Vacation Wrap Up
Hello Kids
First off I will get the sports talk out of the way. A big thank you to Cheryl for her great guest post, if you missed it scroll down and check it out. Secondly I hate to brag but I did predict a BIG Bama win, it's just lucky they were playing the Clemson Girl Scouts and not my Boilers haha sorry Topolk. I will be starting my predictions this Friday,and I will be picking the guest picker tomorrow or Wednesday for week 1. Alright moving on.

I recently took the last vacation of summer to Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island in Mason OH. It was a family vacation, celebrating my nephew's 4th birthday. He was asked what he wanted and he said to go to Great Wolf! For those that don't know Great Wolf Lodge is a giant indoor water park, that's right next door to Kings Island so it was a win/win for me. We went the 22nd - 24th we all met up at my sister's and took off around 3 separated in girls car and boys car. I put my IPOD on and slept making the 2 hr drive seem like nothing.

Got there Friday around 5ish and all of us got on our swimsuits and headed straight for the water park, it was a pretty cool place. My 3 nephews are like fish, and I think they scare the lifeguards for sport it's quite funny. After the little ones started in the kiddie area, we all moved on to the racing slides which were cool, then hit the family raft ride. It was a blast! The more people you had the faster you went, and we had the max of 5 people so we flew down that baby. Tried out the wave pool that was fun, and then my favorite the lazy river, since everyone knows I am a lazy person. After a great night at the water park we had a nice dinner which the birthday boy Caden fell asleep during ha!

Saturday was my favorite day because I got to go to Kings Island! I am a coaster nut I love roller coasters, so I was all excited. We did split shifts because more than one person wanted to go but some people had to stay with the kids. So, my brother in law and I went first right as it opened and headed for the newest roller coaster there called Firehawk. Design Goddess it used to be at Geauga Lake, you lay down it was crazy! I have never gone up a hill on my back before that was wild. When it was over we had to wait to unload, laying on our backs for a few minutes evidently the train in front of us some girl chickened out and it took awhile to get her off. Crazy. My brother in law and I got on all the major coasters there, including my favorite The Beast! The best wooden roller coaster in the world hands down. After lunch we headed back to the hotel, cooled off in the water, and then my brother in law's dad and I ventured back to Kings Island. Now, he wanted to go, but when he saw the roller coasters up close he started to get cold feet. We spent the whole first hour walking to each of them so he could see if he could do them. It was kind of funny actually haha. I finally got him on one, a family coaster and let me tell ya I have never been more nervous to be on a roller coaster, but luckily he loved it. He did talk me onto a water ride, I usually don't ride those no interest in walking around with my clothes soaked. Of course we got drenched! After that he started getting more brave and we got on the racer a wooden coaster, and then I talked him onto the Beast for the last ride of the night! The best time to ride that ride is late at night because it goes so fast, and through the woods so you have no clue where you're going it's so awesome, again was very nervous for him, but after the first hill he was screaming Hallelujah Jesus! So I am pretty sure he liked it.
The last day of the trip was more of the water park then headed back home to conclude our last trip of the summer. It was a great trip had a lot of fun and enjoyed being with my family which is a rarity. I can't believe it's September already!
Everyone have a great week, and get ready for Boilermaker Football
BTFU!
Phats


12 Comments:
Look like a great time. Nebraska beat Western Michigan this weekend by the way.
You gonna do your weekly pics again. Count me in if you have room one week.
Travis- Nice win for the huskers! Of course I was already counting you in, but I am waiting til the meat of the schedule for you to pick
I love coasters as well so that looks like a cool vacation. Ain't it nice with the smell of pigskin in the air.
Sounds like fun!
Oh! and WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
Evyl- Coasters are awesome the bigger the better! yea I am excited for football for sure.
Pissy- It was fun :) and Go Auburn, although Cheryl will hate me for that haha
I love coasters!! My daughter Delaney is the only one that will ride them with me, but she will only ride the ones that don't flip. McKenna will ride them, just not with me. Hmmmm, something about being 16....
Go BAMA!! Manhandled #9 in the nation! Yea Baby!!
Did they let you stay IN the lodge or did you have to sleep in your car?
Knot
Looks like you guys had fun. I would have been "icky" if I had gone :)
Sounds like a really fun time! (LOL at your nephews scaring lifeguards for fun!) I'm a Coaster Wimp, so I don't enjoy the theme parks as much as Gary, McKenna, and Delaney do. They'll pretty much ride anything.
Hey--keep predicting big for Bama. Maybe you're our lucky charm. Can't wait for the picks to get started.
I love water parks.
Happy birthday to your nephew!!
Man I SO want to go to KI! I haven't been there in years! Is it better since it's not Paramount anymore? I thought that made it a little cheesy except for the little "walk of fame" they had there. Have a pic of Skii laying next to the "Psycho" stone and looking...well....a little psycho! :0D
We should def make it a point to get there next summer. Would be about the same distance for everyone (+ 2hrs for me to get to Columbus). What do you think?!
Sounds like an amazing trip, I'm so glad.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home