Hoosier Hysteria, Championship Week, March Madness, American Idol, Does it get any better?!
Hello,
Sorry for lack of updates and visits to all your wonderful blogs but I have been busy, and most of you aren't going to like today's topic. On the flip side Cheryl will haha. To me other then College Bowl Season, this is the absolute best time of the year, with college basketball winding down. You get to hear the terms bubble team, RPI, SOS, Resumes, Quality wins, and Quality loses. It's also the time of year our annual high school Boys Basketball tournament starts, which in Indiana that is huge. Of course American Idol has started as well, which makes everything even better.
Last night I spent the evening at the berry bowl, woot! They host our 6 team sectional and unfortunately our HS teams season came to an end against Lafayette Jefferson. It was expected though since we were having a down year and only 5-15. Of course if you have seen the movie Hoosiers, you know how big the state tournament is here. Huge gyms full to capacity cheering on their teams it's crazy. Our gym seats close to 7000, and that ranks us 6th in our conference! Usually the start of the boys basketball tournament we get a really bad snow or ice storm, so far so good this year, knock on wood! They are actually calling for some bad thunderstorms tomorrow though.
Tonight the Boilers have a huge game hosting the Minnesota Golden Gophers, and it's critical we don't lose this game. It's at Mackey, I will be there so look for me. We're 18-10 with a decent RPI and a good Strength of Schedule, but we need to win these next two to get to 20 wins. It's funny early on people talked the big ten might only get 4 teams tops, maybe even just three. Now they are talking that they might get 6 or 7 crazy! We do have two of the top teams in the country in our conference and when they played each other they were #1 and #2, that should help. I am going to be so nervous on selection sunday, especially if we win out then lose our first round game in the Big Ten Tournament! Anything is better then our last two years though where we won a combined 16 games. Our women at least are safely in, and more then likely a #3 seed. They might move up to a 2 if they win the big ten tournament this weekend, but who knows. I like the 3 seed as long as they don't drop to a 4 because then in the sweet 16 you play the 1. We open play in the BTT Friday vs the winner of Wisconsin/Michigan. We beat both pretty easily in the regular season, but Wisky would be the tougher game. Purdue's women have the honor of being the only team in the big ten to have never had to play on day 1 of the big ten tournament! Cool eh?
Anyone watch the Florida/Tennessee game last night, Cheryl? I did for one reason, and one reason only to watch Pat Summit! That was AWESOME I loved it! Pat Summit is the legendary womens basketball coach at UT, and when they played Duke the mens coach at UT promised to show up doing some stunt. Well, he did by painting his body orange with some of players spelling out VOLS. So, Pat said it was her turn, and last night she came out at the under 16 timeout in a UT cheerleading outfit, sang Rocky Top, led a cheer, and did a PYRAMID! It was so funny, and awesome. I think that's neat to see the support they give each other. Made me like Pat Summit more then I did. It's part of the reason why college sports are so exciting and fun.
Finally idol last night was still just OK for me. Sure the guys did better, but it's almost as if I have no interest at in watching them sing, and I am just waiting for the ladies. It's like they are the JV game and the women are the Varsity. None of them performed the level of at least 5 of the girls from last week. Now, things could change if the women lay an egg tonight who knows. I did like Chris R(sang Jason Mzar), and Blake the beat boxer of course was good again, but really nobody else was that great. That being said here are my two I think SHOULD go home. I doubt they will.
Sunjaya- He is HORRIBLE! He was horrible last week and he was in the top 4, he was worst this week and will probably be top 2. Give him his ticket home please!
Sundance- I don't like him period. He won't go home, but I wish he would!
Have a great day
Phats


28 Comments:
I am first. Sweet.
I did see the Pat Summitt thing on TV last night it was pretty cool. I also saw that game between Wisconsin and Ohio State where Brian Butch tried to catch his fall and his elbow decided to go in the opposite direction. Nasty.
Good luck to the Boilers tonight. They are in the post season for sure but right now it is the NIT. They need to win out and do some damage in the Big 10 tourney to make it to the dance.
The Beatbox guy from Seattle bugs the shit out of me. I want him gone immediately. That said I think the Michael Jackson wannabe kid is gone. He was awful last night.
Team Guido is back!
I did not watch it last night so I could not tell ya if they sucked again so I am taking your word for it. I do like the beat box guy and he is about the only one out of the guys who I do like. I am hoping to catch the girls tonight. Last week my son surprised me with a visit so my grandbaby took priorty LOL :)
Shife- I am thinking the same we need to win out, and get 1 in the BTT and we're in. I love this time of year
Egan- Amazing Race All Stars hell ya! love amber and rob
Beading- I like the beatbox guy too, he is good
I tivo'd AI and I havent watched them all yet....I thought the girl..Bailie could have been good, but I think she forgot her words...I have to catch up on them...I like Dancing With the Stars much better than Amer Idol. And Billy Ray Cyrus will be one of the dancers next season....yahooooooo. ( I hope he finally learns to dance...as cute as he is, he had some goofy dance moves when he sang! )
I might watch when it gets down to the 12. Right now....I sorta flip through it once in awhile.
I'm like Catch~ I like Dancing With the Stars better. :)
Definitely Sanjaya should go home - I'd like to see if Sundance has more range - I'll wait to see that I hope. Dig the guy from VA and bout 2 others. Still early to tell
Antonella cant sing and I just cant seem to look at her the same LOL
BTFU!! :)
Hellooooooooo
Been a while huh??
Ok, so...glad to see you are still obsessed with all things sports...and, I am with the last commenter...Antonella...yuck...and, what the hell kind of name is that?!?! hahahaha
I almost watched Idol last night but didn't make it on time. These times are exciting with the basket ball and all which is really good.
Go Comets!
i am so in love with idol but your right the guys this year just arent right. I think its a girls year this year.
Hey Phats!!! You KNOW I totally love your sports posts!!!! And I also LOVE this time of year. I SO get into March Madness. Have done the brackets since I was probably 8 or 9 years old, with my dad, and of course still do it every year!! I'm just praying for Bama, but I'm afraid we won't be making it. Very depressing!!!
I saw Pat S. She is awesome, a legend (although I can't stand Tennessee;--at least in men's sports when they play us and the play that darn Rocky Top over and over and over; lol!) and her sportsmanship that night was amazing!! So fun!
I agree with you on AI that Sunjaya is just awful--but he stayed tonight. Ugh! And I so wanted Antonella to go; double ugh! My fave right now is Melinda. I thought her voice was gorgeous last night!!
Keep the sports posts coming! lol
uggh wtf happened on Idol - even Sanjaya knew he shoulda left :-/
Hi, by the way! :D hehe
Sunjaya needs to go!
Darnit, I have nothing to contribute. I don't watch American Idol or sports. :(
Nice job against the Gophers (although if you lost THAT one, I'd be really worried).
Sorry to say that if Purdue loses in the first--and probably the second--round of the conference tourney, they don't get in. I'll root for a deep run!
-- david
Oh look! It's a comment!! Imagine that! :) Well, I already told you what I thought of Idol - but I wanted to make sure I at least left you a comment!
David- I think we beat NW we're in. I think if we beat NW and win our first round game We're solidly in. We won't win our second game. We will be in the 4/5 game means we win we play OSU in the semis
Bekah- HAHA! tonight was so much fun we'll have to do it again!!
hey phats! i'm at work to QUICKLY print something out- so i'm just as quickly popping round to say hi and make sure you're fine!
damien says: HI HOW ARE YOU WATCHADOIN...
wow- you got a whole seven words outta him... i usually just get a grunt!
Hellloooo Phats :)
I've officially sworn off college basketball until the tourney starts!! I just hope that my excitement is back in it by then so that I can enjoy March Madness like I always do!! This is how I get when we hit the kids. Bama lost again and is pretty much out of it. I am SO depressed about it!!!! ugh!
oops.. meant to say hit the skids!!! No, we don't hit the kids!!! HA!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!
I HATE losing, but not so much that I resort to violence on my children!! LOL (My typo kinda cracked me up!!)
Our only chance now is to win the SEC tourney and there is NO chance of that happening!! (sigh . . . cry . . .)
HAHHAHA i was going to say you beat your kids when Bama loses!? HARSH hahahaha how is gary?
Have a great week!
~xo
Thanks Lee Ann
As an Idol fan I must say that Kellie Pickler has certainly increased her ahhh ahhhh vocal range. Yeh that's it her vocal range.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home