 tickets for the Purdue gold mine which I thought was awesome. So, it was a great evening at Conseco, always fun to watch my Boilers win. Up next the NCAA tournament with our 28-5 record with a RPI of 5 we have a small outside shot of getting a 2 seed, but more likely a 3. BOILER UP! Here is a picture of our star Katie Gearlds.

Weekend wrapup! What a fun weekend I had, I hung out with my best friend Nutz! Most of you know her, and she truly is Nutz. We headed out to Marion to hang with an old high school friend Bekah. We loved her directions to her house with colorful comments like, "look for the dirt mound" and "don't turn into the church or the construction crew might put you to work! Bekah cooked us a three course meal that was AWESOME my favorite part was the cookies. Then we played some games. I was dutch blitzed by Nutz and Bekah ACK! I need to by that game it was fun. Luckily I talked Nutz out of stealing Bekah's cat! On Saturday Nutz and I set out to raise a little hell. We started out at Hacienda(great mexican restaurant in Ktown) for her birthday dinner, and when we came out the roads had turned really bad due to some unexpected snow(I hate snow!). So we decided lets head home. Sorry nutz, but don't forget JUNE 5th! Oh yeah, we did do a driveby! No not that kind geesh.
Hope everyone is doing well, I plan on getting to your blogs tonight. Root for my Boilers this week(the mens team) Not sure if they are in yet or not. Lunardi on ESPN has us in, which is a good sign since he is like automatic on picking teams. I'll feel better if we beat the Hawkeyes in the 4/5 game Friday. By the way Tina, Congrats to VCU! Put on your dancing shoes because they are dancing baby! Were you there? Have a great week
BOILER UP!
Phats


18 Comments:
The sunshine here in Florida is calling your name Phats, it is saying forget the snow come to Florida for fun in the sun.
woohoo DUTCH BLITZ rocks!!! I miss Bekah's cat!
Suckeyes...hahahahhahaha
what the hell is dutch blitz??
and, finally, I love her directions ...When we used to try to tell people how to get to our cottage, it was, "go past the pig farm, take a left...now go down past the house with the pond in the yard...you gotta love the country...no street signs?? no problem! Sorry about giving you the wrong impression by putting graphic pics on my post...I bet you almost tossed those cookies you enjoyed so much huh?? lol
I saw Christina Aguilera in concert last night. She's rad! That's totally unrelated, I know.
My kind of directions. Us country folks give them kind. LOL :)
Have a great week Phats. I have been super busy lately and seems like no time to blog.
Must be the country in me that gave the crazy directions...how is it that you still missed the road?? ;) Again - three course gives the way wrong impression! It wasn't that fancy. :) But I'm glad the cookies were good. They're gone now. Don't worry. I gave a bunch away - I didn't eat them ALL. :)
Thanks for coming to visit!! And Braeya misses...okay not you. Nah, she liked you. You just didn't like her.
Lori- I wish!!
Nutz- DUTCH BLITZ!!!
WMY- Dutch is a card game that Nutz has that is really good, and fun! She cheats though, she threw an elbow.
Burr- did she sing genie in a bottle?
Beading- Understandable, I mean you have a new baby :)
Bekah- ha Braeya loved me, admit it! Thanks again it was fun
Phats, she didn't sing Genie in a Bottle, but she did sing some sort of reggae rendition of What a Girl Wants. It was interesting.
Good work by the Lady Boilers and good luck to the men this week. And quit being so busy, you got blogging to do.
Ahhh Sweeet....I was reading and reading and becoming sad...like oh no, no mention of VCU and there it was like a gleaming star in the pitch dark sky :D (haha) VCU is DANCING BABY! Awwwwww Yeaaaa!
Congrats to you to baby! :)
Way to go Women! Congrats on the big win!
Stealing cats?? I'm a little worried, Phats...and a driveby?
haha
Haley got in and Sabrina Didn't !?! Arrggh wtf! lol
oh chit dont read that lol u are an hour behind - god im retarded :(
I am not pleased with Idol! Bah!
Dutch Blitz is awesomely fun!
Hey - I was in Olney and Mt. Carmel, IL. I know both towns are a stone's throw away from Indiana. Are either towns close to where you are?
That would be so cool to play some tennis this Spring.
Man, sounds like a great time! (minus the snow part, of course! Blah snow)
Congrats to your Boilers!! :)
Phoenix- What part of ILL? North, South, Central? I have heard of a Mt Carmel HS but it's way south of here. they actually play in an Iniana conference.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home