Sunday, November 07, 2010

It's a Boilermaker Remix

Sorry I dropped the ball on getting picks up this week, I will try harder this week just a hectic week in the life of Phats. As for the football action over the weekend it was a great day at Ross Ade even in defeat a much needed getaway. The Boilers fell to the #7 Wisconsin Badgers but put up a hell of a fight. We were down a TD with 9 mins to go in the 4th quarter when it all started to unravel on us. Lets remember we're playing a TRUE Freshman at Qb who was suppose to redshirt and number 5 on the depth chart so he never expected that redshirt to come off. However, he settled down this week and actually looked pretty good in spurts. We led 10-6 at half but the Badgers came out ready to play in the 2nd. Next week we play the high flying Michigan Wolverines at home in a game we have a good shot at winning and if we do then would just need to get one more win for a bowl. Obviously our offense is going to have to put pts up since UM is coming off a 60+ pt performance this past Saturday. Boiler Up!

Around College Football
I have to say I have heard it before and seend it before but the Wisconsin fans are the most
obnoxious fanbase in the big ten and possibly the country. Not to mention classless and clueless

Nice win for TCU over Utah over the weekend, but I am not sure how good Utah actually was/is. Don't get me wrong TCU is good but not so sure how good.

This would be an ideal year for the plus 1 model. I am OPPOSED to a playoff system, we don't need it for one. Our regular season is our playoff and usually only 3 or 4 teams tops belong in the conversation. So do the plus one model so this year seed the top four by rankings so have Oregon vs Boise Auburn vs TCU and then the winners play. I know what about if you don't have 4 undefeated teams? No matter what you do people are going to bitch this makes the most sense.

My Top 5
1- Oregon
2- Boise State
3- Auburn
4- TCU
5- Stanford.

Around here it's hoops season baby! The Boiler men started their exhibition slate with a big win over the University of Indianapolis and play again Tuesday. While the women concluded their exhibition games today with a resounding 99-45 win over Indianapolis. We had a girl at the free throw line with 10 secs left made her first missed her second or we would have cracked 100. This womens team is going to be solid this year.

One last note very scary to see Collie go down today in the Colts game. Those that are against the helmet to helmet rule should have seen that. Apparently the announcer said he was unconcious before he hit the field. Sounds like just a concussion I know just right but that's better than a lot of things. I am not a Colts fan but man that was a scary hit.

Alright all I got for ya! Waiting for the Amazing Race to start! Tree House of Horror tonight on the Simpsons was really good loved the play on Jumanji

3 Comments:

At 1:35 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Badger fans sound like Longhorn fans.

 
At 1:07 AM , Blogger TOPolk said...

Not in favor of a playoff? You're insane Shifey. More football is never a bad thing. Throw your top 8 teams in a bracket and let 'em go at it. Higher seed hosts the games. Easy enough.

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger JM said...

Very scary hit and I am a Colts fan!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home