Happy Homecoming
It was a happy homecoming weekend as my Boilers topped the Northwestern Wildcats 35-17 to move to 7-2 on the season! Yep, that is Neil Armstrong, a Purdue graduate, he got the biggest ovation of the day when he led the 4th quarter SHOUT from the press box. He never stopped waving that flag the whole time SHOUT was being played. Pretty exciting, and it was neat to see the fans appreciate Mr Armstrong's words. As for the picks it was a bad week for Phats, I need to stop picking teams because of whose team it is, and pick on who I think will win. That being said here is the record from Saturday. Oh yeah, I owe a BIG shout out to Tena for saying Boiler Up even though Northwestern is her school, you rock, and contrary to what your hubsand says you're not a traitor.Phats = 8-6 (85-33)
As for being on the field again what a freaking rush I miss it. I threw my full which was freaking awesome, 30 yrs old and still got it baby! It was a fun game too, because we scored 21 pts in the fourth quarter, had 200 total yards in the 4th quarter, and held Northwestenr to 4 yards and 0 first downs, now that's impressive! GO BOILERS!
Nothing else is really going on, it's starting to get colder and colder and that means winter will be here soon that sucks big time. I am sad because college football is almost over, who wants to console me?? :)
Have a great week
Phats


21 Comments:
Yay!!! Happy for the Boilers!! Don't you wish that they had the games on some website and we could watch the games we missed or re-watch the games we loved (kind of the way NBC, ABC and CBS) have the full stream episodes.
WOW...nice fourth quarter! I love Fall, but hate the thought of winter coming...snow sucks! Cold sucks!
Have a nice cup of hot chocolate and snuggle under a blanket...
I am sad because college football is almost over, who wants to console me??
Hey, kids! Let's have a Winter Sux party for Phats!
Neil Armstrong... VERY cool.
I'm glad you are indebted to me, Phats.
I'm depressed because the Mustangs lost this weekend playing softball... and the Tide didn't play this weekend. What a sucky weekend.
Congrats Phats!!
Boiler UP!
I am happy for you Phats!! 30 years old Eh? You're older then me???? I'll be 29 in 2 weeks! The question is....what are you getting me?? :)
It was so cold this morning. I'm glad the Boiler won! hehehe
Brrrr! It took me a long time to get out of bed. I was rather comfy under all the covers. It would have been nice to have someone warm me up:) It's hibernation time!
Angel- I was happy too, YES I wish they would show those somewhere too good idea
Dabich- Are you offering to snuggle up with me?? HAHA :)
Tena- WINTER SUX I am there. Yes Neil Armstrong that was amazing
Gary- At least Bama didn't lose
Shannon- I don't look a day over 20 though right?
Nutz- WOOHOO me too. YES it was freezing.
Egg- that's the hardest part getting up when you are all nice and comfy and warm!
oh Phats. Sweet sweet little Phats. I will not only console you, I will keep you warm.
fantastic picture phats- it sounds like it was a fabulous game!
and i'll console you when the season's over- we're heading into summer and i miss winter already!
It really is so much fun to be able to watch from the field...it's another whole experience.
I will.... ;)
Have a great week Phats!
*hug* and more *hugs*
~xo
Lee Ann
Sorry Phats that my Vandals let you down again. Maybe this is their week? Probably not. Just make me happy and put a curse on BSU. Have a good week.
You are my hero--when it comes to doing tumbling at your Old Age!! (Hey, I'm a year from 40 and I can still do the splits! How bout that?? LOL)
YAY for Purdue. Love that picture of him waving the flag.Very cool!!!!
On to next week...
Boiler Up
Roll TIDE!!!!
The Husker will be lucky to even make a bowl game so my season will be over long before yours.
Damn, sports isn't over yet? ;o)
So, tell me Phats, how long until we get to read about the real you? :)
I'm glad your guys won. Our little high school team won this w/end and I was proud of them because they haven't been doing so well this season.
Cher- you're on!
Angel- It was a fantastic day all around for sure
Phoenix- Especially while cheering ha
Leeann- get on over here then!
Shife- I think I will wait til a certain week to curse BSU ;) haha Don't tell Duck
Cheryl- Old Age?! I am only 30, with your splits, and my tumbling we'd make the perfect cher, watch out Spartans! hahaha.
Travis- They almost got it Saturday sorry buddy hang in there
Pretzel- 4 more games, but then it's basketball season hahaha :) Congrats to your HS team
i'm telling duck. you guys are awful. thi jigg is up.
Don't forget to pick against Bama!! Of course that shouldn't be that hard of a stretch since everyone else is!
Roll TIDE!!
oh, and pick the Eagles too over Dallas for Sunday's NFL game!!
Go Cowboys!
I know, it's getting colder and colder and I can't stand it!
Have a good rest of the week
BOILER UP!! That's great that you were able to still go out to cheer for your team. I would have loved to been able to cheer on the college level. But, alas, I never did make it. :( I have been able to still jump.... toe touches and herkies every once in awhile. tee hee
Anyway, I am glad you got my picks. I hope I don't embarrass myself. lol
I am hoping the Vols don't let me down!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home