Wasn't that painful
So, I went into yesterday's game not feeling like we could win it, and deciding to have a great time, soak in the atmosphere, and if we won be happy. We didn't win we lost 20-6 to the #6 team in the country. First off it was an absolutely beautiful day for football at Ross Ade, gorgeous weather. Secondly we didn't play bad, just not good enough to win, and thirdly it doesn't get any easier as we travel to Nationally Ranked Ohio State this Saturday. The good news every game on the back half of the schedule is winnable. We just need to hang in there for one more week.
As for the picks
Design Goddess 5-8
Phats - 9-4 (Overall 48-19)
Some Observations
You can't leave points on the field and expect to beat a top ten team. Our second drive with the score 0-0 we hook a field goal, add that to the final score 20-9. Drive before half we have a great drive going again, and yes our kicker misses again(the same kicker who missed the game winner vs Oregon). add that to the score 20-12. We finally score a TD, our first offensive TD against Penn State in 2 years, and we miss the extra point add that to the score 20-13 and you have a 1 TD game. If you expect to compete with the big boys you have to make your opportunities count.
Tiller did indeed bench Painter, and our back QB led us on a TD drive. However, Tiller is saying he will start Painter Saturday. I am OK with this decision seeing as how it would be hard as hell to go into the horseshoe and play a back up QB. He did however state that our kicker is benched and our backup Freshman will know be the man.
Who in their right mind can blame Alabama for having somewhat of a letdown game? After such a huge win over UGA, and a dangerous UK team coming to town, I am not surprised this game was close. I saw Bama's schedule and it looks like beat LSU, and win the SEC Title game and you can punch that ticket to the title game. Cheryl did you watch the UK cheerleaders at all?
The Big 12 and SEC are at a big disadvantage with the top 5 being from both of those conferences they will play their own game of survivor, and then have to possibly beat a great opponent twice in a conference title game. Penn State goes undefeated they will be in the title game since the Big Ten has no conference championship game.
Oklahoma is really good, I have watched all the top teams play on TV, and they look like a clearcut #1. Texas is better than I thought, which makes their game vs OU this weekend a HUGE match up, the winner stays alive for the national title. Glad to see Ball State crack the top 25! Go Cards!
The SEC claims they have the best football in the country, that might be, but the Big Ten HANDS DOWN has the best bands in the country! The Penn State Blue Band visited and they are good I love watching their drum major do his punch front flip. Of course my favorite is the All American Marching Band at Purdue, it's crazy how good they considering Purdue has no school of music. Their halftime show Saturday was awesome!
Could we be headed towards a BCS bowl matchup of two teams not from BCS conferences? BYU and Boise State could meet in a bowl game. I love watching Boise play, love the trick plays they use in their offense. They need to beat Fresno and I can't see how they get left out of the BCS picture.
Finally if you are a college basketball fan you need to try this game. You are the coach you recruit diaper dandies and try to get your contract extended. The best I have done was a National Champion, and an extension to 2025 before getting fired.
http://www.kesslerfreedman.com/dynasty/
Alright everyone have a great week! Good TV night, I love the Amazing Race, and the Simpsons are new as well.
Phats


5 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
I swear I can't spell sometimes. I deleted that. Let's try that again.
Sorry about the Boilers Phats. They hung tough for a bit. I think it is time for me to consider a new team because it is a given the Vandals are going to lose every week. What do you think? Am I being a wuss for bailing on Idaho or just a realist?
Woo hoo! I got a 58!!!! :oD
I love how you give a breakdown of not only more than one team but more than one conference. And not just the football! Nice job
Focusing on the bands, Phats? Wow, that's saying a lot about the playing on the field ...
The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced this will be a solid year for your basketball boys. And another good year will keep recruiting up--you may have a steady top notch program building!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home