Bring on scUM!

So, we're coming off our first loss and where do you think we have to play, that's right the Big House, at Michigan. We haven't won there since I have been alive, and even though they are down this year it will be tough again. I am sure Mike Hart is guarenteeing another victory for the Maize and Blue as well. Last week's loss to Ohio State was discouraging to a lot of fans, but not to me and here is why. Our defense actually proved themselves in the second half and that is saying something. We were down 17-0 at halftime(it could have been worse) and our D really stepped up and only allowed 2 field goals the rest of the way, and those were results of two really bad punts after 4 and outs. Our defense was ripped to shreds last year by not only opponents but fans, it's a shame our offense couldn't do much so our D could have gotten the recognition it deserves.
On to the picks. This week's guest picker is none other than Fuzz. If you haven't visited his blog you should it's pretty comical. He is a fan of the Texas Tech Red Raiders, and they have a big showdown with A&M this week. So, without further ado here are our picks this week. Pittsburgh Steelers and West Virginia are both off this week.
NFL GAME Philadelphia at New York Jets- For Shannon(Philly)
Phats- Hmm This could be an interesting match up or it could be a blowout, either way I see Shannon's Eagles taking this one. That is if they can put the distractions of possibly losing their coach behind them
PHILADELPHIA 31 new york 17
Fuzz- Philly should go back to those ugly ass uniforms for some extra mojo but they won't need them versus the hapless Jets and the anemic Pennington
PHILADELPHIA 24 new york 17
EDIT FINAL SCORE PHILADELPHIA 16 new york jets 9
Phats = WOOHOO
Fuzz = WOOHOO
Eastern Michigan at Ohio- For Skii(Ohio)
Phats- EMU actually played UM well in the big house, was Michigan looking ahead to us? Ohio suffered a really bad loss to Buffalo last week, give me EMU
EASTER MICHIGAN 35 ohio 31
Fuzz- Somebody has to win.... EASTERN MICHIGAN 24 ohio 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE OHIO 48 eastern michigan 42
Phats = D'oh
Fuzz = D'oh
Kent State at Ohio State- For Design Goddess(Kent State)
Phats- I smell a blowout coming! Although I will say this about Tressel he doesn't run the score up on instate opponents much and he could, this one would get ugly if he did.
OHIO STATE 45 kent state 0
Fuzz- Ohio State is just plain tough, just ask Purdue.... OHIO STATE 38 kent state 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE OHIO STATE 48 kent state 3
Phats = WOOHOO
Fuzz = WOOHOO
Auburn at Arkansas- For Leeann and Pissy(Auburn)
Phats- Auburn has found itself again and is playing with a lot of confidence, but Arkansas has my favorite non Purdue player in McFadden, so I am going with the Hogs
ARKANSAS 21 auburn 10
Fuzz- I still can't get over Arkansas defecting from the Southwest Conference. Yeah I hold a grudge forever, Go Auburn........ AUBURN 35 arkansas 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE AUBURN 9 arkansas 7
Phats = D'oh
Fuzz = WOOHOO
Virginia Tech at Duke- For David(Duke)
Phats- I will be the first to admit this is not the normal Dukies, and I will be rooting for them the week they play ND, but they don't have a shot in hell in this one, Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi rolls.
VIRGINIA TECH 55 duke 13
Fuzz- Virginia Tech needs it to stay on pace in the ACC while Duke is just playing for what self respect they have left. VIRGINIA TECH 28 duke 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE VIRGINIA TECH 43 duke 14
Phats = WOOHOO
Fuzz = WOOHOO
Nevada at Boise State- For Duck(boise state)
Phats- BSU is playing really really well right now, the Wolfpack well they aren't. This one will be over at halftime, GO BSU!
BOISE STATE 42 nevada 20
Fuzz- There is just something magical about that blue field. BOISE STATE 34 nevada 13
EDIT FINAL SCORE BOISE STATE 69 nevada 67OT
Fresno State at Idaho- For Mr Shife(Idah0)
Phats- Well, I am kind of scared to pick against Idaho for two reasons, I don't want the shifeman mad at me, and 2 I don't want Cher to break my legs, that's enough for me GO VANDALS!
IDAHO 21 fresno state 17
Fuzz- Fresno has some pointmakers should be a high scoring free for all
FRESNO STATE 45 idaho 28
EDIT FINAL SCORE FRESNO STATE 37 idaho 24(on a positive i still have my kneecaps!)
Phats = D'oh
Fuzz = WOOHOO
Texas at Iowa State- For Cheryl and Gary(texas)
Phats- This one won't be pretty folks, UT coming off a loss to OU and will not be happy Hook Em Horns!
TEXAS 42 iowa state 17
Fuzz- It will be ugly TEXAS 27 iowa state 6
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS 56 iowa state 3
Phats = WOOHOO
Fuzz = WOOHOO
Oklahoma State at Nebraska- For Travis(Nebraska)
Phats- I am not sure what happened to the huskers last week, but they need to turn the page and move on quickly, OSU is a team you can't sleep on. This will be an exciting game that comes down to who has the ball last. Give me the Huskers in a thriller
NEBRASKA 41 oklahoma state 35
Fuzz- Those Cowboys are tricksy as hobbitses OKLAHOMA STATE 28 nebraska 24
EDIT FINAL SCORE OKLAHOMA STATE 45 nebraska 14
Phats = D'oh
Fuzz = WOOHOO
Alabama at Mississippi- For Cheryl, Kimberly, and Gary(Bama)
Phats- I am a little worried that Gary, and Cheryl might never talk to me again after this, but this is my upset special of the week. Just ask Florida how hard it is to play at Ole Miss, and Bama isn't Florida. Saban has a knack for losing games he shouldn't, or blowing big leads late it will happen again.
MISSISSIPPI 31 alabama 28
Fuzz- Mississippi defense won't be able to stop the Tide ALABAMA 42 mississippi 20
EDIT FINAL SCORE ALABAMA 27 mississippi 24(another gift from the refs, please send them our way, I am begging you gary and cheryl)
Phats = D'oh
Fuzz = WOOHOO
Texas A&M at Texas Tech- For Fuzz and Jef(Texas Tech)
Phats- I think Tech has found its rhythm again, and with this one being at home, and I believe a rivalry game their stadium should be rocking. They will take A&M out of it early and coast home
TEXAS TECH 41 texas a&m 21
Fuzz- I am giving them 10 points out of the goodness of my heart. Chances are the Raiders won't show them that much goodness this week. Get your Guns Up!!!
TEXAS TECH 52 texas a&m 10
EDIT FINAL SCORE TEXAS TECH 35 texas a&m 7(at least my guest picker's team won!)
Phats = WOOHOO
Fuzz = WOOHOO
Purdue at Michigan- For Phats(Purdue), and Scott(Michigan)
Fuzz- Michigan will be facing a pissed off Purdue looking for redemption after the humbling loss to Ohio State PURDUE 33 michigan 13
Phats- Well, we do have one thing in common with scUM neither of us can beat OSU. UM has trouble stopping the spread, Purdue plays a spread, my prediction is Dorien Bryant, Dustin Keller, and Greg Orton catch tons of balls and Purdue hangs on late to win in the Big House for the first time since the Griese Era.
PURDUE 35 michigan 21
EDIT FINAL SCORE MICHIGAN 48 purdue 21 A butt kicking!
Phats = D'oh
Fuzz = D'oh
Hail Hail to old Purdue all Hail to our old gold and black
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our old Purdue
GO BOILERS!
BTFU!!!
Hail Hail to old Purdue our friendship may she never lack
Ever Grateful, ever true thus we raise our song a new FIRE UP!
Of the days we've spent with you, all Hail our old Purdue
GO BOILERS!
BTFU!!!


15 Comments:
Nah! Kent will get more points than 10. I say they at least get 14. :)
Awwwwwww..thanks Phats!! We could use some good vibes!! We could use a win too!! Lord help us! lol..I agree though, the throw back uniforms did us some good. I want one for either my Birthday or Christmas as ugly as they are, they are unique lol
I got fitted for one, and they told me I had to get a kids version of it b/c I am so small -LOL..Atleast it saves me some money haha
BTFU!!! Woot-Woot!
Thanks, Phats!
I hope you're right! :)
It's nice to know that we have a few different picks. Let the games begin.
Thank you for posting mine....but I must say....
WAR DAMN EAGLE!!
;)
I agree with most of your pics. Let's hope Purdue can get the full mojo back ...
-- david
I sure hope Purdue can get back to winning this weekend. Michigan is looking a lotbetter since Appy St.,butI think you guys can take em. Boiler Up!!!!!
And, I totally agree with you that the Alabama-Ole Miss game could be another close game. We shouldn't lose, but we have yet to play a complete game so we could self-destruct again. But..I'm gonna say that we "right the ship" this week and get it going again. (Crossing my fingers, saying a little prayer.)
I'm also VERY excited about the Cowyboys-Pats game on Sunday. My 'Boys are looking good!
have a GREAT weekend!!!!
Have a great weekend!!
And I'll watch the Purdue game!! I'll be cheering for them!
Whooo! I hate that you are going to lose on that Bama pic! oh, last time I said that we lost... maybe you'll be right Phats, but I doubt it!
Cowboys RULE, Chickens drool ... Nov 4 on NBC. :) don't hit too hard Cinders..... I still think you are the sweetest Eagles fan I know....
Then again I don't know any Eagles fans!!
I thought you were going to disappoint me again but you picked the Vandals. Way to go Phats. Now when are you going to put the curse on BSU? Good luck this weekend against Michigan.
DG- I think the OSU D is too tough for KSU
Shannon- GO EAGLES!! That's a compliment a kids jersey
Pissy- WAR EAGLE!
Fuzz- best of luck!
Leeann- WAR EAGLE!
David- Thanks I hope so too! Hopefully Duke will make it a game sat as well
Cheryl- I am still rooting for Bama, so I hope I am wrong. Boys/Pats sorry but Is ee the pats winning easy.
Angel- Thanks and BOILER UP!
Gary- I hope I do lose it!! :)
Gary- Shannon is the exception to eagle fans??
Shife- then I have to disappoint Duck!? However, I picked them to win the WAC That's usually the curse of death. I will curse them the week they play the Vandals how is that?
oh phats, it's ok to miss me. i've been sick. kids have been sick. rob had nasal surgery...
i'm so glad you picked me not having to break any knees. i've been really tired.
i do love seeing my name on your blog!
I've arrived at teh sad conclucion that my beloved Huskers simply are not any good.
oh no, i'm sorry your boilers lost this one...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home