I am ready to BTFU are you?
First off an apology for that last post, umm I didn't really proof read it and well you saw what happened haha I was tired what can I say. I need my all time favorite proof person from HS Bekah to do it again. I should hire her, she is a published author.
Also, wanted to update you on something I think is pretty damn cool that happened today. My stud #1 singles player that thru seasons is 56-4 signed her letter of intent to play her college tennis at a division 1 school! I am now the coach of a division 1 athlete it's so exciting, and honestly couldn't have happened to a nicer girl. All signs are pointing to my #2 player signing with a smaller school in the spring. I can't wait for this season to get here.
Onto Purdue football! We take on the HATED Michigan Wolverines, and I have never really been a big fan of them, but now that Rich Rod or shall I say DICKROD is there I really hate them and want to beat them. We have beaten them two straight years and this year they feature a high scoring high attack offense. The Boilers are coming off a much improved showing against the nationally ranked Wisconsin Badgers and in a loss alot of fans left Ross Ade optimistic for this week. The weather is not looking good calling for all day rain, maybe that will help slow down Michigan because I can't see our offense outscoring them, then again their defense couldn't catch a cold. This is a big one for so many reasons but mostly because we have 3 games left and we need two wins to get bowl eligible, and our next game is a trip to East Lansing, so I like our odds this week better.
Guest picking with me this week is none other than that Golden Flash herself Design Goddess! She has taken a little hiatus from blogging it seems but she does have a post up, take a look at it and comment I am sure she would appreciate it. Now onto the picks
Off this week Skii's Ohio Bobcats
PRO GAMES
New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers(Rocket)
DG- Pats over Pitts 27-21
Phats- I wouldn't want to play the Pats this week after them losing to the Browns, Steelers have no offense Patriots will run away with it late.
PATRIOTS 31 steelers 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE PATRIOTS 39 steelers 26
DG- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
St Louis Rams(Phoenix) at San Francisco 49ers
DG- rams over the 9ers 34-7
Phats- Give me the Rams in this one 49ers haven't looked good lately
RAMS 35 49ers 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE 49ers 23 rams 20
DG- D'oh
Phats- D'oh
COLLEGE GAMES
Kansas Jayhawks at Nebraska Cornhuskers(Travis)
DG- Nebraska over Kansas - 31-24
Phats- Cornhusker Big 12 victory tour is coming to a close then they will get the reality check of playing in a real football conference :)
NEBRASKA 41 kansas 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE NEBRASKA 20 kansas 3
DG- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Minnesota Golden Gophers at Illinois Fighting Illini(Delta)
DG- Minnesota over Illinois - 26-22
Phats- Minnesota sucks, and I don't know what the hell happened to the Illini defense last week, but they will get back on track Saturday
ILLINOIS 49 minnesota 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE MINNESOTA 38 illinois 34(Nice pick DG!)
DG- WOOHOO
Phats- D'oh
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide(Booya, Cheryl, Gary)
DG- Bama over bulldogs 27-17
Phats- I would love nothing more than to see Bama lose another one but it won't happen at home that's for sure. It will happen when the ineligible Cam Newton runs all over them.
ALABAMA 31 mississippi state 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE ALABAMA 30 mississippi state 10
DG- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Boise State Broncos(Duck) at Idaho Vandals(Shife)
DG- Idaho over Broncos 21-12
Phats- Man Shife would be in heaven if his Vandals pulled off this shocker, unfortunately I just don't see that happening sorry Shife, but good news for Duck!
BOISE STATE 66 idaho 3
EDIT FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE 52 idaho 14
DG- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO
Mississippi Rebels at Tennessee Volunteers(Tiggy)
DG- Rebels over Volunteers 28-6
Phats- Wow DG picking against your sister's team HARSH! But I agree :)
MISSISSIPPI 24 tennessee 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE TENNESSEE 52 mississippi 14
DG- D'oh
Phats- D'oh
Kansas State Wildcats at Missouri Tigers(Delta)
DG- Tigers over Wildcats 7-0
Phats- This could be a good game, I think Missouri pulls out a close one
MISSOURI 21 kansas state 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE MISSOURI 38 kansas state 28
DG- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Cincinnati Bearcats at West Virginia Mountaineers(Angel Jr)
DG- Cincy over WVa 31-17
Phats- Wow the Big Least is awful, this might be a shootout or a snoozefest who the hell knows, I like Angel Jr he's a cool guy so give me the Eers
WEST VIRGINIA 31 cincinnati 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE WEST VIRGINIA 37 cincinnati 10
DG- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO
Texas Tech Red Raiders(Jef & Fuzz) at Oklahoma Sooners
DG- Texas Tech over Oklahoma 24-14 (One of them has to be right, right?!)
Phats- There used to be an OU fan that read this blog not sure what happened to her, but BOOMER SOONER baby.
OKLAHOMA 42 texas tech 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE OKLAHOMA 45 texas tech 7
DG- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO
Georgia Bulldogs at Auburn Tigers(Heff & Leeann)
DG- Auburn over Georgia - 34-28
Phats- How focused is Cam Newton when new rumors(yes rumors until proven true) surface it seems like daily. It won't matter on the field Auburn will run all over them all day long
AUBURN 52 geogia 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE AUBURN 49 georgia 31
DG- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
Oklahoma State Cowboys at Texas Longhorns(Gary & Cheryl)
DG- Texas over Oklahoma 24-14
Phats- It's tempting to pick the Horns in this one especially being at home, and surely they are going to get it right sometime this season. OSU has had a great season and that will continue as they eek one out on the road
OKLAHOMA STATE 28 texas 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE OKLAHOMA STATE 33 texas 16
DG- D'oh
Phats- WOOHOO
Florida State Seminoles at Clemson Tigers(Topolk)
DG- Florida State over Clemson 30-27
Phats- The ACC is like the Big East, it SUCKS this might be a good game, it might be a blowout who knows. All I know is FSU is the better team and they will win plus I am still mulling options of moving to Florida.
FLORIDA STATE 35 clemson 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE FLORIDA STATE 16 clemson 13
DG- WOOHOO
Phats- WOOHOO
BIG GAME OF THE WEEK
South Carolina Gamecocks at Florida Gators
DG- Florida over SC - 17-12
Phats- I believe this is for the division title correct? Florida has looked downright awful at times but has seemed to turn it around a bit, and this is at the swamp. GATOR CHOMP baby
FLORIDA 28 south carolina 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE SOUTH CAROLINA 36 florida 14
DG- D'oh
Phats- D'oh
Army Black Knights at Kent State Golden Flashes(DG)
DG- Kent State over Army - 53-6
Phats- We just had veterans day so it's kind of hard to pick against Army, bur I also hate picking against my guest pickers what to do what to do, oh hell give me the FLASHES!
KENT STATE 31 army 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE ARMY 45 kent state 28
DG- D'oh
Phats- D'oh
Michigan Wolverines at Purdue Boilermakers(me!)
DG- Purdue over Michigan (cause I CAN'T vote for Michigan) - 38-21
Phats- We need this one in the worst way just to get back on the winning track and call me nuts but I think it's there for the taking. Our offense will HAVE to put up points, and the defense slows down UM at all we can do it. I like our chances, plus possibly 3 heroes could be on hand, Neil Armstrong and Captain Sully for sure both Purdue alums, but also possibly Drew Brees since the Saints are on their bye week, and we can't lose with those amazing individuals there can we??? BOILER UP..... HAMMER DOWN BABY
PURDUE 31 michigan 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE MICHIGAN 27 purdue 16 and yes we got SOAKED
DG- D'oh
Phats- D'oh(D played a HELL of a game but no offense BAH)
BONUS PICK PURDUE MENS BASKETBALL
BOILERS 84 howard 48
Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!
Labels: Phat


6 Comments:
Hell, Phats. I HOPE you're right !
I think Auburn/Ga is gonna be CLOSE, but I don't think the allegations are bothering Cam AT ALL.
Wow, I knew DG didn't like me, but I didn't think she'd stoop so low as to pick the freaking Vandals! ;)
I would be been pretty darn happy if the Vandals won but I do not see it happening this year. Congrats on your tennis player getting a scholarship. Very cool, and good luck to the Boilers this weekend.
The Pats (who just lost to Clevland) over the Steelers in Pittsburgh? Like they say on ESPN Countdown, "Come on man!"
There is no way the Steelers lose this game at home to the Pats who ahve no defense and the Steelers who have the top defense.
Steelers win 31 - 20.
Right now Pitt is favored by 4.5
All right, I guess I have to change my tune to "Come on Steelers, what the hell was that?"
I have so much left over Reese Cups, it isn't funny...
I know the comment isn't relevant, but I'm eating this candy right now as I type.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home