Friday, March 16, 2007

HELL YA BOILERS WIN!!! And, your bracket leaderboard.


WOOHOO the Boilers are back!! Purdue defeated Arizona tonight 72-63 in New Orleans to set up a match up with the #1 overall seeded, Florida Gators! No matter what happens on Sunday, our Boilers did us proud with a big win. For those that don't know last year we had 9 wins, and the year before 6, so 22 wins is AMAZING! Thank you Boilers, and Coach Painter, In Matt we trust. Now lets go Gator hunting! BTFU! By the way we had the shot of the tournament, and the year. Shot clock winding down, Chris Kramer our Freshman guard pentrates loses his footing falls down to his knees, throws the shot up and hits it. UNFREAKINGBELIEVEABLE! Also all those media people who dogged the big ten, saying Purdue and Illinois didn't belong in the field, after the first round Big Ten is 5-1, so KISS MY ASS CNNSI!

Now, to the contest, here is a look at the leaderboard following all first round games. Some of you took some major hits haha.
The South 8 Possible Points.
Design Goddess 5 Pts
Nutzonaroll 5 Pts
Jenn 2 Pts
Big Winner- Might be Nutz with her pick of Nevada, and how far DG took Creighton(elite 8) Looks like the South is Nutz's to lose. Jenn went with the strategy of the alphabet making her take a 16 seed to the final four, and well that was all she wrote ha.

The East 8 Possible Points.
Mr Shife 8 Pts
Jef 5 Pts
Fuzz 4 Pts
Big Ups to Mr Shife he is the only one in this contest that got all 8 first round picks correct. I bow down to the shifeman. Fuzz took a big hit with Texas Tech going out in rd 1, but could stay in it with Texas going to the final four.. Jef is still in pretty good shape overall even though he lost a couple in the bottom half of the bracket. East though looks like it's Shife's for the taking

The West 8 Possible Points
The Duck 5 Pts
David 4 Pts
Steph 3 Pts
Duck holds a slim lead in this region, but David isn't out of it yet. Tough night for Steph, as Illinois bowed out with a tough loss. Duck can keep the edge with a VCU win tomorrow. Right now a tossup between Duck and David. Sorry steph!

The Midwest 8 possible points
Cheryl 7 Pts
Phoenix 6 Pts
Mike H 6 Pts
Beading 5 Pts
Cheryl would have had the best of first round had it not been for Shife. Her lone miss was Georgia Tech. For a hockey guy I was very impressed with Mike H's picks. Phoenix is still in good shape with three sweet 16 teams alive. Beading went for upsets, but could sneak in there with her elite 8 teams both still alive. Thank you all for picking Purdue as well! Midwest is still up in the air, but I am going with Cheryl as a slight favorite.

I was 24-8 not too bad, I shouldn't have gone with Davidson, and Notre Lame. I figured ND knew Winthrop was being talked about as this year's cinderella and would be ready for them. Oh well.

Thank you all again for participating, best of luck in the next round. Don't forget the winners of region will be picking the final four and championship game. I think the big ? is can Mr Shife stay perfect!

Keep watching March Madness, and BTFU BABY!
Phats

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:02 PM , Blogger wmy said...

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!! I did not realize that I had my volume turned up so loud until I clicked on your page and about shot out of my seat when the damn band came on!! hahahahah
GO BOILERS!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger Phats said...

wmy- HAHA sorry!!! HELL YA GO BOILERS

 
At 12:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Go Boilers :)

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Hey, I'm doing pretty well aren't I? Yay!!!!!
Actually, I'm 32-16 overall right now but most of my Sweet 16 is intact so far except for with one missed team. And then the games to still come tonight. So, good and bad both!
Purdue really took it to Florida!!! I was cheering for Fla to keep my brackets intact (I have them picked as the natl champion--my Final 4 picks are Florida, UCLA, NC, and Tex A&M), but I was REALLY cheering for Purdue because of you! You Almost did it!! I know you are VERY proud!!!
We had an awesome tourney yesterday (2nd place and almost beating probably the best travel team in our age in the state), but it SUCKED that I missed the NCAA games. I saw some highights and WOW, those were some great games on Saturday!!
Sorry my comment always turns into a novella...

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Tina- Thanks we played great today just came up short.

Cheryl- We gave it a try but came up short! So proud and this is hopefully a great stepping stone to next season. I know one thing I can't stand Noah! I was hoping and this is horrible, someone would bounce a ball of his face. I think they will kill Butler, but we'll see! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home