GO BOILERS!!!

Welcome to another week of Purdue football! First off thanks for all of you who voted for Lindsay, it was appreciated. Talk about a BIG game for the Boilers it's close to a must win, we could survive a loss, but we'd rather not. The Boilers, along with Phats, travel to Evanston to take on one of the better stories in college football the 5-1 Northwestern Wildcats. The game is a noon kickoff on ESPN 2. If our offense shows up at all I think we win, if they play like they have the last three games we'll lose plain and simple. I laugh at all these debbie downers thinking we just absolutely suck, look at who we have played. At the time #16 Oregon, a better than what I even originally thought Notre Dame, and top 15 teams in Ohio State and Penn State, sorry we're not Texas Tech we don't schedule cupcakes every week. So, all I am asking from Boilers is the offense returns to its normal self of putting up big numbers and most importantly POINTS!
This week's guest picker is in football heaven right now because the two teams he roots for currently sit at #1 and #2 how is that for knowing how to pick teams. Gary, who wanted me to put this disclaimer, "I'm an amateur at this, and didn't do the spread" He is busy with work so he just picked winners no commentary. Also, he is going to owe me a life supply of coca cola if I win WOOHOO! If you would like check out his blog over on the links under Gary. By the way he is married to a BIG sports nut, Cheryl and I expect her to chime in on his picks ha. Onto the picks, Kent State, West Virginia, and Auburn are all off this week.
Ohio Bobcats(Skiingred) at Temple Owls*game is actually next week
Gary- Who Cares? (not sure how this will count on your record Gary)
Phats- I kind of agree this should be a bad game. Both teams are awful but I like skii so I will go with her alma mater, plus Temple used to be God awful
OHIO 28 temple 14
Nebraska Cornhuskers(Travis) at Iowa State Cyclones
Gary- NEBRASKA over iowa state
Phats- Iowa State is not very good, Nebraska looked really good last week, but I am still pissed they didn't pull the upset since I picked them. However, I like how this Nebraska team is coming around
NEBRASKA 31 iowa state 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE NEBRASKA 35 iowa state 7
Gary = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Clemson Tigers(Topolk)
Gary- CLEMSON over georgia tech
Phats- I have cousins who are DIEHARD Tech fans, and they would kill me if they saw my pick. Clemson fired Bowden and will start this new era of Tiger football off with a win. Anyway see Tech about lose to Gardner Webb last week?!
CLEMSON 35 georgia tech 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE GEORGIA TECH 21 clemson 17
Gary = D'oh
Phats = D'oh
Hawaii Warriors at Boise State Broncos(Duck)
Gary- HAWAII over boise state Cheryl (my wife) said I was crazy with this pick. Her exact quote "I think Boise State will CREAM Hawaii." But I'm sticking with my guns....
Phats- Wow Gary going with the upset, I just don't see it Boise is playing really well right now. I talked to Duck earlier today, and I think he cursed BYU, now I am asking him to curse all of Purdue's remaining opponents, and I will keep picking his Broncos
BOISE STATE 41 hawaii 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE 27 hawaii 7
Gary = D'oh
Phats = WOOHOO
Miami Fla Hurricanes at Duke Blue Devils(David)
Gary- MIAMI over duke
Phats- Duke has played better this year, but they won't be the canes.
MIAMI 42 duke 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE MIAMI 49 duke 31
Gary = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Texas Tech Red Raiders(Jef and Fuzz) at Texas A&M Aggies
Gary- TEXAS TECH over texas a&m
Phats- A&M used to be good and a tough place to play, what the hell happened? Tech survived big time last week, they will roll this week
TEXAS TECH 55 texas a&m 14
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS TECH 43 texas a&m 25
Gary = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Idaho Vandals(mr shife) at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
Gary- LOUISIANA TECH over idaho
Phats- This is a long ass trip for a conference game. Idaho was competitive last week, I think they will be again, but Tech will pull this one out.
LOUISIANA TECH 35 idaho 31
EDIT FINAL SCORE LOUISIANA TECH 46 idaho 14
Gary = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Tennessee Volunteers(Tiggysmum)
Gary- MISSISSIPPI STATE over tennessee
Phats- Can this end a tie? Both teams are bad, but UT is worse, Bulldogs win in a snoozefest
MISSISSIPPI 14 tennessee 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE TENNESSEE 34 mississippi state 3
Gary = D'oh
Phats = D'oh
Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions(Dabich)
Gary- PENN STATE over michigan
Phats- UM lost to Toledo, in the big house! The first loss to a MAC school ever for Michigan, things will only get worse this week, PSU will dominate from start to finish.
PENN STATE 55 michigan 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE PENN STATE 46 michigan 17(PSU should jump Bama for #2)
Gary = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Mississippi Rebels at Alabama Crimson Tide(Gary, Cheryl, and Booya)
Gary- ALABAMA over mississippi.. ROLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!
Phats- This is a dangerous game for the Tide, and I am picking this as my upset special, Alabama is due for a letdown, and lets face it Gary likes when I pick against Bama because that means they win! So you're welcome
MISSISSIPPI 28 alabama 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE ALABAMA 24 mississippi 20
Gary = WOOHOO
Phats = D'oh
BIG GAME OF THE WEEK
Ohio State Buckeyes at Michigan State Spartans
Gary- OHIO STATE over michigan state
Phats- This one is interesting, I am not sure who to go with because I could see this going either way. I am going with tradition though in the long run, even though I hate OSU
OHIO STATE 28 michigan state 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE OHIO STATE 45 michigan state 7
Gary = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Missouri Tigers at Texas Longhorns(Gary, and Cheryl)
Gary- TEXAS over mizzou
Phats- I am sold on Texas, not sold on Missouri. The Longhorns will rough up Chase Daniel and keep that #1 ranking.
TEXAS 41 missouri 31
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS 56 missouri 31
Gary = WOOHOO
Phats = WOOHOO
Purdue Boilermakers(me, booya) at Northwestern Wildcats
Gary- PURDUE over northwestern.... BOILER UP!!
Phats- This is a winnable game for sure IF the offense decides to actually play. It's hard to tell if our offense has been that bad, or if the defense of PSU and OSU is just amazing. We'll find out this week. I know one thing if Painter doesn't start producing I want him benched. Northwestern is coming off a bad loss to Michigan State, we're catching them at a good time, it will be close through 4, but we'll prevail in the end!
PURDUE 28 northwestern 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE NORTHWESTERN 48 purdue 26
Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!
BTFU!!!
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our own Purdue
GO BOILERS!
BTFU!!!


7 Comments:
Gotta get your digs in. I bet you hated to give Tech the nod. And as for last week a win is a win.
ALL IN!!!
Go Tigers!! Dabomania is runnin' wild!!!
Tech and A&M is a big rivalry game. There's a lot at stake for the Ags and Tech is coming off a bad showing. This should be a tough one to call. If Tech gets out ahead early look for a Tech win. If A&M keeps it within a touchdown, don't turn the channel.
Knot
Yep, I was psyched about the BYU game. Told you they weren't that good. I've been trying to curse Purdue's opponents, but I guess it doesn't have the same impact, sorry.
Oh, and Gary needs to get off the crack rock.
Pure- Good point a win is a win
Topolk- haha playing poker? Go Clemson!
Knot- I don't think it will be close but we'll see
duck- What do i get for picking Boise?? :) a youtube video? haha
Phat--
Holy CRAP!!!! I was sitting there watching the end of our game saying "We are going to lose this game. i can just feel it." And then, lo and behold,our defense holds em one last time! I don't know what happened; we looked SO good in the first half, and then awful in the second. But a win is a win, right?
I was very surprised by the Purdue score. I was able to actually watch the first half before going off to Sydney's softball closing ceremonies, and was upset to see them behind so much. Yuck!! I hope that your season gets better next week...
You know what game made me sicker than just about anything? The USC win. They are still getting so much BCS love, but their schedule is so weak. But they put up 69 points on WSU (who is BEYOND bad); ugh! I wish we could play USC!
Now off to watch Texas...Go Horns!
(And oh Gary...I kinda had it right about Boise State, huh?)
Wow, Penn State won again. Amazing!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home