Thursday, November 01, 2007

Make BOILER UP yours

Purdue plays at Penn State Saturday in Happy Valley, the game kicks off at noon on ESPN. Should be a good one, we are coming off our best quarter where we scored 21 straight points, while holding the potent Northwestern offense to 0 points, 0 first downs, and 4 total yards. Hopefully that performance carries over to a place that just hasn't been a "happy" place for us seeing as we have only ever once there. PSU is coming off a beating by the #1 team in the country(sorry SEC fans they truly are #1) so here's hoping for the hangover game.

This weeks guest picker is Tiggysmum, who is a big Tennessee Volunteer fan, and I am sure a fan of Rocky Top, she also happens to be the sister of Design Goddess, so we'll see who ends up doing better. Now, on to the picks.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh- For Dabich and Rocket(Pittsburgh)
Phats- Steelers will be tested, but this game is at home and I think the steelers pull it out.
PITTSBURGH 31 baltimore 21
Tiggysmum- Can't stand the Ravens or the Steelers, but I hope the Steelers win I hate Art Modell
PITTSBURGH 21 baltimore 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE PITTSBURGH 38 baltimore 7
Phats = WOOHOO
Tiggy = WOOHOO

Philadelphia at Dallas- For Shannon(philly) Gary(Dallas)
Phats- Lets see Gary wants me to pick against his teams because he thinks it helps, Shannon wants me to pick the Eagles so I will oblige both them. Sorry Gary, I don't like the Cowgirls.
PHILADELPHIA 42 dallas 31
Tiggysmum- I'm picking Dallas to win for my husband. Lets just hope Philly doesn't wear those God awful uniforms. The Cowboys might not want to get those dirty tee hee
DALLAS 24 philadelphia 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE DALLAS 38 philadelphia 17
Phats = D'oh
Tiggy = WOOHOO


Texas Tech at Baylor- For Fuzz and Jef(texas tech)
Phats- One way to get healthy after some bad losses, play somebody really bad. This is a game Tech needs, and they will put the Bears into an early hibernation
TEXAS TECH 60 baylor 14
Tiggysmum- TEXAS TECH 45 baylor 6
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS 38 baylor 7
Phats = WOOHOO
Tiggy= WOOHOO

Tennessee Tech at Auburn- For Pissy and Leeann(Auburn)
Phats- This will be over at halftime, Tigers roll
AUBURN 55 tennessee tech 14
Tiggysmum- AUBURN 60 tennessee tech 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE AUBURN 35 tennessee tech 3
Phats = WOOHOO
Tiggy = WOOHOO

Temple at Ohio- For Skiing(Ohio)
Phats- Temple used to be the biggest joke in college football, they have actually improved a bit, and will keep this competitive for awhile
OHIO 31 temple 20
Tiggysmum- OHIO 14 temple 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE OHIO 23 temple 7
Phats = WOOHOO
Tiggy = WOOHOO

Nebraska at Kansas- For Travis(Nebraska)
Phats- In year's past this would be a laugher for the Huskers, but this year it's been Rock Chalk Jayhawk, if this were in Lincoln, I might go with the upset, but it's not
KANSAS 35 nebraska 17
Tiggysmum- It's going to be close, just how close I don't know
NEBRASKA 9 kansas 6
EDIT FINAL SCORE KANSAS 76 nebraska 39
Phats = WOOHOO
Tiggy = D'oh

Clemson at Duke- For David(Duke)
Phats- Did you see what Clemson did to Central Michigan, and they are better than Duke, this will get Ugly if Clemson wants it too.
CLEMSON 44 duke 14
Tiggysmum- Hmmm don't really know on this one
CLEMSON 36 duke 13
EDIT FINAL SCORE CLEMSON 47 duke 10
Phats = WOOHOO
Tiggy = WOOHOO


Texas at Oklahoma State- For Cheryl and Gary(Texas)
Phats- UPSET SPECIAL never easy in Stillwater, Horns find that out Cowpokes get it done
OKLAHOMA STATE 33 texas 31
Tiggysmum- TEXAS 27(for my step son Sam) oklahoma state 24 heartbreaker for OSU
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS 38 oklahoma state 35
Phats = D'oh
Tiggy = WOOHOO

Louisiana Tech at Idaho- For Shife(Idaho)
Phats- By golly Idaho is going to win one of these soon, and I will keep picking them until they do to show my Vandal Spirit! Idaho in a thriller
IDAHO 24 la tech 17
Tiggysmum- LA TECH 21 idaho 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE LOUISIANA TECH 28 idaho 16
Phats = D'oh(close again shife!)
Tiggy= WOOHOO

Michigan at Michigan State- For Scott(Michigan)
Phats- Rivalry game at its best, but UM won't lose again til they play OSU
MICHIGAN 35 michigan state 21
Tiggysmum- MICHIGAN 24 michigan state 21 OT
EDIT FINAL SCORE MICHIGAN 28 michigan state 24
Phats = WOOHOO
Tiggy = WOOHOO

San Jose State at Boise State- For Duck(Boise)
Phats- San Jose should have beaten Hawaii, but that was at home, pretty much NOBODY wins on the smurf turf, and the Spartans won't either.
BOISE STATE 44 san jose state 31
Tiggysmum- BOISE STATE 24 san jose state 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE 42 san jose state 7
Phats = WOOHOO
Tiggy = WOOHOO

Louisiana State at Alabama- For Gary and Cheryl(Bama)
Phats- If this were at LSU it would not be close, it's at Bama, it will stay close for 2 quarters, and then LSU will just take over, and physically dominate the Tide. Cheryl you'll be able to watch this one without hiding. LSU rolls
LSU 52 alabama 21
Tiggysmum- I want a Bama/Tennessee showdown for the SEC Championship
ALABAMA 24 lsu 7
EDIT FINAL SCORE LSU 41 alabama 34
Phats = WOOHOO
Tiggy = D'oh

Louisiana Lafayette at Tennessee- For Tiggysmum(UT)
Phats- Easy one for the Vols, they will send the ragin' cajun' home with a big fat loss
TENNESSEE 49 louisiana lafayette 7
Tiggysmum- Hmm this one is tough.... The Vols will win in great fashion
TENNESSEE 36 louisiana lafayette 3
EDIT FINAL SCORE TENNESSEE 59 louisiana lafayette 7
Phats = WOOHOO
Tiggy = WOOHOO

Purdue at Penn State
Tiggysmum- PURDUE 36 penn state 14

Phats- Well, we haven't fared well in Happy Valley, and it is probably the toughest stadium in the country to play in. The Boiler offense can not disappear if we want to win this game, I think it will be a close game that sees our ever improving defense stop Penn State to win the game

PURDUE 35 penn state 31

EDIT FINAL SCORE PENN STATE 26 purdue 19 :(
Phats = D'oh
Tiggy = D'oh


Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our old Purdue
GO BOILERS!

BTFU!!!

23 Comments:

At 8:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Phats!! Go Cowboys!!!!

Rollllll Tide Roll!!!

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Good luck to the Boilers this weekend Phats. Hope it turns out to be a happy place for them. And thanks for sticking with the Vandals.

 
At 11:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that you make the colors for the team. I'll be in Waco hopefully putting the bears in hyber-nation.

On teh Dallas Philly game. Sorry Shannon, I don't think this is going to be Philly's week. Cowgirls roll again. I'm pretty sure. It's a division game.

~Jef

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Oh Lord, I hope LSU doesn't beat us THAT bad!!! Then I really would be sad...

I actually think it's gonna be close. Just a feeling I have.

and you know, in this crazy season you never know what to expect.

But I will be there in Crimson and yelling as loud as I possibly can.

ROll Tide!!!!!

And I predict a win for you guys!!! Boiler Up!!!!!!!

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Tiggysmum - I'm ghlad to see somebody still has a bit of faith in the Huskers. I hope they don't let you down, the way they have me all season.

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger cher said...

hey phats, sorry i've been missing you on msn...at least you have DG to keep you warm.

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Gary- Just doing my job

Shife- thanks go vandals, this is the week I can feel it. I like being back in your good graces, and not having my knees whacked out

Jef- Thanks I am glad someone noticed! :) GO RED RAIDERS

Cheryl- According to you and your hubby I am not allowed to pick Bama! I think it could either be really really close, or really ugly. We'll see. I am not sure if we'll win or not to be honest

Travis- Hang in there the Huskers will get it straight soon

Cher- HA DG yelled at me, can you believe that she yelled at me, HMMPH so mean I prefer you just don't tell her

 
At 6:58 PM , Blogger Design Goddess said...

Ahem...Phats, here's your response from Cher: You can't tell me what to do! You're not the boss of me!

And yes, Cher, I yelled at him! He deserved it too!!! But my question is, how come you don't respond to me when I IM YOU?! Makes me kinda wonder if you truly do like me or if it's all a sham!

As for my sis: You're not supposed to say HATE!!! Don't make me sic your son on you!

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hope you are right Phats...War Eagle!
Hope your team wins.
Have a great weekend.
~xo
Lee Ann

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Melanie Miday-Stern said...

Oh please... my son. YEAH right! He HATES the Steelers as much as I do! ROFL!!!

I hope that my picks were good. I did a lot of research for them!

BTW don't yell at poor phats. It's not nice to YELL!!!

tee hee

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Hey again Phats!!!
I would NEVER delink or ban you!! LOL You're one of my favorite blog buddies--and the only one who loves sports as much as I do!!
I definetely see how Saban can rub people the wrong way. He is ALL business and seems pretty rough some of the time. But,honestly, he seems to me like he's mellowed a little bit while he's been here (you'd never hear that from the national media, of course). He talks about his players a lot and he actually almost cried (definitely teared up a little bit) in his press conference last week at the post-Tenn, press conferencel it was really sorta surreal. LOL It's kinda like Spurrier--boy did I hate him when he was at Florida, but he seems more mellowed out at SC and I really like him now! But, you know? he may completely jilt us after a year or two.
Anyway...I'm always for the TEAM, not the coach. I'm even that way about The Bear; my love is for the school, not one guy!

Man..sorry that sorta rambled!! LOL

And absolutely keep picking AGAINST us. You are commanded to do that until we lose again!! :-)

Have a great football Saturday!!

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Skiingred said...

Go Team!

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Woo hoo!!! Just saw that kickoff return!!! Way to start the game!!!

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger Phats said...

Skii- Our team went alright

Cheryl- Too bad we didn't get a little more help, especially from the boys in black and white.

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger that girl possessed said...

i want to touch you.. ok thats a lie...

 
At 7:03 AM , Blogger Melanie Miday-Stern said...

Close on some, way off on others. D'Oh! Can't wait to see what happens on the pro level. tee hee. GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Sorry about the tough loss. Tech needed a patsy to get their head out of their ass before the big game against Texas next week. I have to disagree with you on the 'Pokes game. Philly is going down.

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger Cinderella said...

Booooooooooo Cowgirls!!! Thanks Phats for being in my corner reguardless if they win or lose!

I will have animosity towards the Cowgirls until people get off their banwagon. It makes me sick. Plus they have T.O. and that makes my stomach turn. I could careless if the Eagles win today b/c lets face it....THEY HAVE NO SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS. They are horrible this year. HORRIBLE! But I love them!!


I hate the COWGIRLS..I do however have respect for their cheerleaders! Did you ever watch that show about the Cowgirls Cheerleaders? Damn, that's some hard chit!! hehe

BTFU PHATS!! You're still a rock star! :)

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Awww....Phats...can we cry together today?

The Bama game was one of the most EXCITING we've ever been to and despite some really bad playing we had a chance to beat #3. The crowd was SO loud and it was an electric night! And then, after thinking we'd be blown out, we actually had a chance to win. But...all I can say is that we are moving on up from here. The next years are gonna be exciting, for sure!

SO sorry about Purdue. I thought ya'll were gonna take it to them!

I'll admit I only saw the first half and didn't catch many replays. So I didn't say all the bad plays by the refs! Pretty bad, huh? (We had one reversed that, for the life of me, I still haven't figured out!)

Forever ROLL TIDE!!!!

Boiler Up!!!

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Phats said...

TGP- WHAT?! haha

Tiggys- Good job you did way better than your sister

Fuzz- Ha I don't like Dallas sorry!! I did root for tech though

Shannon- GO EAGLES!! I hate to admit this but Yes I watched that show, I hate that they call them Cheerleaders when they are dancers(and good ones) though

Cheryl- Yes lets be sad together!! At least we have next week right? :) I watched your game and I am about to comment on it in my new post.

 
At 3:36 PM , Blogger AngelConradie said...

these "pick" posts are oh so cool phats!

 
At 7:35 AM , Blogger DaBich said...

OMG What a blow-out Monday night. I was going crazy! lol

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger Melanie Miday-Stern said...

I can't believe that I almost got both scores right for the pro games!!

Thing is Phats, I know football.... lil sis knows some. LOL j/k sis you did pretty good!

So that makes me what, 11-3??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home