Thursday, June 07, 2007

I want to date Tayrne Mowatt

Hello kids,
Well, my birthday is officially over, no more celebrating for me. The last gift I got was a nice blister on the heel of my foot. I was playing tennis and I felt it in the 3rd set, but continued to play and won the set 6-4. I currently have a bandaid on it, and for those of you that know me know I hate bandaids. Yes, Jef I am a puss. I hope it heals soon. I have a slight foot injury too and I am not exactly sure what it is, I injured it a few years ago playing tennis. I basically played too much one day I played from 9am to 5pm, and felt this weird feeling in the heel of my foot. No problem right? I had a tournament that weekend and kept playing on it. That was in July, the pain didn't go away until late March. Well, it has flared up again. I know a couple of you "claim" to be doctors or are studying to be doctors, want to take a look at my foot for free?

I might have lost a friend, no not to death. My c0-best friend jenn is getting married to a real dickhead, I actually hate him, I have written about this before. Anyway the wedding was suppose to be on a Saturday in Sept in the town that I live in. Well, I got a phone call from Jenn two weeks ago saying "what are you doing on July 6th" I knew what was coming, they moved the wedding up! Not only that it's on a week day at 4:30, and now is 2 hrs away. What the hell?! Who is going to drive all that way on a weekday during 4th of july week to go to a wedding nobody supports. Not me. Luckily I had a much better excuse for this date, I have to work. She doesn't understand sometimes you can't just take the day off, maybe it's because her soon to be 21 yr old husband is collecting unemployment who knows. Anyway, I was good and bit my tongue until I sent back my RSVP. I wrote "sorry I can't afford to take work off, some of us don't have that luxury like Ryan!" HA! She will be pissed for sure, but I can't keep biting my tongue on this issue. For their gift I am sending her the business card of a divorce lawyer. HAHA OK not really.

So, I have been watching the womens softball college world series in Oklahoma City, on ESPN. Anyone else watch this? I love watching college sports, it's so refreshing to see college athletes mostly without the big egos, and playing for the thrill of winning. Anyway, I found myself doing something I don't generally do, root for the #1 seed. Arizona was the defending champ and #1 seed in this thing, it has 8 teams double elimination, and I usually root for the underdog. The championship series is best out of 3, and it came down to Arizona and Tennessee. Let me just say, and I feel bad but man UT had some real hoofers on their team, including that horse of a pitcher. I am not kidding she reminded me of Randy Johnson in drag. Anyway, I found my new crush while watching this, Arizona pitcher Tayrne Mowatt, who pitched every single game, it's a wonder her arm didn't fall off. The more I saw of her the more I liked her, although that didn't sit well with Kristen. She was tough as nails and competitive to boot, of course it was her cuteness that drew me to her. Anyway Arizona defended their title with a 2-1 series win over UT. By the way Caitlin Lowe, was pretty cute too, Gary I know you're a softball coach can you hook me up?

Well, I am officially back to work on Monday. We have our summer camp from 10-2. It's going to be HOT, but to get all my varsity girls there I had to do it at that time. I am having tons of problems finding a place that can make t-shirts that quickly. I am going to be playing in 4 summer tournaments, no more singles for me though with my foot all doubles, Mens and Mixed. Speaking of tennis, I am 1 match away from beating the draw in the French Open Suicide Pool, and all I need is the defending champ Justine Henin to win! I am pretty confident in that happening.

Alright I am going to bounce now, we're suppose to get some pretty nasty storms this AM hopefully no tornadoes, I would hate to sleep right thru it! We are under a tornado watch right now hopefully it will pass. Just incase, I don't want to forget my Grandma is having her other knee done a week from Thursday! It was her choice and she is really excited, please keep her in your prayers that day :)

Phats
Anyone see the dolt who missed his first two questions on are you smarter then a 5th grader? He was a rocket scientist and missed
T or F Vermont was one of the original colonies and
What great lake borders Indiana. What a dumbass!

32 Comments:

At 8:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, now I am feeling really shitty because first of all I have not been around here for sometime and second of all for missing your birthday!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!!!!!! Hope you had a fantabulous day!!!!!

Have a great weekend!

p.s. Thanks for always every so often stopping by to say hi!!!!

Gen (NMOTB)

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I was for Arizona too, mainly because that whole team was good looking!!

Come on, how often in softball today do you get a whole team of lookers and they can play softball too??

Wow.. If I could hook you up Caitlin Lowe... I'd be worried about Cheryl beating me with a bat cause I'd be headed that way now!

I hate that it's over!

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

sheesh phats, the way you spoke about ryan before i really didn't think jenn would go through with a wedding.
i'm heartsore for her that her husband to be and best friend do not get on.
and i'm heartsore for you that you'll miss your co-best friend's wedding.
i missed my bestest best friend's wedding because of work and i still resent my ex-bosses for it!

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger cher said...

look at that... not any comment on your foot from angel on your foot. i guess i'll let it slip cuz he's such a sweetheart.

the wedding. dude, i already told you. the best thing you can do is go, and then yell object at the appropriate place. just like shrek.

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Gen- I know you're busy, but thanks :)

Gary- Yes Arizona was FULL of hot players. I found myself loving Caitlin Lowe for her play, especially after she ran face first into that wall in the supers. I like watching softball.

Angel- I know it's sad, but it's out of my hands she isn't seeing the red flags like everyone else is.

Cher- HA wrong Angel, he is too good to comment on my blog I guess, ha I think egg is a doctor I was hoping she would diagnose me

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger Bekah said...

That might be the most creative RSVP I've ever read!

I quit watching Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader - because I'm NOT. And it made me feel bad. :)

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

All I can say about the wedding is support your friend, no matter what. I'm going thru the same thing with my sis. Don't really like her hubby and what he's doing, but I support and am there for her and lil man. That's all I can do and it's all you can do. It's unfortunate that Jenn will have to either learn the hard way or not learn at all. But it is her life and you can't live it for her.

And I'm no doctor, but I'd say "GET YOUR FOOT LOOKED AT!" Just my humble opinion! :D

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Mrs. Shife and I watched the WCWS. And my little brother liked the Arizona pitcher a lot as well. I also thought the Tennessee pitcher looked like Peyton Manning with boobs. Good luck at the summer gig and don't work too hard.

 
At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry I haven't been by lately...can't wait until December when I will have more time to blog & read blogs! Happy Birthday..the big 3-0... it's all down hill from here...lol Have a great summer!

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger David Amulet said...

Thanks for passing on Tayrne Mowatt's name. "Arizona pitcher" wasn't enough for me to see a pic ... Good choice!

-- david

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger Big Pissy said...

I love that paragraph about your friend and her wedding! *LOL*

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I pray all goes well for your grandma.
It's too bad your friend is still going to marry that dude.
I hope you have a great week and am glad that you didn't get sucked up by any tornados!

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I have always been amazed at how they throw that damned softball so damn fast underhanded.

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger Duck said...

Ha, I just googled "Tayrne Mowatt" to see a pic, and guess which was third on the main page? That's right, this blog post. Anyway, it turns out it's ranked so highly because you typo'd the name, it's apparently actually Taryne, not Tayrne.

Let's see, what else. Oh yeah, apparently I would have gotten those two questions wrong too. I wasn't sure about Vermont. It didn't sound like it was an original colony to me, but I knew they were up there, so I looked it up. It's weird that New Hampshire was a colony but Vermont wasn't. Whatever. Also, I might have been able to guess Lake Michigan, but I'm not sure about that. Besides, you live in Indiana, so of course you know it! Most other people in the country (like me) don't have a clue where Indiana is relative to major bodies of water... :)

See ya!

 
At 2:37 PM , Blogger Duck said...

Holy cow, here's an update for you. Check out this picture I found of your beloved pitcher:

Halloween Anyone?

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Phats, I don't know what to tell you about your foot. I say just get a new one. My friend is studying prosthetics stuff currently. I'm sure she could help you. My aunt just had her knee done a couple of weeks ago and I visited her on Saturday. Poor thing is still in pain. :( I hope your grandma has a speedy recovery.

 
At 11:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I was really looking forward to going to that wedding with you!

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Here is what you do about your foot. Take a hammer and whack the heck out of your ankle on the other foot. See now you are not thinking about it. haahaa!! Seriously see a doc. about it.
Keeping your grandma in my thoughts.

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger cher said...

duck- i just pinned that up in my garage. thanks. phats, i completely get it. she's hot.

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Okay, I am in total agreement with you here! She was a gorgeous young lady and that whole entire team was full of lookers!!
As a softball Mom, I love to see good-looking players instead of the butch/tomboy ones. I want my daughter to be athletic, but feminine too!
And,yep, Gary is being truthful. I think he watched those games just to watch the girls!! He had a crush on the entire team!!

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Bekah- I don't think she thought the same thing, ihaven't heard from her since.

DG- She made the decision easy on me I can't miss work that week because I am already down a day with that being 4th of july week, not sure what I would ahve done in Sept.

shife- your brother has good taste! That UT Girl was a great pitcher, but a moose to look at

Kathryn- it's ok! I went thru the can't blog now phase myself

David- Thanks glad you agree

 
At 10:43 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Pissy- thanks! I thought it was rather clever way for me to RSVP

Carmel- No tornadoes! Thanks for the support for my grandma it's appreciated

Fuzz- Me too my friend me too

Duck- yes I had an unfair advantage over the great lake in Indiana, but in my defense I got both those questions right! :)

Duck2- YES GREAT PICTURE, she is hot

Cher- AMEN!

Cheryl- I would totally date Mowatt, or Lowe, both cute. The catcher wasn't bad either. I am not sure UT had one good looking girl on their team, so I naturally rooted for Arizona haha

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Just dropping in with a smile and hug to say hello!
~xo
Lee Ann

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Mowatt who? hahah dont have a clue

:P

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

Do you have tendonitis? I have a chronic foot thing too - and a foot doctor said it was from a lot of explosive footwork. Sounds pretty cool, huh?

I wear hightops now. That's helped.

I haven't played tennis in two months now. I can feel any amount of skills I had just disappear. Hopefully I can go out and hit with a couple 3.5s and 4.0s to get back into the swing of things.

Henin didn't let you down!

 
At 1:55 AM , Blogger cher said...

i just came back to check out the ducks link again

 
At 12:56 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

so how are the blisters... (since i forgot to commiserate last time i popped in)? maybe since its been a week you got blisters on your fingers too from all the furious typing up of possible posts! mwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaa...

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

i asked damien if he wanted to say something- and since his thumbs are attached to the ps2 controller and his toes are curling with concentration... he just said "hi"! typical!!!

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Don't forget what next Friday is!!!!

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger The Egg said...

I'm sorry to hear about your foot. I'm not licensed, so I can't give you proper advice:) If I were you, I'd get that foot checked by a specialist. That's my free medical advice! Hehe
Enjoy the cute softball gals!

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger JM said...

I missed saying Happy Birthday to you!!

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Leeann- Hi! keep stopping by

Tina- She is HOT

Phoenix- Federer let me down. We need to play sometime, want to be my partner in an upcoming tournament?

Cher- she's hot

Angel- The blister is gone! YAY!

Angel- I can't compete with video games HI DAMIEN

DG- What is next Friday, I've already forgotten? our anniversary?

Angel- Hey thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home