Thursday, November 08, 2007

Last home game

First off some business to take care of. Remember how I complained about the refs last week, well 2 of them are apparently facing suspension, while 2 others are facing being fired. Sure it doesn't overturn the bad calls they made against us or give us the win, but it does make you feel a little better they are being held responsible. Cheryl also pointed this out to me today by sending me an article thanks Cheryl! Also, think any of those University of Kentucky fans are wishing they had Tubby Smith still, after the Cats lost their second game of the season to Gardner Webb at Rupp. Moving on.

The Boilers play their final home game Saturday versus the Michigan State Spartans at Noon, the game is Senior day, and that's always emotional. It's a huge game because big ten teams are still jockeying for bowl game positions, and the more wins you can get the better. As for this week's guest picker I am giving Duke Blue Devil fan David a second chance, so we'll see how he does! I am still waiting on his picks, David if you get them to me by Friday I will post them. On to the picks Idaho has a bye this week(enjoyed that comment shife haha) and I didn't elect to pick the Ohio game because they played last night.

NFL GAMES
Cleveland at Pittsburgh- For Dabich and Rocket(Pittsburgh)
Phats- Pittsburgh crushed the Ravens last week, and the Browns will offer little resistence in slowing down the Steelers, Big Ben keeps em rolling
PITTSBURGH 35 cleveland 21
David-
PITTSBURGH 28 cleveland 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE PITTSBURGH 31 cleveland 28
Phats = WOOHOO
David = WOOHOO

Dallas at New York Giants- For Gary(Cowboys)
Phats- Big game this has turned into, and let me just state I am not a fan of the Cowboys, I get sick and tired of hearing them called "america's team" when they are pretty much the farthest thing from that. Anywho, this is a big game, Romo is playing really really well for Dallas, and I expect that to continue. Should be a nailbiter with the Boys sneaking one out. Happy Gary?
DALLAS 31 new york 24
David-
NY 31 dallas 20 (Romo has a bad game)
EDIT FINAL SCORE DALLAS 31 new york 20
Phats = WOOHOO
David = D'oh (right score wrong teams)

Philadelphia at Washington- For Shannon(Philly)
Phats- Tough loss for the Eagles this past week, but they will rebound against the skins and win a close one on the road.
PHILADELPHIA 24 washington 17
David-
WASHINGTON 30 philly 20 (Campbell breaks out)
EDIT FINAL SCORE PHILADELPHIA 33 washington 25 and one happy shannon
Phats = WOOHOO
David = D'oh

Kent State at Northern Illinois- For Design Goddess(Kent State)
Phats- Kent State is bad, Northern Illinois is worse, this game is the pillow fight of the week and the Golden Flashes will come out victorious.
KENT STATE 28 northern illinois 24
David- NIU 21 kent state 20 (Party in DeKalb!)
EDIT FINAL SCORE NORTHERN ILLINOIS 27 kent state 20
Phats = D'oh
David = WOOHOO


Kansas State at Nebraska- For Travis(Nebraska)
Phats- In the past this game would usually decide the Big 12 national contender, my how times have changed. Nebraska took one of the worst if not the worst beatings last week to Kansas. The Huskers will play better but will lose again(sorry travis).
KANSAS STATE 42 nebraska 21
David-
K STATE 38 nebraska 34 (one of the best NCAA games today)
EDIT FINAL SCORE NEBRASKA 73 kansas state 31(was this really football)
Phats = D'oh
David = D'oh

Arkansas at Tennessee- For Tiggysmum(Tennessee)
Phats- This on paper looks to be a good game, and Arkansas features one of my favorite players in McFadden who is still on the heisman watch. This one will stay close through out but UT with the home field will win a thriller
TENNESSEE 31 arkansas 28
David -
TENNESSESE 28 arkansas 21 (I agree w/ your logic)
EDIT FINAL SCORE TENNESSEE 34 arkansas 13
Phats = WOOHOO
David = WOOHOO

Boise State at Utah State- For Duck(Boise State)
Phats- Duck you won't beed rolaids for this one, USU is HORRIBLE and Boise State is VERY GOOD Broncos Roll towards that match up with Hawaii and a possible second BCS berth.
BOISE STATE 55 utah state 14
David-
BOISE ST 62 utah st 24 (B-State won't match Kansas' total from last week, but it will be close)
EDIT FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE 52 utah state 0
Phats = WOOHOO
David = WOOHOO

Louisville at West Virginia- For Angel Jr(West Virginia)
Phats- Back in the preseason this was a big game, but the Cardinals have failed to live up to expectations. However, they are always a scary opponent they will keep it close before dropping one to the eers
WEST VIRGINIA 33 louisville 28
David- W VIRGINIA 24 louisville 21 OT (Down to the wire)
EDIT FINAL SCORE WEST VIRGINIA 38 louisville 31
Phats = WOOHOO
David = WOOHOO

Michigan at Wisconsin- For Scott(Michigan)
Phats- The last hurdle between an undefeated big ten showdown between UM and OSU. Wisky is always dangerous at Camp Randle, and will put up a fight before the Wolverines pull away late.
MICHIGAN 31 wisconsin 24
David-
WISCONSIN 20 michigan 17 (Surprising defensive battle--and Badger upset) *Good call David!
EDIT FINAL SCORE WISCONSIN 37 michigan 21
Phats = D'oh
David = WOOHOO

Alabama At Mississippi State- For Cheryl and Gary(Alabama)
Phats- Mississippi State is showing they are back in the SEC mix, and being at home will help, but Bama has too many weapons for the Bulldogs, Tide pull away late
ALABAMA 41 mississippi state 24
David-
ALABAMA 34 miss st 10 (No chance)
EDIT FINAL SCORE MISSISSIPPI STATE 17 alabama 12(sorry guys! Back to my routine next week)
Phats = D'oh
David = D'oh

Texas Tech at Texas- For Jef and Fuzz(texas tech), and Gary and Cheryl(Texas)
Phats- Texas at home against a red raider defense that isn't very good. Hook Em Horns
TEXAS 41 texas tech 28
David-
TEXAS 41 texas tech 21 (Agreed--Texas will put up big numbers)
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS 59 texas tech 43
Phats = WOOHOO
David = WOOHOO

Auburn at Georgia- For Pissy and Leeann(Auburn)
Phats- Big game this week for both teams. UGA though has proven to be one of the few stable teams in the SEC(besides LSU), and will roll to a surprisingly easy win
GEORGIA 35 auburn 14
David-
GEORGIA 30 auburn 17 (Georgia looks pretty good lately)
EDIT FINAL SCORE GEORGIA 45 auburn 20
Phats = WOOHOO
David = WOOHOO

Georgia Tech at Duke- For David(Duke)
Phats- I have relatives that graduated from Tech and are DIEHARD Jacket fans and would kill me if I picked against them. Duke has had a successful season that hasn't shown up in wins or losses, they will keep it close for awhile, but Tech will pull it out
GEORGIA TECH 41 duke 21
David -
GA TECH 27 duke 21 (I want to go w/ Duke, but reality reigns ... Duke can score points this year for a change, but they won't pull this one out)
EDIT FINAL SCORE GEORGIA TECH 41 duke 24
Phats = WOOHOO(Close!)
David = WOOHOO

Michigan State at Purdue
David- PURDUE 35 michigan st 24 (Looking good!)
Phats- Senior day always emotional, and after a tough loss last week the Boilers will look to rebound against Sparty. The Boilers have had good success against Michigan State under Tiller, and look for that to continue this week in a close one
PURDUE 38 michigan state 31

EDIT FINAL SCORE MICHIGAN STATE 48 purdue 31 :( a pisspoor effort
Phats = D'oh
David = D'oh

Phats = 9 WOOHOO's 5 D'ohs
David = 9 WOOHOO's 5 D'ohs


Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our old Purdue
GO BOILERS!

BTFU!!!

14 Comments:

At 8:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

FIRST!!! Oh No, You picked us again... we'll lose for sure... Let me get my antidepressants out... maybe a bottle of Crown Royal too...

Roll Tide
Go Cowboys!

btw, where was my cowboy pick today... oh yeah, they always win anyway!

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger JM said...

Have a good weekend Phats!!

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger cher said...

i'm confused. isn't boise in idaho?

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Okay, Phats...I'm gonna forgiveyou this one time for picking for us. If it works and we win, you can go back to doing it every week!! LOL

I'm actually pretty worried about our game. I'm afraid that it's a "trap" game and that our guys are still stuck on that emotional loss last week. But this is a new year and it sounds like Saban really gets the guys prepared. Plus, State is looking better each week.I reallywant them to get bowl-eligible, but not this week!

I feel good about Purdue's chances. I wish it was on tv, so I could have a day of watching football--both us and you guys! I will definitely yell Boiler Up, though, when I get updates via ESPN.

Boiler Up!!!
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!

(and, hey, I'm trying to keep my PG rating on my blog. Ha!!)

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Gary- Geesh you have more teams on here than anyone am I suppose to add the Cowgirls just for you??

Angel- Thanks you too buddy!

Cher- Why, yes, yes it is

Cheryl- I thought since Bama lost I was free to pick them again, but if they lose this saturday you can bean me with softballs thrown by your daughter. Also we are on TV it's just on the Big Ten Network and nobody gets that not even me.

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Melanie Miday-Stern said...

Phats, thanks for picking TN! I am sure this going to be a great game. I just hope it doesn't run into 7 overtimes like it did once before. GEESH!

Good luck to your Boilmakers!

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger David Amulet said...

Sorry, my brother, e-mail crashed--it's still down--and I didn't get back to you through here, either. Bad David.

Better late than never ... here are my picks!!

PITTSBURGH 28 cleveland 17

NY 31 dallas 20 (Romo has a bad game)

WASHINGTON 30 philly 20 (Campbell breaks out)

NIU 21 kent state 20 (Party in DeKalb!)

K STATE 38 nebraska 34 (one of the best NCAA games today)

TENNESSESE 28 arkansas 21 (I agree w/ your logic)

BOISE ST 62 utah st 24 (B-State won't match Kansas' total from last week, but it will be close)

W VIRGINIA 24 louisville 21 OT (Down to the wire)

WISCONSIN 20 michigan 17 (Surprising defensive battle--and Badger upset)

ALABAMA 34 miss st 10 (No chance)

TEXAS 41 texas tech 21 (Agreed--Texas will put up big numbers)

GEORGIA 30 auburn 17 (Georgia looks pretty good lately)

GA TECH 27 duke 21 (I want to go w/ Duke, but reality reigns ... Duke can score points this year for a change, but they won't pull this one out)

PURDUE 35 michigan st 24 (Looking good!)

-- david

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger Rocketstar said...

I agree about Pitt, and I love that score since I have Hines Ward. Go Pitt!!

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Oh my poor, poor Flashes. :(

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Oh boy, Phats...a rough day all around, huh? SO sorry to hear about Purdue's loss (yuck!!) and I have NO IDEA what happened to my Crimson Tide! I really think they never recovered from that emotional loss last week to LSU. I was hoping for a good bowl trip for us; now, my sights have got be a bit lowered. Double yuck!!

Boiler Up!
Roll Tide!!!

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

And, yeah, pick against us--at least against Auburn. We want that win BAD!!!

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Wow I'm shocked my HUskers put up that much offense. We'll see if they can win one more and salvage at least a bowl invite from a horrible season.

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Until Tech's run defense gets better, they won't be doing much. But they did put up a fight. Sorry 'bout Purdues loss.

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

WOOHOO over D'OH again! nice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home