Sunday, March 18, 2007

Turning our attention to the ladies, and an updated leaderboard

Well, the Boilers run came to an end today vs the defending national champ Florida Gators 74-67. Trust me though they had to earn it, we led for much of the first half, and had leads in the second half. One thing won't change though I don't like Florida and will not be rooting for them. I don't care how far I have them going their team is a bunch of thugs. I don't even feel bad for hoping that someone would throw a ball at Noah's face, he is a retard! Sorry Cheryl, but I will be rooting for Butler!! You hate to have moral victories but this was one, and it ends up being a great stepping stone to next year's season. Thanks for the fun ride seniors and coach Painter. Now we turn the attention to the womens tournament. Our Boilers are the two seed in the Dallas Regional and opened up with an easy win over Oral Roberts. Next up we play Georgia Tech Monday night at 9:30. This match up has an interesting side note. The Jackets are coached by Michelle Joesph, and she is still Purdue's all time leading scorer in the history of the program. She then was an assistant coach at Purdue under Lin Dunn, until some nasty alligation surfaced connecting her and Dunn to some well bad relations ;) and Purdue has never really accepted her back with open arms. So, GO BOILERS!! BTFU

Onto the leaderboard, and we have some interesting results heading into the sweet 16, and some people already eliminated. Two regions I believe are all but wrapped up, while 2 are still up in the air. Lets take a look at the leaderboard remember correct picks for this round were worth 3 points.

The Midwest
Cheryl 9 pts for rd 2 brings her to 16 total points
Mike H 6 pts for rd 2 bringing him to 12 total points
The Phoenix 3 pts for rd 2 bringing him to 9 total points
Beading 0 pts for rd 2 bringing her to 5 total points
Midwest breakdown- I believe mathmatically there is no way for anyone to catch Cheryl, so be ready to pick the final 4 Cheryl! Mike H didn't do bad in this round missing out on both Wisconsin and Maryland. Phoenix only nailed Florida correctly, see never pick the Irish! ha. Beading bowed out of the competition, she went for upsets and almost paid off had Miami been able to upset Oregon.

The West
The Duck- 6 pts for rd 2 brings him to 11 total
David- 6 pts for rd 2 bringing him to 10 total
Steph- 0 pts for rd 2 bringing her to 3 pts total
West breakdown- The big difference in this region was Duck picking VCU and David picking Duke in rd 1. Hence giving Duck 1 more point and since they both took the same teams in the sweet 16 and elite 8, David will be unable to catch Duck. So, Duck it looks like you'll be picking the final four. As for Steph, her Hometown team let her down, IU made a good comeback but fell short and all her picks were eliminated.

The South
Nutzonaroll- 6pts for rd 2 brings her to 11 pts total
Design Goddess- 6pts for rd 2 brings her to 11 pts total
Jenn- 3 pts total bringing her to 5 pts total
The south breakdown- One of the more competitive ones. It all comes down to one game on whether nutz advances or there is a tie. If a tie I will get some kind of tiebreaker to you both. If Texas A&M wins Nutz moves on, if Memphis wins DG will tie Nutz as they both took OSU to win the region. Nutz could have won today had Nevada upset Memphis but the wolfpack lost to the Tigers. Jenn bowed out of the competition, her strategy of picking teams alphabetically backfired early when she was stuck with a 16 seed haha.

The East
Jef- 9 pts for rd 2 brings him to 14 pts total
Mr Shife- 6 pts for rd 2 brings him to 14 pts total
Fuzz- 6 pts for rd 2 brings him to 10 pts
The East- Might be the most intriguing, considering Shife started out 8-0 and might lose. Jef made up big ground only missing one pick in this region. Both Shife and Jef have Georgetown and UNC advancing to the elite 8, but Jef goes with the Hoyas, while Shife sticks with his Heels. It will come down to that game to who advances. Hopefully they both win to make it more fun and interesting. Fuzz went with picking Texas schools in the elite 8 but both have been defeated so he has been eliminated from the competition.

I went 10-6 on round 2 not very good. My bracket at school is much better I am in the running to win woohoo!! I somehow picked Vandy and SIU into the sweet 16, WHAT!? haha.

You non sports fans I promise a non sports post on Thurs.

22 Comments:

At 10:52 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey Phats!
Have a great week!

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Woo Hoo!!!!! Who said I wouldn't do well this year (Gary, Gary... ahem?)? I really ended up picking the Midwest pretty well. Im doing okay in the overall too; my Sweet Sixteen is intact except for two. Still, some of my bonehead choices in the first two rounds (I always go for the upsets in a couple of spots) hurt me! But, it's still SO much fun!!
Okay, Phats, so I'm thinking of what I'm going to do with my Big Prize once I win it all. Whatcha got in mind for me? Hee hee.
Have a great day!! (And, oh, I'm not the biggest women's bball fan in the world butI will cheer for you gals tonight. Is it on tv by any chance?)

 
At 7:19 AM , Blogger Duck said...

w00t! I'm one lucky duck...

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Happy Monday! Yeah I am happy with my 5 points cause I had nooo idea what I was doing or who to pick. :)

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Cara Bara said...

wooohoo it's on design goddess!

 
At 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just happy Texas lost to USC. One and done for Tech ... as usual. I'm sure you're eating that up the Big Baby Bobby lost.

~Jef

 
At 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Virginia Cavaliers had a good run, despite losing to Tennessee yesterday. When Reynolds tweaked his ankle, I knew it was gonna be trouble, but it's ok; I picked UT to win anyway.

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger David Amulet said...

Oh drat. Now pretty much all the teams I cared about are out. I'll still watch everything, of course ... but it's not the same.

grrrrr.

-- david

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Lee Ann- thanks you too

Cheryl- haha way to tell gary!! Yes the womens game is on tonight 9:30 ESPN2 but since you live in AL you might get whiparound coverage. I am still trying to decide what to give for the prize

Duck- I am guessing it's great to be the duck

Beading- you just about had the best upset of the tournament with Miami over Oregon

Nutz- I am liking your chances

Edge- actually I wanted them to win because I picked them in a few brackets ha. Good pick on USC

Bruce- Dang you I had UVA winning! ha. We played UVA this year was impressed, and not as impressed with UT. Guess I was wrong

David- Same thing for me :( ho hum. Oh well. Both our womens teams are still in it at least

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger Rocky (Racquel) said...

Hiya Phats - haven't been around for a while but am getting back to bloggin' - wanted to say hi and sorry about your Boilers.

You're right, though - go Butler!!

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Rocky- Welcome back!! It's okeh we weren't suppose to win.

YES GO DAWGS!

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

I'm gonna take you down Nutz!!!

There was a method to my madness....just like March!!! :D

 
At 9:36 PM , Blogger wmy said...

I don't have a sports comment...just wanted to say.....I am so glad spring is finally here!!! Yeah, butterflies, tulips, thunderstorms, and chirping birdies...ok, that is a little too sappy...you may vomit now! lol

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger Cara Bara said...

better watch yo back design "goddess" lol it's on like donkey kong

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

I will wait for the None Sports Post ;) Still luv your blog and you Phatty-O =)

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

I can't wait for the non sports post! I hope you are practicing your wedding singing.

 
At 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw geezy. I still don't know what this is about. :) Hi PHATS!!

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey Phats...where are you????? ;)

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger Tina said...

hewo :) and no, im not biting you :D teeheee

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Tina said...

.....and I promise not to give away Idol on your blog 2nite hehehe :-o

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Gunngirl said...

Heya Phats! We have a Bracket pool going at work, suffice to say I'm not in it, but the people here are hardcore. LOL, you'd fit right in with the sports people here.

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Phats said...

never fear the non sports post coming if I have time right now

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home