Thursday, August 07, 2008

Guess what came today?

First off yes, I have been MIA lately but this is my vacation a great vacation of 2 weeks sitting on my duff doing absolutely nothing but watching TV. It's ridiculous that we go back the 13th, and I am definitely not ready. Lets see since I last blogged I had my 1 yr check up in Fort Wayne for my kidney and my doctor reminded me it's been almost 20 yrs since the transplant, making me feel old, then I made Bekah feel old by telling her that. It was a good check up! He barely even looked at me I was done in 10 mins then he proceeds to tell me he is probably changing hospitals again because his wife can't find a job in FW. Looks like Carmel and then he gets my hopes up by saying or possibly Kokomo. So that is exciting I guess. That hospital in Fort Wayne is absolutely beautiful though I will miss going there.

Alright to answer the question in my title, guess what came today!? I love going to the mailbox and getting the mail when something is in it other than bills. Today was the day, my Purdue Season Tickets Arrived, forcing a Boiler Up cheer out of me and a couple backhandsprings as I came back inside. This means football season is close to starting again!! Phats will then become a full time blogger again folks. I am definitely doing guest picking again, and I hope you all will want to be involved if you have never been asked and would like to do it this season shoot me an email
phats_blog_email@yahoo.com
Purdue plays 12 games and doesn't open the until the second week of the actual season so that is when I will start the predictions. Also if you would like your team to be included let me know, if I don't hear from anyone I will just go by the teams I had from last year, and of course adding Clemson for Topolk. I am going to have a guest poster probably the week before the first game, she won a contest and this will be part of her prize.

This will be an exciting season for my Beloved Boilermakers. As this will be Coach Joe Tiller's last season. It's sad because this is the man who singlehandily revived our pathetic football program. I remember going to the games in the early 90's and we could literally sit anywhere we wanted and stretch out. Now games are sold out, excitement in the stadium can at times be electric and in the last 11 years we have been to 10 bowl games including the Rose Bowl which I got to cheer for! Hopefully we can send Coach out a winner! Kickoff is 25 days away!

Nothing else is going on here. I am excited to watch both So you think you can dance finale, and Big Brother tonight. I want Katee to win on SYTYCD and on Big Brother I am hoping they see the light and vote that douchebag jesse out. Hmm I am going somewhere here soon we are celebrating my nephew's 4th birthday at Great Wolf Lodge in Mason OH which is right next door to Kings Island. We will be there a full weekend, so Kristen and I are going to head of over to Kings Island and do the big kid rides on the Saturday, love roller coasters.

Everyone have a great Thursday and

BTFU!!
Phats

11 Comments:

At 2:40 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

oh that is SO cool!!!

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Is that the scent of pigskin I catch in the air?

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Angel- YEP!!

Travis- God I can't wait I love football season, how are the Huskers going to be?

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Bekah said...

Hey I made the post! YAY!!!! :) I have been checking for one often lately...I just thought you might have a new one soon! :)

Thanks for reminding me how OLD we are... ;)

 
At 9:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Join the viral campaign on Evyl's mom and vote for her as freak of the week.

Evyl's mom is so freakishly hairy that she has side burns on her tits.

- Crazy Dan

 
At 4:38 AM , Blogger DaBich said...

Hey friend, glad to see you're doing well.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE rollercoasters!

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger TOPolk said...

Welcome back. Hopefully my season tickets will arrive at my doorstep shortly as well. Just a few more weeks...

And I personally will be looking very forward to your pal's guest post. Hopefully she posts after my Tigers break one off in Alabama in front of a national audience.

** I love football season **

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Linda said...

YEAH Football time!! :)

 
At 1:26 AM , Blogger Melanie Miday-Stern said...

Darn Skippy I want to be a guest picker. A full time gig would be great too!

HUGS sweetie!!!

Mel

 
At 8:18 AM , Blogger JM said...

Have fun. Amusement park rides make me throw up.

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger Gunngirl said...

Glad you got your tickets! I know when I'm excited about a DVD so I understand. :)

Oh, and you know who won SYTYCD? I finally saw the finale and was SOOOOO surprised. Don't wanna spoil it if you haven't seen it. I'm gonna miss that show! :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home