Sunday, September 28, 2008

I blame it on Gary

Well, the good news is nobody cared about our game yesterday especially after an embarrassing loss. With all the upsets, and great match-ups it was an exciting day of college football, with the biggest winner being Alabama, holy cow what a display. Hopefully for Gary and Cheryl they can keep it up! Great game guys :)

Results from Travis and I's attempts to pick these games were a little bit better for me.
Travis 7-6
Phats 8-5 (Overall 39-15)

Observations
Alabama looked good in the first half, and looked like they lost focus in the second which usually happens when you're up that big. I hate to admit this, but I found myself rooting for Georgia in the second half when it looked like the Dawgs were going to comeback, I love those kind of stories. I will say this about Bama, I have no idea how but they get some of the best calls in the world, I wish my Boilers got half the calls they get! I think a couple of those roughing calls were cheap at best, and on Georgia's homefield! Good for you if you can get the calls more power to ya. This is all Alabama Nation needs though to get bigger heads than they already have, they were voted one of the most arrogant fan bases in the country(Cheryl excluded!)

Oklahoma is the best team in the country, yep I know I said that about USC, but I don't see the Sooners losing to a bad team like the Trojans did. If they slip up it will be vs. one of the tough Big 12 teams they have to play.

I have changed my mind, the Big 12 is the best conference in the country and I put the SEC slightly behind them. Although I still think Texas Tech is massively overrated, but maybe Florida was too? The weakest is easily the ACC, and I don't think that even Topolk can argue in their favor anymore. When your supposed best team loses to Navy that's a problem, and I was sorry to see Clemson lose to the Terps. Tough year for the ACC, whoever their champ plays in a BCS bowl will be licking their chops.

When I lose at something whether it be a tennis match, or my Boilers, or anything the best thing for me is to get right back and play again to wash that memory away. Thankfully this was not Purdue's last game, unfortunately the next one is top 10 Penn State, ought oh! Our defense was GOD awful yesterday, on a day when our offense actually played well, our QB almost threw for 400 yards, but still left too many points on the field. If our D was that bad against a pathetic Irish team, I am not sure what Penn State will do to us this weekend. However, I am the optimist and will be there rooting on my Boilers! Unlike some of our fans counting down the day til our top 15 basketball team takes the court.

Non Football Related
Excited that good TV starts again! Although I watch WAY too much tv, I am glad to have back all my favorite shows and not having to watch reruns. Nothing else going on here, after a slow week last week for homecoming, this week will pick up.

Phats

10 Comments:

At 4:55 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Awww Phats...I HATE that Purdue lost.I actually yelled "Boiler Up!" very loudly twice yesterday (while Delaney sat there and yelled "Go Irish!" I don't know how I raised her so wrong!) Seriously...I was surprised that you guys lost. That was a tough one!

And, cmon now, give us Bama fans a break! It's our "birthright" to be back on top!!! LOL (Just trying to match up to those "arrogant fan" assumptions!!) Actually...we have a very LONG season still to go. We have Ole Miss in two weeks (that could actually be tough) and still LSU on the schedule! So, it will be a hard one!! But for now..we're #2 and we're thrilled!!!

(I just watched the game again on DVR and the calls against Ga looked legit to me. They've been penalized all season long, so it wasn't just against us!!)

Your blog title is TOO funny!!! I told you not to get Gary on your bad side.

Roll Tide!!
Boiler UP!!!!!

 
At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your nod to the Big 12.

Knot

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger JM said...

I am really excited for the new television season. Especially "The Office" and "Scrubs".

 
At 1:01 AM , Blogger Phats said...

Cheryl- First off CONGRATS!! i see number 2 in one poll and what 4/5 in the other? That's great!! UK will be tough but if you can take UGA you can take UK! I just feel like Bama gets a ton of great calls, and wish we got them too haha everything seems to go against us all the time, we need some Tide Magic please. And you saw I excluded you but NOT GARY from the fans hahahahaha :)

Knot- I truly believe the Big 12 is the best

Angel- I love new tv season gets me all excited. Loved the Amazing Race tonight!

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger Duck said...

I watched most of that Alabama/Georgia game, and I'm not seeing these "great calls" you're talking about. I saw an Alabama team that was just plain better than the Georgia team, and Georgia did not handle the adversity well at all.

It's starting to sound like you have some sort of grudge against the Crimson Tide. Did they beat Purdue really badly at some point? ;)

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Phats! I was 2-1 on the three I picked. I really thought TN would beat Auburn because Auburn had NO offense. I didn't count on how much TN SUCKED at everything!!!! It hurt to watch that game so we didn't watch all of it....

Sorry about your team... I had to go with The Irish for Delaney... Her Mom gives her too much grief!

I watched the first half of that Bama Game again and GA beat there selves with those penalties. I couldn't see them called any other way. One hit on JP was when he had already made the completion and was walking away. You can't call that anything but roughing the passer. Complete lack of discipline.

Great weekend of Football!!

Roll Tide!
Boiler UP!

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Well crap. that says it for my picks as well as my Huskers.

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Booya said...

As a new reader and a Tide fan, I will have to admit that I am very proud of how the team played. But, you do have a point about the fanbase, sadly it's the fans with nothing better to do and internet access who do the most damage to the Tide fans image. And I will be watching this weeks game with a house full of UK relatives. I hope that we don't tank this game as we have in the past. Win a big game then loose to a team we shoud beat. Ala ULM last year. And interesting bit of trivia, this time last year LSU was ranked #2 and lost to Kentucky, yikes!

By the way, boiler fan here as well. My uncle is an alumi so I have a special place for Purdue in my heart as well.

And the SEC is the best conference :)

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Sorry about the Boilers especially since I know how much you despise the Golden Domers. Just be grateful you are not a Vandal fan. Every week it just gets worse and worse. Hope you are enjoying the good TV.

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm, is booya talking about me Phats??? :)

Roll Tide!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home