Sunday, August 17, 2008

Learn It

With college football season right around the corner, I am giving you all some study material for the upcoming season. I expect you ALL to learn this.



So, the olympics how great have they been? The opening ceremonies were awesome, even if some of the fireworks were fake. The only thing that bothered me was the little girl who sang. Did you hear that story? The original singer was told she wasn't cute enough and was replaced. As for the events
Love
Beach Volleyball. Misty May and Kerry Walsh amazing! Nice comeback for the American men as well.
Swimming- How exciting was it watching Phelps go 8 for 8 I sure hope he's clean. The one thing that bothers me though is I am not ready to call him the greatest of all time. Sure he will go down as 1 of the greatest, but it's hard to mix match events, I mean he is allowed to swim 8 events, other sports don't have as many medal chances. Seems like a good guy. Dara Torres the old lady is awesome wish she would have won the 50.
Gymnastics- Felt AWFUL for Alicia Sacramone during team finals, that's the pressure though of 3 up 3 count. What is even harder probably is that Alicia probably wouldn't have done beam if Chellsie Memmel wasn't injured, those are the breaks though. There is NO WAY some of those Chinese girls are 16 but what can you do? Even though it is a BIG advantage to be younger in this sport. Was so happy to see Nastia and Shawn go 1-2 in the All Around, and I was even happier Nastia won it since I like her a little bit better.
Softball- I have been watching these games on CNBC how amazing are these women, I have seen 2 of them tomahawk a homer crazy. My new favorite player is Jessica Mendoza she's awesome, sorry Kaitlin Lowe.
New sports I have found
I stayed up WAY too late one night watching womens fencing the US swept gold, silver, and bronze, yet when it came to team competition they got beat how is that possible?
Badmitton, makes me wanna play it ha. The speed of the game in the olympics is NUTS.

Well, that's really I got for ya, Cheryl will be the next person to post on this blog look for her post later this week. Have a great week

Phats

13 Comments:

At 12:35 AM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Maybe you can post My Stadium Mondays about your game weekends and take part in My town Mondays.

 
At 7:11 AM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

I've got just the thing for you when you have Purdue Parties at your house......but you'll have to wait 'til I get the pics off my cell phone first.

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Sports Nut that I am, of course I have LOVED everything about the Olympics. Love the gymnastics; Nastia is my new fave. And, you know, I have watched some of the fencing too and it has been really interesting. Yes, the softball gals are pretty dominating (to say the least).

I'm VERY excited about guest posting next week. I sorta considered a post entitled "Why Bama football is way better than Purdue football" then decided that you might commit murder. LOL So, it will be something tamer...but still, of course, with a total "I'm addicted to college football" emphasis!

Loved the Purdue fight song. Maybe I can teach you "Yea Alabama." And, by the way, I need a Purdue schedule to see if any are on tv...I've got my Purdue tshirt all ready to wear!

See ya!

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Linda said...

My fav. in the gymnastics has been Shawn! :)

It is crazy how Phelps does. Isn't funny how the swimmers arms look like rubber or is it just me???

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger JM said...

The Olympics has kept me glued to the television for the last week or so.
Yes, it was exciting to watch Phelps go 8 for 8. And like you I do feel bad about the gymnastics team.

 
At 1:02 AM , Blogger TOPolk said...

I've been loving the Olympics as I've definitely spend more time than necessary watching sports I won't care about next month. But it has definitely risen some interesting questions...like where does the USA actually find enough quality players to field a Men's Volleyball team?

Ah well. Either way, it's definitely been a great way to pass the time until college football starts. Just a few more days...

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Hey again Phats!
Just wanted to ask you to come check out my new blog. I'm going to do day-after analyses of Bama games, plus other Bama news and fun stuff on this blog here--
www.tidechick.blogspot.com (Leave me some love on it!! lol)

I was gonna send you my guest post over the weekend. Do you want it by Friday? I can do that, if you need it then!

 
At 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo PURDUE!!!!!! Go Big Brother! DONNA MARTIN GRADUATES!

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

i haven't forgotten the anthem since last season!
:D
i watched pretty much only the mens gymnastics.
as a south african... the olympics pretty much sucked.

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Melanie Miday-Stern said...

GO BUCKS!!! LOL Anyway, I loved the Olympics too. Have been up way to late to watch. (THANK YOU DVR!)

Can't wait for football season!!! It should be a great year for all my favs.

Melanie

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

I think this is the first sports post I've ever been qualified to comment on!! I will miss the Olympics, but I will not miss being able to go to sleep!! I loved the beach volleyball - May-Treanor/Walsh AND Dalhausser/Rogers or however they spell it. I see now why Matt likes volleyball so much! I cried for all of Phelps' races, though some of them I was too nervous to watch. I'm with you - I like Nastia a little better than Shawn, but I was glad when either of them did well. And I really wish the IOC would get to the bottom of the age thing because that is annoying me.

But as for learning songs....yeah that's probably not going to happen. and even if it did, TRUST me you wouldn't want to hear me sing it.

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Bekah said...

I think this is the first sports post I've ever been qualified to comment on!! I will miss the Olympics, but I will not miss being able to go to sleep!! I loved the beach volleyball - May-Treanor/Walsh AND Dalhausser/Rogers or however they spell it. I see now why Matt likes volleyball so much! I cried for all of Phelps' races, though some of them I was too nervous to watch. I'm with you - I like Nastia a little better than Shawn, but I was glad when either of them did well. And I really wish the IOC would get to the bottom of the age thing because that is annoying me.

But as for learning songs....yeah that's probably not going to happen. and even if it did, TRUST me you wouldn't want to hear me sing it.

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger pure evyl said...

They don't play badmiton like I did as a kid.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home