I am exhausted
Alright I was up too late last night, partly because I don't go to bed early enough but mostly because of these damn storms. About midnight the warnings started rolling in, and not just thunderstorm warnings, tornado warnings. For the counties directly north of us, and a town not 10 mins from us actually had a tornado on the ground. It was some of the most intense lightning I have seen, cloud to ground it was crazy. So, I didn't go to bed til about 2ish ugh and now I am sluggish. I think it's partly because back in 1998 when I was home for summer break our house was hit by a tornado, so now I take these warnings very serious. Also lost power for about 20 seconds last night too which freaks me out that I am going to oversleep and miss work. So that was my eventful night last night, not to mention the storm triggered my neighbor security light so I had a great night light to go to bed too.
Forgive me because I am going to talk sports here for a minute. I can't belive the Boilers opener is only 16 days away, I am flipping excited! We open at Toledo, don't worry I will have a full preview the night before including predictions of all your teams. If you would like your team to be included(if I leave you out) just leave me a comment with your team's name. I have selected my first guest picker to be of course my best friend Nutz! Now onto ESPN can I just point out how much I hate Lou Holtz! I thought that as a commentator your were suppose to NOT show bias, and the jackass always pimps Notre Dame out. I am so sick of it especially since they are going to suck this year, but never fear they'll probably screw someone out of a big bowl payout when they don't deserve it. Sorry Lou, but Notre Dame has been on a serious decline for about 10 yrs now. Moving on to this stupid playing the season out before it starts, wtf!? I know shife wrote about Who's Now, in my opinion this is just as stupid idea. ESPN's talking heads basically came up with a top 10 and they are playing the season out with those teams til the end, to crown their champ, STUPID. So, there are my thoughts, I am not sure who this year's Boise State will be yet, possibly Hawaii?
Alright leaving you with 2 clips today, and I know none of you are watching them, but I don't care I like them ha. This is from 97, and might be the best comeback I have ever seen, I was on the sidelines cheering my heart of course! It's from the Michigan State game, down 21-10, they go for a field goal, we block it and Roosevelt Colvin(new england patriot) picks it up and goes in for the TD, we recover the onside kick and drive for the winning td. It was absolutely crazy in the stadium that day. I'll never forget it, enjoy at least I know Cheryl is watching ha.
Have a good one
Phats
Who is going to win So you think you can dance tonight? I am pulling for Sabra. And Hoping Dustin goes home on Big Brother, at least Evil Dick makes it interesting.


15 Comments:
ok, I am so hurt Phats. All your chat about your night last night and the ~scary storm~ and no mention of ME helping you through it, virtually holding your hand, telling you that everything is going to be ok.
Not to mention the fact that I annoyed my company by ignoring them all night because you are relentless and don't let me walk away from a conversation without you dragging me back in like some fish you are trolling for....but i guess i do keep taking the stupid bait.
So, to sum up my comment, I guess we are both to blame. ME, for being an amazing friend who will stay by your side through thick and thin and literally shelter you from the storm, and YOU, for forgetting I exist.
I tried to read the rest of your post and watch the clips, but it was too hard to see through my tears and hurt feelings.
Cher- hmmm Hey everyone cher chatted with me during the storm, but when the tornado was getting close she bailed to play chinese checkers! There happy now cher? haha
yes. thank you. was that so hard?
WOW!!!! That was AWESOME!!! I just hate the video didn't have the onside kick too to watch!! I LOVE comebacks and that is a great one!! I tell ya, it gave me chill bumps!! Thank you for sharing those with ME at least!!
You should go to my friend Mandy's blog---
www.scrappininbamacountry.blogspot.com/
She has got some awesome Bama videos out there in her last couple of posts. The goal line stand, "the" kick, etc.!!
I agree--Notre Dame is SO overrated and I think they will be really bad this year!
We open up with Western Carolina. A cream puff to get started!! But then...Vandy and then Arkansas is our first home game, then we play LSU and Tennessee and Georgia all at home. Plus we play Fla State. So it will be a tough--but fun--season!
Roll Tide and Boiler Up!
Glad you made it through without damage. I saw the shots of some of the bad news near there ... horrible stuff.
-- david
Cheryl- I am worried for our opener! I will visit that blog here in a bit. you have a stretch like we do, we have ND, UM, OSU, Iowa all in a row YIKES! Fla State will be tough. I can't wait. Our first HS game is tonight, my girls don't wanna cheer in the heat ha WIMPS
David- Thank you, I am glad too :)
Here's to a succesful season for your Boilermakers.
I too am ready for football, but I still have a few concerns about my Huskers.
Try not to get taken to Oz. No big storms here. Just lots and lots of rain.
Glad you didn't suffer too much phats.
I always use the alarm on the cell phone just in case.
Have a great weekend!
Just as long as Boise State isn't this year's Boise State again. Man I am tired of it already and the season hasn't even started. Yeah ESPN sucks. They show hardly any objectivity anymore, and basically just support stuff they show on their networks. Have a good one.
I'd freak out too if a Tornado once hit my house. I hate when I don't get sleep on work nights, it makes me want to slit my throat. I can only function without sleep if I don't really need to function, but at work I can't look like I want to keel over.
Hope you catch some Zzzzzz'z.
Yeah I got stuck at work for another hour b/c of the storm. They said the tornado was heading for the 2 counties where my work sits. Nice, eh?
It was a creepy night. But we can't really complain b/c tornado season hasn't been too bad....*knocking on wood*
Travis- I hope so too!! We tried to get a series with the huskers
Fuzz- hope ya have a good umbrella
Pixie- Thanks, I dont have a cell phone
Shife- Boise will struggle this year, just my opinion(SORRY DUCK)
GG- thank you and I did, you like who won SYTYCD?
DG- I will refrain until Jan when it's over for sure. We had a tornado warning last year in December
duuuude- we watch them! we watch them!
damien's response to the first one was "holy crap half a field without being touched"!!!
i haven't seen enough to fully understand the game- but i LOVE these clips!
I LOVE storms. I sit outside and watch lightning. I know, I'm just weird that way.
But I'm glad to hear you made it thru the night with no harm. :)
I'm not a huge football fan (NHL hockey is my thing) but I do follow Penn State.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home