Wednesday, August 01, 2007

31 Days and counting

Hello everyone
Can you believe it's August? I just started my summer break and I go back to work in 14 days unbelieveable. The only exciting thing about summer ending is Purdue Football starting in 31 Days. I can't wait there is absolutely nothing better then college football!

Thanks for those of you who gave advice, or asked about my decision. I chose to stay with the Junior High Team in the fall, girls in the spring. I made a promise to a couple of the jr high kids back at camp that i'd be back and I don't want to break that. I don't envy any of the high school kids practicing today it's HOT we are in the middle of some of our hottest weather of the summer. BLEH.

Well, that's all before I go I am leaving you with a fun little youtube clip to get everyone pumped for the upcoming Boilermaker season! I will be posting a clip each time I post leading up to the first game. I can't wait!!! Love me some college football.

20 Comments:

At 2:02 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I am ready for some college football as well. And glad to hear that you stuck by your word to those kids. You are a good man Phats.

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Thank you sir, that picture is a tad scary, but funny nonetheless.

How are the vandals going to be?

 
At 5:22 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Oh I SO can't wait for Perdue to start....I'm HUNGRY!!! :D

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Ahh the promise of fall when all things are possible. Good luck!

 
At 9:59 PM , Blogger Pixie said...

Howdy Phats hope you are well.

Enjoy your summer!

 
At 11:49 PM , Blogger Skiingred said...

Doncha love back to school time? Gives me a legit excuse to stock up on office supplies.

Yes -- can't wait to put the purdue on the grill with DG -- I think a nice honey glaze will go well...

Oh, wait... you are talkin' bout football, aren't you? :p

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I love fall...can't wait for college football either. Roll Tide!

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger Fated said...

August! The horror!

Just think of how fast the last couple of months went by. Soon it will be September and then *gasp* winter.

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger cher said...

my computer won't let me play much of anything. and i got to see almost all of that. i actually feel a little inclinded to try and see the end!

i think you made the right decision with the job offer. although, this doesn't help me in any way as you still can't afford a phone. or maybe you are scared of them? i can't remember.

phats, you are so hot, i wish i could have nasty dreams about you! but then i'd have to sleep. i'm pretty much through with sleep.

 
At 12:18 AM , Blogger Scott said...

Go Wolverines!

 
At 4:33 AM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

you're boiling and i'm freezing my tail off!!!
looking forward to the game predictions...

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

You are right. There is NOTHING better than college football!! i hate school being here so soon (the girls start this Thursday. ugh!!!), but Bama football is just around the corner!!! We will have a rebuilding year for sure so I will be thriled with 7 or 8 wins, but you cannot even imagine the excitement around here with Saban in charge. It is crazy!!!
I will be cheering for Purdue again this year, as long as you cheer for Bama!!!

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

I got laid off from my job a couple of weeks ago, so I'm pretending to be in jr high again and enjoying my summer vacation! Yay for unemployment!

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger Phats said...

DG- DUH the boilers not the chickens!

Fuzz- if it weren't for football I'd hate fall

Pixie- Hi!! Glad you are back, and thanks

Skii- I am not ready for back to school time, but it will be here soon

Kimberly- Heck Ya College football is awesome

Fated- I hate winter the only bad thing about fall

Cher- I really think you are nuts, I am sure of it.

Scott- Oh no a wolverine!

Angel- Keep your freezing stuff there, i'll take boiling any day

Cheryl- I will root for bama for sure, unless we play you all in a bowl. You will be a guest picker again right?

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Burr- HA that sucks! you want to be my assistant coach?

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I'm a Husker man myself but I got nothing against the Boilermakers.

So are you a junior high football coach? Being new to your blog I got that impression. I used to ref FB here in the Lone Star State. From 5th grade all the way to HS varsity.

I played too but refing gave me lots more stories than playng ever did.

 
At 6:33 PM , Blogger Jay Noel said...

Sounds like a good decision. I personally like working with older kids. I miss having a summer break, but it sounds like you were so busy during yours, you didn't really get one.

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger JM said...

I can't wait for college football!

 
At 1:09 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Travis- I don't mind the Huskers, unless we play them. I acutally coach Jr and Varsity girls tennis, I can imagine the stories you have from being a ref.

Phoenix- I get the best of both worlds I get the jr high in the fall, and the varsity girls in the spring, and that why I get do dicrate how my feeder system works.

Angel- Me neither my friend me neither!

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Burr-ee-toe said...

Super yuck! The weather doesn't sound fun at all! :( Stay in an air conditioned room. That's my advice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home